• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

I need some help with my creditcard module.. can someone help me out!?

morrissons

Hi there,

I hope there is someone who could help me out! I'm a total noob when it comes to this so I hope my question doesn't make me look stupid! :blush:

I'm working with this osCommerce software and I need to change the "creditcard module"

I have my website and in the payment modules it gives me an option for people to pay with creditcard:

http://i29.tinypic.com/jfhg05.jpg

And it only gives this information;

- card owner

- card number

- card expiry date

On an other website I saw that people also can pay with creditcard but then there was a difference in the information you need to fill in, but that site also was made with osCommerce:

http://i30.tinypic.com/2wqaov6.jpg

If you take a look at the payment information;

- card owner first name

- card owner last name

- card type

- card number

- card valid from date

- card expiry date

- card security code

- card issue code

How do I get this one!?

http://i32.tinypic.com/2zdx2ys.jpg

I tried all of them but none of them is the one from above.

Is there anyone who could help me out!? Thanks in advance! ;)

Hello Joey,

If you look at the images you posted you can see the difference, they are using different payment methods. In the first the payment method is CREDIT CARD and the second it is Credit Card Processed by PAYPAL.

In actually you should not use the default Credit Card module that is included with osCommerce unless you have several thousands of dollars you don't want and don't mind paying fines if your credit card information is stolen.

The default credit card module stores CC information unsecurely and you run the risk of not only fines but also losing your ability to process credit cards with any processor if your information is stolen.

Do some research and locate a credit card processor that will handle capturing/processing CC's and also comply with PCI data security standards. osCommerce has many payment modules that can handle the additional CC information that you want. Most of the new/update payment modules can accept CC's and have the added security of CVV2 validation, you just need to find both a processor and payment module that work together. Most of the larger, more reputable CC processors already have a developed/tested payment module with osCommerce-just check the contrib area under Payment Modules.

Hope this helps a little,

Frank