• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Remove Unused Images [Support Thread]

spooks

this will happen if you add extra fields and fail to reflect that in the checking sql, edit the file to suit.

Yup, i added that extra field but still not doing well.

The strange thing is that also if there is no extra field it should check only the product_image right?

mhmmhmh.

Shouldn't it work like this :

-Check if the filename is present in the corresponding field into db (products_image)

-If found no dependancies list as unused

So it should work also if i have extra field "preserving" the main prod image as a "used" one..am i right?

Advice on forum are Free, Email or Pm to fix your site is work...which I charge for :)

-------------------

Yup, i added that extra field but still not doing well.

The strange thing is that also if there is no extra field it should check only the product_image right?

mhmmhmh.

Shouldn't it work like this :

-Check if the filename is present in the corresponding field into db (products_image)

-If found no dependancies list as unused

So it should work also if i have extra field "preserving" the main prod image as a "used" one..am i right?

I`m sorry, I can't make out what you are trying to say exactly, please read the included docs as to the methods this uses.

Che cosa questo scritto fa:

* Legga la parte posteriore di rapporto e della base di dati una lista delle immagini installate

* Contrassegni (nel COLORE ROSSO) tutta l'immagine elencata DB che non esiste sull'assistente

* Legga le immagini dell'assistente e la parte posteriore di rapporto una lista * Confronti le liste per i dati mancanti

* Offragli la capacità di controllare o uncheck il controllo elencato di immagini che cosa ottiene cambiato titolo

* cambiano titolo le immagini elencate controllate UTENTE da myimage.jpg a #UNUSED_myimage.jpg

* Permettalo al ftp e cancelli TUTTE LE immagini cambiate titolo di #UNUSED_myimage.jpg

Edited by spooks

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

Hi Sam,

Tx for Translating.. my english is bad but still able to read how a contrib works ;)

--

Managed to fix it, i added an extra image field and forgot a " into the table array, so i'd say it's the usual Typo Error :P

Cheers

Fab

Edited by Freeman

Advice on forum are Free, Email or Pm to fix your site is work...which I charge for :)

-------------------

• 2 weeks later...

hi there sorry for my english i'm french, i tried the contribs it work well, my problem is that i have extra image installed, i tried to add in the line 61 $table_array = array("products_image","products_extra_images"); it seem that the script maybe think that products_extra_images is in the "products" part, how can i specifie that i need to scan the table products_extra_images in products_extra_image section ??

the error is : Unknown column 'p.products_extra_images' in 'field list'

Thanks

here is the screen capture sql_cpt.jpg

Thanks

i think i found is it something like that ? line 85

i changed into :

// Additional tables to be checked ie TABLE_LINKS

$dbase_tables = array(TABLE_CATEGORIES,TABLE_MANUFACTURERS,TABLE_PRODUCTS_EXTRA_IMAGES);

// Image Field names within above tables (MUST MATCH) ie 'links_image_url'

$image_array = array('categories_image','manufacturers_image','products_extra_image');

? thanks can you confirm please.

ps: how can i go one subfolder deeper ? thanks

i think i found is it something like that ? line 85

i changed into :

// Additional tables to be checked ie TABLE_LINKS

$dbase_tables = array(TABLE_CATEGORIES,TABLE_MANUFACTURERS,TABLE_PRODUCTS_EXTRA_IMAGES);

// Image Field names within above tables (MUST MATCH) ie 'links_image_url'

$image_array = array('categories_image','manufacturers_image','products_extra_image');

? thanks can you confirm please.

if TABLE_PRODUCTS_EXTRA_IMAGES is defined in the dbase tables & 'products_extra_image' is the field name then your fine.

how can i go one subfolder deeper

you must recode to allow that, see my previous posts.

Edited by spooks

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sam,

Thanks for the great contrib and the version i installed is v1.5. It works well but still have a little problem. When i login the FTP account and deleting these files in UNUSED folder, the error message is showed: "550 Could not delete abc.jpg: Permission denied".

