• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

The name osCommerce has been stolen!

i2Paq

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe you should update your fist post with the incorrect link also ;)

No, both links will work. In fact any link that lands on companies house website will do. The only thing you need to click on the Search Company Infomation link in the right box on the home page. It costs £1 to download a company's details such as names of directors and other members and you will need to register an account to do that since it only delivers the ordered files to an account area from which you can download files.

Ali

This is enough isn't it ?

288a 28/08/2009 DIRECTOR APPOINTED MR TONY BLACKER

288b 27/08/2009 DIRECTOR RESIGNED ROBERT EASLAND

288b 20/04/2009 DIRECTOR RESIGNED ROBERT FISHER

288b 20/04/2009 DIRECTOR RESIGNED EDITH KARNITSCH

It is all public info. Source http://www.Linkedin.com

Tony Blacker’s Experience

Team Member / Developer

The osCommerce Project

(Internet industry)

December 2008 — Present (10 months)

The osCommerce Project is a spin off from the original osCommerce, which appears in recent years to have imploded and stagnated. The osCommerce Project is built with a team of developers passionate about the idealogy and concept of osCommerce, but disillusioned with the inactivity, in fighting and lack of vision at the original project. The new project aims to take osCommerce into the php5 era with a brand new platform, making massive leaps and bounds over MS2, whilst retaining the core concepts of free distribution, open source eCommerce software for the masses.

I am proud to be a Team member of osCommerce, and currently am acting in a development role. None of the team members (myself included) receive any payment for our work on the project, we purely do it for the love of open source and for the betterment of ourselves and countless others we will probably never meet.

Tony Blacker’s Specialties:

e-commerce law, payment processors, Google datafeeds, template integration to php applications, combined web technologies, WAP sites, SKY websites, PC driven web applications

This is enough isn't it ?

Hmmm, I suspect there could have been an internal struggle or a fail coup. And being a director you hold some resposibily if anything goes wrong with the company so some have chickened out. :lol:

Ali

"Ltd" also distinguishes these companies as having limited liabilities - so that they can only be sued, bankrupted etc as far as the assets of the company and not the total personal assets of the person or people that own the company (as opposed to a "sole trader" where if they are sued they can lose everything).

Would it not be a good idea to show just how active OsCommerce is?

Let them see how active this community is and has been

• Make a list of every daily contribution submitted – by date

• Make a list of all bug fixes / updates

• Oscommerce has been mentioned in numerous magazines – alive and growing

No business has ever “ran itself” and osCommerce is no different. It takes moderators, servers etc. How can any sane person call this community and software dead? Am I really not here as a part of this community writing this? osCommece is very much alive and supported.

The thing that most amazes me… some people think that osCommerce is not developing fast enough for their taste... or perhaps they like templates or gallery scripts added.

Maybe or maybe not… completely irrelevant!

The point being, not every individual has a say in someone else’s chosen direction of business. If it’s not their cup of tea… then take a hike and find something that has a gallery or templates etc.

There are other carts out there… some may even be as bloated as you like. Or perhaps they could develop their own. Business folks need to stick together and not let the thieves steal this mans business. It is not right. They have openly shared the software with the community. Only the lowest of the lows would try to steal that.

Anyone with any morals at all will distance themselves from that “project”.

Friday, 4th September

Our legal counsel has received a formal letter from ip21 requesting a 2 week extension to the deadline that was met today.

Our reply will be briefly stated here soon

Hell, no! :angry:

They should have done their homework before they claimed the trademark and it is clear that they handled in error so lets fix it today :lol:

Norman in 't Veldt

osCommerce The Netherlands

What did Vger say

'Everybody had a couple of months to oppose the registration between the time of the request and the final approval'....

What dis she did in that time, ironing out here wrinkels and putting on makeup or what ?

She could have foreseen this or perhaps her sunglasses blocked her clear view.

Hi All..

Our legal counsel has extended the deadline for 7 days until the 11th September. Please note that we are proceeding with our demands, case, and strategy as normal, and will further inform the community next week of our current actions.

Kind regards,

:heart:, osCommerce

Hi All..

Our legal counsel has extended the deadline for 7 days until the 11th September. Please note that we are proceeding with our demands, case, and strategy as normal, and will further inform the community next week of our current actions.

Kind regards,

11-09 :huh:

Hmm, I can come up with a sick joke but that would not be appropiated :(

need to

get

a

grip

not

to

:lol:

Norman in 't Veldt

On another matter, and relating to the post above, we now have proof of further instances of the anonymous "oscommerce user" who has been approaching clients of Monika Mathé. We have established that his Internet Service Provider is Australian, and based in a time zone which is 9 hours ahead of UK time and 10 hours ahead of Central European Time.

We have provided details of his activities and forwarded the full headers to his ISP and requested disclosure of his real name and address.

Yeah, right, if the RIAA has to go to court to get any kind of information you think that this provider will roll-over and give it to Vger..... Dream on! :lol:

She's looking at a second day in court if she does anything with that info, and so is that provider.

She even has to go to court to "stop" that Ausie in any way.

