• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

USPS email hook returning error in XML

ssbx

Hi All,

I have installed the new USPS Complete 4.3.0 ALPHA and have enabled the email Hook to debug USPS. I have a username and password and have had them move me to a production server. The email returned from USPS has an XML error of

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<Error><Number>-2147219085</Number><Source>Rate_Respond.;SOLServerRates.RateV3_Respond</Source><Description>Invalid XML Element cannot be empty according to the DTD/Schema.

line= 0 pos= 1196</Description><HelpFile></HelpFile><HelpContext>1000440</HelpContext></Error>

I have gone through the install twice and have made sure to add the sql changes correctly (?). Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks in advance,

Scott

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

can you resolve this problem?, I have the same problem and I can't resolve

I was trying to install 4.0.whatever and got badly stuck.

Only thing I could do was remove all traces of the mod. This entailed all files and file changes. I left changes to general.php, as they had no bearing on anything and i figured just leave it alone. IMPORTANT - I think a key to the fix was getting all the database entries out.

In the configuration table using myPHPadmin or however, delete anything that references USPS or any of the shipping types (priority, express, etc.)

If any of the rows contain a reference to multiinput, i suggest deletion. Note - all the rows s/b grouped somewhat closely towards the end of the table relative to what has been installed since.

Next thing once I was sure the mod was GONE, was to install

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5935

I went straight to production, already haven been approved by USPS and voila. You get Priority, Express and Parcel with domestic and international insurance. It does not have some of the advanced features you may have been looking for but it is what it is, and is fine for me.

Any further questions i will try to address, I know many are having this problem.