I checked the chmod of UNUSED folder is 755 and these image files are 777. Any suggestions or methods to solve it? Thanks in advance.

BTW the reason i installed 『Remove Unused Images』 is this solution about "how to del Simple Multiple Images correctly" you mentioned (http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=344580), thanks for this amazing contrib too.

Edited by mrshadow924

Hi Sam,

Thanks for the great contrib and the version i installed is v1.5. It works well but still have a little problem. When i login the FTP account and deleting these files in UNUSED folder, the error message is showed: "550 Could not delete abc.jpg: Permission denied".

I checked the chmod of UNUSED folder is 755 and these image files are 777. Any suggestions or methods to solve it? Thanks in advance.

BTW the reason i installed 『Remove Unused Images』 is this solution about "how to del Simple Multiple Images correctly" you mentioned (http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=344580), thanks for this amazing contrib too.

I would suspect you have added something to your htaccess that is preventing the delete, check there, this adds no restrictions, so nothing to do with it. smile.gif

Sam

Contributions:

I would suspect you have added something to your htaccess that is preventing the delete, check there, this adds no restrictions, so nothing to do with it. smile.gif

Thanks for the quick reply. As a beginner in OSC and first i checked the only one htaccess in catalog/admin below:

RewriteEngine on
# -FrontPage-
IndexIgnore .htaccess */.??* *~ *# */HEADER* */README* */_vti*
<Limit GET POST>
order deny,allow 
deny from all 
allow from 2xx.xx.xx.xx
</Limit>
<Limit PUT DELETE>
order deny,allow
deny from all
allow from 2xx.xx.xx.
</Limit>
Options -Indexes
AuthType Basic
AuthName "Only Authorized Users "
require valid-user
AuthUserFile "/home/abc/.htpasswds/public_html/ecom/admin/passwd"

Second the correct files and folders are both abc/abc but "UNUSED" is 99/99 in FTP option (owner/group). Could u give me some advice to create UNUSED are abc/abc through admin/categories.php? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for the quick reply. As a beginner in OSC and first i checked the only one htaccess in catalog/admin below:

RewriteEngine on
# -FrontPage-
IndexIgnore .htaccess */.??* *~ *# */HEADER* */README* */_vti*
<Limit GET POST>
order deny,allow 
deny from all 
allow from 2xx.xx.xx.xx
</Limit>
<Limit PUT DELETE>
order deny,allow
deny from all
allow from 2xx.xx.xx.
</Limit>
Options -Indexes
AuthType Basic
AuthName "Only Authorized Users "
require valid-user
AuthUserFile "/home/abc/.htpasswds/public_html/ecom/admin/passwd"

Second the correct files and folders are both abc/abc but "UNUSED" is 99/99 in FTP option (owner/group). Could u give me some advice to create UNUSED are abc/abc through admin/categories.php? Any help would be appreciated.

your htaccess says only 2xx.xx.xx. is allowed to delete, looks like u need to update smile.gif

I can't make out what you mean by you last line! ohmy.gif

Sam

Contributions:

• 1 month later...

Hi there;

I have a really dumb question. I've just installed the contrib and am not exactly sure

how to edit this section

6. Open the remove_unused_images.php and go to Line 110 (SETTINGS) - and replace enter your site details.

$root_dir = the actual SERVER side address of your website eg: C:/serverinfo/yoursite/httpdocs/catalog

$base_dir = this is the actual URL of your website catalog eg: http://www.yoursite.com/catalog

I'm not sure on what I need to configure this section. I have all the photos for my site in catalog/images

Again, please forgive as brain if fried lol

Thanks so much

6. Open the remove_unused_images.php and go to Line 110 (SETTINGS) - and replace enter your site details.

$root_dir = the actual SERVER side address of your website eg: C:/serverinfo/yoursite/httpdocs/catalog

$base_dir = this is the actual URL of your website catalog eg: http://www.yoursite.com/catalog

Sorry, that instruction needs updating, its not needed anymore, in the current version it gets that info from your configure file, so unless u have a very non-standard site, you don't need to change anything.

just run the file as detailed and it should work fine. smile.gif

Sam

Contributions:

Hi again;

Sorry to bother again, but I am not finally able to get into my Admin to check on this

contrib thanks to being locked out by GoDaddy.

