• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Remove Unused Images [Support Thread]

spooks

Hi Sam,

Great contribution, works like a dream after a 5 min install (if that).

One question: I also have your "Simple Multi Image add-on with fancybox pop-ups" installed on my site.

When I run the remove unused images tool, it picks up all the additional images from the Simple multi.....add on.

am I missing something here? are the additional images tored in another directory ?

Thanks

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

One question: I also have your "Simple Multi Image add-on with fancybox pop-ups" installed on my site.

When I run the remove unused images tool, it picks up all the additional images from the Simple multi.....add on.

This contrib needs updating to allow for that, Simple Multi Images stores the image filename data in a new form for efficiency & to allow an unlimited number, code has to be added to this so it can understand that.

I will provide the code as soon as I`ve time. wink.gif

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

This contrib needs updating to allow for that, Simple Multi Images stores the image filename data in a new form for efficiency & to allow an unlimited number, code has to be added to this so it can understand that.

Thanks Sam.

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

• 2 weeks later...

I have downloaded this contribution and am getting ready to try and install it. After reading the readme I am unclear on this portion of the instructions

6. Open the remove_unused_images.php and go to Line 110 (SETTINGS) - and replace enter your site details.

$root_dir = the actual SERVER side address of your website eg: C:/serverinfo/yoursite/httpdocs/catalog

$base_dir = this is the actual URL of your website catalog eg: http://www.yoursite.com/catalog

Can you please explain this for an idiot such as myself, I find it easier to understand fully than to "forge ahead" and then really mess things up! :blush:

Thank you ahead of time for your understanding and patience with me.

Thanks,

Susan

Proudly uses Oscommerce!

Hi!

first of all: many thanks for this contrib!

I encountered the problem that the script wouldn't show all files. somehow it didn't include some jpg's. Turned out that the line:

while(false!=($file=readdir($dp)))

should be changed to

while(false!==($file=readdir($dp)))

maybe only for php5?

I have downloaded this contribution and am getting ready to try and install it. After reading the readme I am unclear on this portion of the instructions

Can you please explain this for an idiot such as myself, I find it easier to understand fully than to "forge ahead" and then really mess things up! :blush:

Thank you ahead of time for your understanding and patience with me.

Well, I forged ahead and messed it up. Really wasn't sure what I was doing at that last bit of instructions. When I run the remove images I get this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '/' in /var/www/html/admin/remove_unused_images.php on line 89

I entered on line 110 (I counted) as follows but I have a feeling it is absolutely wrong.

$root_dir = /var/www/html/

$base_dir = http://purplemartins-r-us.com/

The directions :

Open the remove_unused_images.php and go to Line 110 (SETTINGS) - and replace enter your site details.

$root_dir = the actual SERVER side address of your website eg: C:/serverinfo/yoursite/httpdocs/catalog

$base_dir = this is the actual URL of your website catalog eg: http://www.yoursite.com/catalog

are not clear to me if anyone can help me I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Susan

Proudly uses Oscommerce!

The directions :

are not clear to me if anyone can help me I would appreciate it.

Sorry, that instruction needs updating, its not needed anymore, in the current version it gets that info from your configure file, so unless u have a very non-standard site, you don't need to change anything.

just run the file as given and it should work fine. smile.gif

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

• 2 weeks later...

I believe I need this too as many of the images it is saying can be removed are my pop-ups. I'll be keeping my eye out for this.

Thanks,

Susan

Proudly uses Oscommerce!

I installed this contrib. When I go to admin panel, it is blank. When I remove the code:

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_REMOVE_IMAGES, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_TOOLS_REMOVE_IMAGES . '</a><br>' .

The admin panel comes back. I'm not sure what the problem is. I am using the Mindsparx Admin contrib if that helps.

Thanks!

<br />I installed this contrib.  When I go to admin panel, it is blank.  When I remove the code: <br /><br />'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_REMOVE_IMAGES, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' .  BOX_TOOLS_REMOVE_IMAGES . '</a><br>' .<br /><br />The admin panel comes back.  I'm not sure what the problem is.  I am using the Mindsparx Admin contrib if that helps.<br /><br />Thanks!<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Likely you created an error when you placed that code, if you put it in the wrong place that would do that, try reading up on the fundementals of php then you may see where u went wrong.

Sam

Contributions:

• 4 weeks later...

WOW!

I can't say thank you enough for this one.

In less than 20 minutes, I installed the mod, ran it, and deleted over 4,000 unused images.

It is a long story how they got there, but there gone now.

I had zero problems and obviously there is no way to manually delete that many files, much less verify they are not used.

Tim

:D

• 1 month later...

Hello,

This is the first time i install this contribution and i get this error

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 90 seconds exceeded in /home/xxx/public_html/admin/remove_unused_images.php on line 231
2006 - MySQL server has gone away

select count(*) as total from sessions where sesskey = '575a45c2f7c807d5f8854166f5eddb26'

As a beginner in php and osc i don`t see from were i get this error or how to solve it.

• 1 month later...

Hi

it work fine... thx for sharering!

Short qurstion:

right now i must exclude some images by hand e.g. bin.jpg or card.jpg. i did not sea a way how i can exclude this images by entering inside the code?

alfred

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there;

I've tried installing this contrib again as had a problem with it several months ago,

but I am still having the same problem ...... When run Remove Images from Admin, I get a blank page.

Here is how I installed the contrib :

Uploaded remove_unused_images.php to catalog/admin

In admin/includes/filenames.php file add:

define('FILENAME_REMOVE_IMAGES', 'remove_unused_images.php');

In admin\includes\boxes\tools.php add:

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_REMOVE_IMAGES, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_TOOLS_REMOVE_IMAGES . '</a><br>' .

In admin/includes/languages/english.php add:

define('BOX_TOOLS_REMOVE_IMAGES', 'Remove Images');

I don't use an ftp so the file could not be corrupted. Not sure what to try now.

Help?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

I have followed the instructions to install this contributions, that I'm sure will be really usefull.

But when I try to run it I get this error message.

1146 - Table 'marcsinf_keliane.TABLE_NEWSDESK' doesn't exist

select newsdesk_image as image from TABLE_NEWSDESK

[TEP STOP]

I have verified and no table NEWSDESK exist in my data base.

Do I have to create such table, but how many fileds etc...

Your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

• 2 months later...

I got this installed by my programmer. Seems to be a really good contrib. The only question/issue I have is the following. I have abotu 100 sub directory of images from different pages in my site. I dont have the default which is all images dump into one image directory which was viewed as an issue when the site was originally developed. I was able to test it on about 250 images in the root image folder, but I have thousands to check. Is there a way to make this check all of the folders underneath?

Thanks

Robert

• 7 months later...

I have thois kind of error. Everything else i think they works fine but in the tools sector , remove images. i am having this kind of mess in the image.

Can you help?

57474756.th.png

Edited by apolyshow

One amateur made the Arc, 5.000 pro made the Titanic...

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Did anybody ever get to this?

• 3 months later...