• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

category thumb wont show if subcategories attached

tec

Hey everyone, i am hoping someone can help me out. I have been racking my head off my desk and kind find a solution

if you go here

http://www.monsterslippers.co.uk/

you will see that when you click on a menu item, you can see the category thumbnail, however, if you click on the 'For feet' category, which has subcategories, the category thumb does not show.

It appears in the admin just fine, but not on the front end :angry:

heres hopen someone can help

thanks muchly

T

check the file-open it in Adobe Bridg, along with the others and see what is the diference- it should be some diference! First check the format (JPEG, PNG...) if the image is not CMYK mode instead of RGB.

In general, make sure that is like the others !!!

When you created the "For Feet" category you neglected to give it an image.

Look at your HTML source for it: It's a path with no name!

:blush:

Edit the category and specify an image this time

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

When you created the "For Feet" category you neglected to give it an image.

Look at your HTML source for it: It's a path with no name!

:blush:

Edit the category and specify an image this time

well see there kinda lies the problem...there is an image specified for that category, the image for the category shows in the admin, but does not want to show on the front end.

I have checked the format of the image, tis the same as all the others. I have double checked to make sure there is no spaces in the name of the image, and there isnt.

I am lost on this one, just cant, for the life of me figure it out.

I have edited the category a few times trying to upload the image over and over again, like always though, it shows in the admin but not on the front end

thanks muchly :)

T

Welcome to the Sisterhood of the Broken Template.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

check the file-open it in Adobe Bridg, along with the others and see what is the diference- it should be some diference! First check the format (JPEG, PNG...) if the image is not CMYK mode instead of RGB.

In general, make sure that is like the others !!!

Why waste a comment? Color profiling? No Soup for You! Do you even have a basic understanding how 'internet' works? The name of the file is missing from the source code! Means that somehow her php code is screwed up failing to insert that dynamically. Which is by the way true. I looked at the code and "someone" forgot to execute the mysql query they spent o-so-long putting together <_<

Welcome to the Sisterhood of the Broken Template.

I like your signature about posting your what your voices tell you. I tried following that path once but didn't work out. My voices keep switching between Spanish and Angry German, none of which I understand! :lol:

The name of the file is missing from the source code! Means that somehow her php code is screwed up failing to insert that dynamically. Which is by the way true. I looked at the code and "someone" forgot to execute the mysql query they spent o-so-long putting together <_<

Thanks for the fix George, I am happy to admit i was not the one who wrote the code originally, i only did some image edits.

I did a file compare on my files and the backup files and am happy to say the only difference is the design code itself. So whoever did it first was the one who messed up, i myself, well...couldnt see it cause it wasnt there

again

thanks muchly

:)

Archived