I clicked on Remove Images in my Tools section in Admin and it goes to

http://ladykbridalplus.com/catalog/admin/remove_unused_images.php

but the page is blank.

Did I mess something up? Help?

Thanks again

the page is blank

I clicked on Remove Images in my Tools section in Admin and it goes to

but the page is blank.

you have an error likely you missed smthg on the install.

if you get a blank page its likely you have an error, but have error display turned off, which is odd to do on the admin side.

check your error log to see what the error was.

you can turn error display back on look in admin/in includes/applicaion_top.php

find like:

// Turn off all error reporting

error_reporting(0);

replace with:

// Report all PHP errors

error_reporting(E_ALL);

Sam

Contributions:

Hi Sam;

I went into admin/includes/application_top and found this line

// Set the level of error reporting

error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE);

Should I still change it to the code you suggested?

Thanks hon

no, thats fine, but check there is nothing similar following that would superseed it.

check your error log in cpanel.

Sam

Contributions:

Hi Sam;

I tried to get into my Error Logs on GoDaddy, but it is requesting a password and username.

I've never logged into the thing, so I'll have to wait til I can get in there SIGH

I'll be back as soon as I can.

Thanks for putting up with me lol

Hi Sam;

Ok, finally got into my error log. I don't see anything that pertains to unused images, but

then again I'm sure what I'm looking for. Here is the list below :

[Fri Jan 29 10:13:20 2010] [error] [client 173.169.236.150] user ladykdelights: authentication failure for "/stats/error_logs/": password mismatch

[Fri Jan 29 10:32:03 2010] [error] [client 67.202.15.176] File does not exist: /var/chroot/home/content/l/a/d/ladykdelights/html/robots.txt

[Fri Jan 29 10:34:39 2010] [error] [client 173.169.236.150] user ladyk not found: /stats/error_logs/

[Fri Jan 29 10:35:25 2010] [error] [client 173.169.236.150] user ladyk not found: /stats/error_logs/

[Fri Jan 29 10:36:13 2010] [error] [client 173.169.236.150] user ladykbridalplus not found: /stats/error_logs/

[Fri Jan 29 10:36:22 2010] [error] [client 173.169.236.150] user ladyk not found: /stats/error_logs/

[Fri Jan 29 10:44:28 2010] [error] [client 65.55.51.111] File does not exist: /var/chroot/home/content/l/a/d/ladykdelights/html/robots.txt

[Fri Jan 29 10:44:29 2010] [error] [client 150.70.84.45] File does not exist: /var/chroot/home/content/l/a/d/ladykdelights/html//upfront.thefind.com/scripts/main/utils-init-ajaxlib/upfront-badgeinit.js

[Fri Jan 29 10:54:48 2010] [error] [client 217.64.83.81] File does not exist: /var/chroot/home/content/l/a/d/ladykdelights/html/catalog/includes/languages/german/images/buttons/button_wishlist.gif

[Fri Jan 29 10:55:29 2010] [error] [client 89.25.157.108] File does not exist: /var/chroot/home/content/l/a/d/ladykdelights/html/catalog/images/9608a.jpg

[Fri Jan 29 10:55:29 2010] [error] [client 89.25.157.108] File does not exist: /var/chroot/home/content/l/a/d/ladykdelights/html/catalog/images/9608aa.jpg

[Fri Jan 29 10:55:30 2010] [error] [client 89.25.157.108] File does not exist: /var/chroot/home/content/l/a/d/ladykdelights/html/catalog/images/9608a.jpg

