• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Wholesale Cellular Accessories Site

hi,

I have been running a wholesale cellular accessories shop for a while now, working mostly on ensuring it is up and running well and functional with product. I am in the process of working through revising the look and feel of the store a bit and would appreciate comments and suggestions from the community.

a couple of items in particular would also help.

* add-ins to speed up the check-out procedure

* recommended SEO add-ins

* add-ins for administration functions that you find particularly useful

many thanks.

Wholesale Cellular Accessories | Bulk Wholesale | Wholesale Phone Accessories by WhiteRockTechnology.com

Wholesale Cellular Accessories | Bulk Wholesale | Wholesale Phone Accessories by wrtcellular.com

I think you should bin the site and start over, it’s a standard store with 3 columns the box headers changed and the colours changed but little else done, and I see you have added featured products.

You need to crawl through all the text to get to an image I would have left just by seeing that text alone.

Terrible images in the header that do not do anything other than make the site look worse.

For a site that has long pages as your does I find myself looking for the search box its self so I suggest you move this to the top, I know you have a link to the search but that’s no good, you have only seconds to grab your customers attention before they yawn and go.

Mobile phone products are supposed to be sexy but your site does not reflect this nor take advantage of the fact.

All of the text on top of your site you can move to an about us page, leave the index page a lot less cluttered.

Redesign, use quality graphics, uses flash effects, I normally think this is cheesy but on your type of store it works, if you have a layout to support it.

You NEED to have a quality look about your site to improve upon visits and convert visits to sales.

You have some good products, but they are hidden away below the text.

Get rid of the massive footer text and images you don’t need it, you heard of less is more!

Have concise descriptive text, your images can do a lot of talking, you do need to have some text as search engines like it.

If you are not able to do this hire someone, you will get a return on your investment in the log run.

A good bit of gloss and shine on your store should transform it,

Why can I not see any prices but I can click the buy now button?

The product info text is too large, and it’s a disgusting colour.

Sometimes you're the dog and sometimes the lamp post

[/url]

My Contributions

agree with everything FIMBLE said. The stock osc site is NOT going do it for cell phones..

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

it was noticed.. just not commented on. As long as its an osc shop with the powered by osc in the footer, there is no reason not to look at it.. who cares if they try to get some link juice from it.. no biggy here.. the issue is the site seriously needs some design work

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Hey, not meaning to offend anyone here... I know the links are a bit spammy, but was trying to be descriptive of the type of site you were being subjected too...I'll try better next time! Seriously outlining some design changes and I figure this is a good place to get some good feedback...it is an OSC forum. I assume everyone here is running OSC and has been through some of their own trials regarding design.

Anyway, FIMBLE & lindsayanng, I appreciate you taking the time to check things out. As far as "flashy" effects, would you recommend definitely doing a flash based script, or do you think simply doing a javascript rotator with images/headlnes/links/etc would suffice....of course assuming that the site goes through a global design change (header/footer/column layout/product text).

Also, regarding product text, the feedback I get is "it's easy to read"....any good way to make a point that smaller may be better?

thanks

no.. i think you misunderstood what we meant by FLASHY..

STEP AWAY FROM THE JQUERY CAROUSEL!! - its been used too many times is soo soo soo ugly

What you need to do is look at your competitors, and design like they design, OR take what they did and push the envelope to one better.. You need to know your audience.. which is likely the ages of 16-35 males (and techy females) who are very much into technology and gadgets.. these people are VERY much into design as well.. whille they might not be designers themselves, they value a good solide user interface and clean and flashy designs and buttons.

Take a look at Apple.. gadget people LOVE apple.. they love their website, they love their product boxes, they love their LOOK AND BRAND.. you, my friend, whether you like it or not, are competing with apple. You are also competing with ATT, Verizon, and all of the other major retailers..

So why would i buy from you and not them? and dont say price.. buying online is as much an emtional experience as it is a financial one. People need to feel good about their purchase and feel like they purchased from the right place. MANY people will spend more for the same item if they store gives them that feeling.

To know what your website SHOULD look like, go to all of the major gadget retailers and take a piece from them.. they know YOUR target audience better than you do because they have the money to put in to pay the people to fully research it

no.. i think you misunderstood what we meant by FLASHY..

STEP AWAY FROM THE JQUERY CAROUSEL!! - its been used too many times is soo soo soo ugly

What you need to do is look at your competitors, and design like they design, OR take what they did and push the envelope to one better.. You need to know your audience.. which is likely the ages of 16-35 males (and techy females) who are very much into technology and gadgets.. these people are VERY much into design as well.. whille they might not be designers themselves, they value a good solide user interface and clean and flashy designs and buttons.

Take a look at Apple.. gadget people LOVE apple.. they love their website, they love their product boxes, they love their LOOK AND BRAND.. you, my friend, whether you like it or not, are competing with apple. You are also competing with ATT, Verizon, and all of the other major retailers..

So why would i buy from you and not them? and dont say price.. buying online is as much an emtional experience as it is a financial one. People need to feel good about their purchase and feel like they purchased from the right place. MANY people will spend more for the same item if they store gives them that feeling.

To know what your website SHOULD look like, go to all of the major gadget retailers and take a piece from them.. they know YOUR target audience better than you do because they have the money to put in to pay the people to fully research it

I think I get the "flashy" bit now. :) It is a wholesale store, so while the design is important, we have worked to try and make things as easy and functional as possible first. We are selling to businesses as opposed to retail consumers... which may make a bit of difference? idk... I do appreciate greatly your feedback though and hopefully over the next 30 days or so get some well needed updates to the site completed and online.

Archived