Sign in to follow this  
dlyxzen

Calculating Tax on Shipping Twice

hey guys,

i need some help desperately, i have set my shipping to calculate tax, so in my table if a value is $10,it adds 10% tax, another $1. This displays fine on checkout_shipping and checkout_payment

but when i hit the confirmation page its calculating another 10% ontop of the original value, so my original $10 shipping , is now $12.10 ($10 + $1 + another 10%)

i have browsed the forums but cannot find anything similar, can anybody help me ?!?!

thanks

dlyxzen

hey guys,

i need some help desperately, i have set my shipping to calculate tax, so in my table if a value is $10,it adds 10% tax, another $1. This displays fine on checkout_shipping and checkout_payment

but when i hit the confirmation page its calculating another 10% ontop of the original value, so my original $10 shipping , is now $12.10 ($10 + $1 + another 10%)

i have browsed the forums but cannot find anything similar, can anybody help me ?!?!

thanks

dlyxzen

does anybody have any idea about this problem at all, im desperate =\

Sounds like 2 different modules are calculating the tax? I would guess that if you find the code in the shipping module that calculates tax and delete just that line your problem will be solved.

I'm new to this so maybe someone else with more experience can weigh in here.

Rick

Hi just wondered if you had any luck with this as i've just found the same problem on my store but can't seem to adjust it anywhere!

I just re-uploaded an old checkout_confirmation.php file and it seemed to solve the problem. Doing a file comparision check it looks like it might be

if (isset($$payment->form_action_url)) { 

being in a different place within the code after installing a "customer must tick agree to terms and conditions" addon...