[Fri Jan 29 10:57:55 2010] [error] [client 207.46.199.199] File does not exist: /var/chroot/home/content/l/a/d/ladykdelights/html/robots.txt

[Fri Jan 29 11:31:17 2010] [error] [client 66.249.68.186] File does not exist: /var/chroot/home/content/l/a/d/ladykdelights/html/robots.txt

[Fri Jan 29 11:52:07 2010] [error] [client 86.41.192.104] (2)No such file or directory: File does not exist: /var/chroot/home/content/l/a/d/ladykdelights/html/product_thumb.php

[Fri Jan 29 11:52:07 2010] [error] [client 86.41.192.104] (2)No such file or directory: File does not exist: /var/chroot/home/content/l/a/d/ladykdelights/html/product_thumb.php

[Fri Jan 29 11:55:00 2010] [error] [client 173.169.236.150] user 21672637 not found: /stats/error_logs/

[Fri Jan 29 11:55:09 2010] [error] [client 173.169.236.150] user ladykbridal not found: /stats/error_logs/

[Fri Jan 29 11:55:18 2010] [error] [client 173.169.236.150] user ladyk not found: /stats/error_logs/

[Fri Jan 29 11:55:29 2010] [error] [client 173.169.236.150] user ladykbridalplus not found: /stats/error_logs/

[Fri Jan 29 11:55:39 2010] [error] [client 173.169.236.150] user ladyk not found: /stats/error_logs/

[Fri Jan 29 11:55:48 2010] [error] [client 173.169.236.150] user ladyk not found: /stats/error_logs/

[Fri Jan 29 11:57:28 2010] [error] [client 173.169.236.150] user ladyk not found: /stats/logs/

[Fri Jan 29 12:04:48 2010] [error] [client 216.129.119.43] File does not exist: /var/chroot/home/content/l/a/d/ladykdelights/html/robots.txt

[Fri Jan 29 12:05:12 2010] [error] [client 216.129.119.10] File does not exist: /var/chroot/home/content/l/a/d/ladykdelights/html/robots.txt

[Fri Jan 29 12:16:24 2010] [error] [client 207.46.199.190] File does not exist: /var/chroot/home/content/l/a/d/ladykdelights/html/robots.txt

[Fri Jan 29 12:40:30 2010] [error] [client 65.55.216.33] File does not exist: /var/chroot/home/content/l/a/d/ladykdelights/html/robots.txt

[Fri Jan 29 14:07:04 2010] [error] [client 98.181.8.252] File does not exist: /var/chroot/home/content/l/a/d/ladykdelights/html/favicon.gif

[Fri Jan 29 14:29:09 2010] [error] [client 66.235.124.82] File does not exist: /var/chroot/home/content/l/a/d/ladykdelights/html/robots.txt

[Fri Jan 29 14:29:31 2010] [error] [client 207.46.199.183] File does not exist: /var/chroot/home/content/l/a/d/ladykdelights/html/robots.txt

[Fri Jan 29 14:30:49 2010] [error] [client 96.31.95.161] File does not exist: /var/chroot/home/content/l/a/d/ladykdelights/html/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=2054&fr=AG-pFB-kDHYxx2kIC-Uzwx47CxHOvTQU3_L5nr75wtKPJnslPF_pquWe5h95E5tEVp5XDelFXkymcobj15scom3iY29GhaIOlt5mWysxsVfOyXufhda6hWbiJ3XNlT4bl8_iJCN4N950NQhky4o5xWcAAAAAAAAAAA&gl=us&hl=en

[Fri Jan 29 14:31:24 2010] [error] [client 66.249.68.140] File does not exist: /var/chroot/home/content/l/a/d/ladykdelights/html/robots.txt

[Fri Jan 29 14:33:02 2010] [error] [client 76.116.225.92] File does not exist: /var/chroot/home/content/l/a/d/ladykdelights/html/favicon.gif

[Fri Jan 29 14:45:47 2010] [error] [client 76.116.225.92] File does not exist: /var/chroot/home/content/l/a/d/ladykdelights/html/favicon.gif

