• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

UPSXML: Ground disallowed (by state) during warm weather

macmuze

This is applicable to anyone that has to consider spoilage and minimizing shipping costs.

We need to allow ground services for certain states and not allow it for the more

distant states???

Example (From Mass): Customer in CT doesn't need to ship 3rd day air so the

ground option will appear for their order, while customer in California/Nevada etc. cannot be allowed to select ground because of spoilage (they will because it's cheaper) but we have to eliminate that option because 3 days in the heat is too much.

The way it is set up now, we have to so not allow ground option for more local ordering to ensure that pkgs arrive in CA, etc. not spoiled.

In the module there should be a conditional statements by date and by shipping method having shipping options diallowed, determined by states

In our specific case we need FL and all states west of the Missipppi to not allow anything slower than 3 day air.

I had an edited module that did this and it also did it conditional to the time of year (it would allow ground everywhere in the winter months).

The host upgraded their services and the author of the modification has dissappeared so it is no longer compatible so I have re-installed a more recent but unmodified module.

Can you suggest a solution to this?

PS: I can send you the modified files if you would like them for reference.

Below is a another description

I'm looking for a modification to the UPSXML shipping module that will (for certain destination states) NOT present the Ground option during the warm months of the year and default to 3 day air instead (in those states): (It needs to be compatible with authorize.net)

But the most robust implementation would include radio button options for shipping methods to be disallowed, begin date, end date, and the states affected.

BEGIN (PSEUDOCODE 1) stated simply for understanding basic logic

Check the present (order) date

then

IF it is NOT between lets say March 1st to November 31st

THEN Proceed normally

ELSE

check the state and

IF it is within a list of states (AZ, AR, CO, CA, FL, ID, KS, LA, MO, MS, MT, NM, NE, ND, NV, OK, OR, SD, TX, UT, WA, WY); basically, Florida and all states west of the Mississippi river.

THEN Not show quotes for ground rate: only display quotes for 3 day air or faster service and default to 3-day air.

END (PSEUDOCODE 1)

PREFERRED ALTERNATE using radio buttons in module to determine states and cut off dates------------------

BEGIN (PSEUDOCODE 2) Check the present (order) date then

IF it is between Begin date and end date of warm weather ( selectable by radio buttons )

THEN check the state and

IF it is within a list of states selectable by buttons( in our case: AZ, AR, CO, CA, FL, ID, KS, LA, MO, MS, MT, NM, NE, ND, NV, OK, OR, SD, TX, UT, WA, WY); basically, Florida and all states west of the Mississippi river.

THEN Not show quotes for ground rates: only display quotes for 3 day air or faster service and default to 3-day air. ELSE Precede normally showing the Ground rate and all others.

END (PSEUDOCODE 2)

• 6 months later...

Has anyone come across any solutions like this? I need to limit shipping options to a couple of states and also not show domestic shipping options when the user is from out of the US.

Has anyone come across any solutions like this? I need to limit shipping options to a couple of states and also not show domestic shipping options when the user is from out of the US.

No, but upsxml.php has a function called exclude_choices($type) at the bottom of the file that could be enhanced to include those things.