• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Tax Class of Flat Rate Shipping

smokinguns

Hey all,

I have a question regarding flat rate shipping module.In my admin section I have set the Tax Class of the Flat Rate Shipping module to "taxable goods" and in store config, "Display Price With Tax" is set to true. I have set flat rate shipping to

6$ and Tax Rate is 6.9%.

During testing I was imitating a customer from Minnesota, the same location as my store. At the Shipping Method page the code correctly adds tax to the flat rate cost ($6 + ((6*6.9)/100)) for a total of 6.41$. But when I click to go to the payment page, the Shipping cost is again displayed as 6$. Any idea why this might be happening. Have I overlooked something in the admin section?

Found the problem. 'ot_shipping' tries to use:

$GLOBALS[$module]->tax_class

which when debugged with var_dump shows NULL. The fix was this: I added

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'shipping.php'); 
$shipping_modules = new shipping($_SESSION['shipping']);

in checkout_payment.php page(it was missing )

and it started working

Hey all,

I have a question regarding flat rate shipping module.In my admin section I have set the Tax Class of the Flat Rate Shipping module to "taxable goods" and in store config, "Display Price With Tax" is set to true. I have set flat rate shipping to

6$ and Tax Rate is 6.9%.

During testing I was imitating a customer from Minnesota, the same location as my store. At the Shipping Method page the code correctly adds tax to the flat rate cost ($6 + ((6*6.9)/100)) for a total of 6.41$. But when I click to go to the payment page, the Shipping cost is again displayed as 6$. Any idea why this might be happening. Have I overlooked something in the admin section?

Archived