Personaly I think that anyone doing what this "Ausie" does will use a anonymous proxy, I know I would use one in Australia :rolleyes:

I agree with her that the action taken by that "Ausie" is beyond normal behaviour.

Norman in 't Veldt

Tony Blacker (Director of eCommerce Ventures Ltd., "The osCommerce Project" team member) has made a public comment regarding the community's response towards his company and project:

http://forums.oscommerceproject.org/index....id=3&eid=20

I honestly thought he was referring to the actions of his own company and team at the start of his article but he ended up referring to the "mud slinging" that was being thrown at their direction by the community.

Huh? :huh:

All that their own community and our community have asked time and time again is to stop infringing the copyright and trademark of osCommerce, to use their own unique brandname, and to move on successfully with their solution that is to be based on the Kohana framework.

He writes:

However, the precise reason I decided to get involved with this project to begin with was that the ethos of open source, of freely available software, of full community involvement and of decisions made by communities rather than individuals was already here long before I arrived.

He has just defined the community they want to build. Those sharing their concerns are not part of it. Their continuous illegal activities is the foundation for their future.

We are nearing our 10 year anniversary and have built a growing community and ecosystem based on hard work that is powered by trust. This success is not automatically granted from day 1 with a blatant trademark registration that lasts 10 years. It needs to be earned honestly and it needs time.

:heart:, osCommerce

Well, that wasn't one of his best moves.

Matti comment on it in full on

http://newoscommerceproject.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=151

Yep, and a nice one to :)

That Tony Blacker has compleetly lost it, he's blaming everybody but himself for what is happening.

How blind can someone be to see that he is wrong and not the rest of the world?

I like this:

Please feel free to post your replies to this post if you wish to do so. To those genuine people wishing to reply, I am sorry, but because of a certain minority I feel compelled to write the following set of rules which I hope they will read prior to wasting their time typing:

* Foul language of any nature will result in your ENTIRE reply being removed

* Direct personal attacks on ANYONE will result in the entire reply being deleted.

* Purely replying to attack this project is not acceptable. There are plenty of places where you can (and have) air your gripes. Here isnt one of them.

It is like matti says: if you commend you get banned because no one in his right mind could commend in a positive way to his blog :(

Norman in 't Veldt

I never heard of this Jack of all trades Tony Blacker until now. Out of curiosity (no desire of physically killing that cat though), does anyone know this "Jack" ever has a user name on the osc forum (the real osc forum, not the fake one - he surely got one there).

Ali

Seeing that, against what he says in his blog, speakes volumes!!

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

to save the hassle of copy and paste, and directly answer an un-corroborated allegation, directly pasted from my blog:

In answer to an innocuous question, I have had 2 user ids on oscommerce; niknakgroup and tonystewart. Niknakgroup was the name of my first business, which I sold when I became a developer. As the business had been sold I registered a seperate user account (with a differnet email address for obvious reasons). tonystewart - my full name is Tony Paul Stewart Blacker, so this is not me "hiding", its just a username. As far as spamming osc goes, please show me the post where I "spammed". I think you will be very hard put to find it, as my input on osc was only ever either asking questions or answering them with as much information as I could. If I posted any links, these were both relevant and hopefully helpful.

I have never received an infraction, warning or ban for my activity on osCommerce.com. I think spamming would have been frowned upon severely, so I think this particular accusation is an attempt to discredit me without any evidence whatsoever. In fact, I remember exactly what I WAS doing on 26th July when I last logged in, and that was checking my private messages after brief communication with Jan Zongee CONGRATULATING him on his activity AGAINST spammers. As no posts have been made by me on 26th une that exist anymore on the osC forums, I am very confused how a member (not moderator) with a postcount of 9 can level that kind of accusation with any kind of credibility. Or is it just a case of shout loud enough and everyone will believe you?

**NB just spotted a typo in the above, it should tread 26th JUNE not July.

And to back my claim up with evidence, Jans message is pasted below, this was an exchange of about 6 messages, and this was jans last response to me:

Re:OemSOFT: another spammer

Re:OemSOFT: another spammer, Jun 24 2009, 10:21 PM

QUOTE Man how on earth do you keep on top of all this crap?

A. I get lots of help from people who use the report button on a post.

B. Often the spammers will post in a forum that hardly gets refreshed like Tips & Tricks and the ones in General Topics which seems to be favorites of them. So scanning the index page and keeping an eye on those areas helps too.

I can often beat the "reporters" spotting spammers this way when I'm online.

Best regards, Jan

As far as spamming osc goes, please show me the post where I "spammed".

You just spammed this topic, which is about "The name osCommerce has been stolen!, Do we let this happen? NO!" but in your ever first or possibly the last, editorial style, lengthy post, not a single word is relevant to this topic.

If you do feel like you have been wrongly accused, then start (I know you may not be used to start any thing new just like the name of osCommerce - it would be much easier and convinient to "borrow" - avoid saying the word steal) a new topic. Suggest title for the new topic would be "I am not a spammer!", if you like.

Ali

ps, I know I only have 20ish posts saving anyone's trouble to telling or remaining me, thank you.

Archived