[Fri Jan 29 14:56:12 2010] [error] [client 207.46.199.199] File does not exist: /var/chroot/home/content/l/a/d/ladykdelights/html/robots.txt

[Fri Jan 29 15:23:49 2010] [error] [client 206.75.51.112] File does not exist: /var/chroot/home/content/l/a/d/ladykdelights/html/catalog/favicon.ico

[Fri Jan 29 15:24:57 2010] [error] [client 38.98.19.111] File does not exist: /var/chroot/home/content/l/a/d/ladykdelights/html/robots.txt

[Fri Jan 29 15:29:47 2010] [error] [client 76.116.225.92] File does not exist: /var/chroot/home/content/l/a/d/ladykdelights/html/favicon.gif

[Fri Jan 29 15:32:28 2010] [error] [client 81.190.105.9] File does not exist: /var/chroot/home/content/l/a/d/ladykdelights/html/catalog/images/9608aa.jpg

[Fri Jan 29 15:32:28 2010] [error] [client 81.190.105.9] File does not exist: /var/chroot/home/content/l/a/d/ladykdelights/html/catalog/images/9608a.jpg

[Fri Jan 29 15:44:50 2010] [error] [client 208.115.111.244] File does not exist: /var/chroot/home/content/l/a/d/ladykdelights/html/robots.txt

[Fri Jan 29 15:49:29 2010] [error] [client 84.170.81.162] File does not exist: /var/chroot/home/content/l/a/d/ladykdelights/html/catalog/includes/languages/german/images/buttons/button_wishlist.gif

[Fri Jan 29 16:03:16 2010] [error] [client 207.46.199.190] File does not exist: /var/chroot/home/content/l/a/d/ladykdelights/html/robots.txt

[Fri Jan 29 16:21:22 2010] [error] [client 88.131.106.30] File does not exist: /var/chroot/home/content/l/a/d/ladykdelights/html/robots.txt

[Fri Jan 29 16:40:43 2010] [error] [client 207.46.199.180] File does not exist: /var/chroot/home/content/l/a/d/ladykdelights/html/robots.txt

[Fri Jan 29 16:40:57 2010] [error] [client 79.103.115.206] File does not exist: /var/chroot/home/content/l/a/d/ladykdelights/html/catalog/images/pixel_trans.gi

[Fri Jan 29 16:53:32 2010] [error] [client 65.55.51.70] File does not exist: /var/chroot/home/content/l/a/d/ladykdelights/html/robots.txt

[Fri Jan 29 16:54:08 2010] [error] [client 208.115.111.244] File does not exist: /var/chroot/home/content/l/a/d/ladykdelights/html/robots.txt

[Fri Jan 29 17:47:22 2010] [error] [client 207.46.199.177] File does not exist: /var/chroot/home/content/l/a/d/ladykdelights/html/robots.txt

[Fri Jan 29 18:01:13 2010] [error] [client 119.63.198.59] File does not exist: /var/chroot/home/content/l/a/d/ladykdelights/html/robots.txt

[Fri Jan 29 18:29:24 2010] [error] [client 119.63.198.15] File does not exist: /var/chroot/home/content/l/a/d/ladykdelights/html/robots.txt

[Fri Jan 29 18:33:47 2010] [error] [client 174.127.132.151] File does not exist: /var/chroot/home/content/l/a/d/ladykdelights/html/catalog/1

[Fri Jan 29 19:10:30 2010] [error] [client 174.127.132.151] File does not exist: /var/chroot/home/content/l/a/d/ladykdelights/html/f62774//

[Fri Jan 29 19:24:26 2010] [error] [client 68.52.162.162] File does not exist: /var/chroot/home/content/l/a/d/ladykdelights/html/catalog/favicon.ico

[Fri Jan 29 19:40:29 2010] [error] [client 92.107.31.68] File does not exist: /var/chroot/home/content/l/a/d/ladykdelights/html/catalog/includes/languages/german/images/buttons/button_wishlist.gif

