• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Is there a module to process credit cards manually

NodsDorf

I'm working for a business that does custom work. What they are looking for is a way to receive the credit card information, but not process the order online. They wish to do it through the local terminals. Are there any modules designed for this? I checked google and the addons section with no hits.

Your help is appreciated.

PCI Compliant

I've seen people post that if you read the merchant agreement this collection of CC info online then processing manually is against the terms of the merchant account with the bank/CC company.

I can only say what I've read here on this forum.

:blush:

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

PCI Compliant

I've seen people post that if you read the merchant agreement this collection of CC info online then processing manually is against the terms of the merchant account with the bank/CC company.

I can only say what I've read here on this forum.

:blush:

thank you that is what I was worried about. I did read the post about the PCI compliance before posting however, the business I'm working with already processes credit cards in house and was having trouble understanding the difference between getting data from a internet site and getting data via phone / fax.

click me

click me

click me

If you're still in doubt I suggest you contact someone representing the bank/cc company you have the merchant account with.

Better "safe" than "sorry".

;)

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

And if this was something that a normal site might do in normal business operations there would probably be a module for it.

The lack of such an add-on also substantiates claims that it isn't something you should be doing (IMHO).

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

Archived