[Fri Jan 29 19:43:59 2010] [error] [client 92.107.31.68] File does not exist: /var/chroot/home/content/l/a/d/ladykdelights/html/catalog/includes/languages/german/images/buttons/button_wishlist.gif

[Fri Jan 29 19:44:36 2010] [error] [client 92.107.31.68] File does not exist: /var/chroot/home/content/l/a/d/ladykdelights/html/catalog/includes/languages/german/images/buttons/button_wishlist.gif

[Fri Jan 29 19:45:44 2010] [error] [client 92.107.31.68] File does not exist: /var/chroot/home/content/l/a/d/ladykdelights/html/catalog/includes/languages/german/images/buttons/button_wishlist.gif

[Fri Jan 29 19:46:56 2010] [error] [client 92.107.31.68] File does not exist: /var/chroot/home/content/l/a/d/ladykdelights/html/catalog/includes/languages/german/images/buttons/button_wishlist.gif

[Fri Jan 29 19:48:08 2010] [error] [client 92.107.31.68] File does not exist: /var/chroot/home/content/l/a/d/ladykdelights/html/catalog/includes/languages/german/images/buttons/button_wishlist.gif

[Fri Jan 29 19:48:15 2010] [error] [client 190.148.148.41] File does not exist: /var/chroot/home/content/l/a/d/ladykdelights/html/catalog/includes/languages/espanol/images/buttons/button_wishlist.gif

[Fri Jan 29 19:54:18 2010] [error] [client 207.46.199.180] File does not exist: /var/chroot/home/content/l/a/d/ladykdelights/html/robots.txt

[Fri Jan 29 20:25:20 2010] [error] [client 208.115.111.244] File does not exist: /var/chroot/home/content/l/a/d/ladykdelights/html/robots.txt

[Fri Jan 29 20:44:31 2010] [error] [client 173.169.236.150] user ladykdelights: authentication failure for "/stats/error_logs/": password mismatch

[Fri Jan 29 20:44:40 2010] [error] [client 173.169.236.150] user ladykdelights: authentication failure for "/stats/error_logs/": password mismatch

[Fri Jan 29 20:46:40 2010] [error] [client 173.169.236.150] user ladykdelights: authentication failure for "/stats/error_logs/": password mismatch

I don't see anything there! check you used the correct mode for ftp when you uploaded the file (wrong mode = corrupt files)

try running the file manually, ie in your address bar put mysite.com/admin/remove_unused_images.php

Sam

Contributions:

• 1 month later...

Hi Sam,

I just installed this contrib, but when I go to run it I get

500 Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator to inform of the time the error occurred and of anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Please help I have over 12,500 images :'(

Thanks Kat

500 Internal Server Error

500 (Internal Server) Error is usually caused by one of the following:

errors in htaccess files

files incorrectly uploaded (e.g., binary mode instead of ASCII)

blank lines before the opening <?php or after the last ?>

using directory and file permissions forbidden by your hosting service, such as 777 or 666

requesting SSL for a page (https://...) when you do not have SSL running

Most likely the second issue smile.gif

Sam

Contributions:

500 (Internal Server) Error is usually caused by one of the following:

errors in htaccess files

files incorrectly uploaded (e.g., binary mode instead of ASCII)

blank lines before the opening <?php or after the last ?>

using directory and file permissions forbidden by your hosting service, such as 777 or 666

requesting SSL for a page (https://...) when you do not have SSL running

Most likely the second issue smile.gif

Thanks Sam

I have reloaded the file using ftp (used file manager last time), but now when I try it just thinks for ages and gives me a blank page, or

== "1") { forminputs.checked = true; } else { forminputs.checked = false; }}}} if (window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener("load", prepare, false); } else if (window.attachEvent) { window.attachEvent("onload", prepare) } else if (document.getElementById) { window.onload = prepare; } //-->

Any suggestions??