• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Its almost go time - site feedback

Looking for some constructive feedback on my site. www . Brock 21 DOT com

Some areas that I could use some info on:

SEO and other web advertising tools

Any security issues that I may have missed.

Things I haven't thought of and general best practices.

Also a minor code issue- when u incorrectly type in your password. the error message text is unreadable- after many stylesheet attempts I have been unable to track down the source....anybody got the answer?

PS- additional products and descriptions are soon to be added so disregard that issue.

Thanks

stylesheet.css

.messageStackError, .messageStackWarning { font-family: Palatino linotype, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; [b]background-color: #[color="#FF0000"]363636[/color][/b]; }

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

stylesheet.css

.messageStackError, .messageStackWarning { font-family: Palatino linotype, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; [b]background-color: #[color="#FF0000"]363636[/color][/b]; }

Thanks- easy does it

Hi,

your entry page www.yoursite.com is too wide both in FF and IE, you have to scroll to the right to see it and when you hit "entry" it shifts back to the center, basically it gives a strange visual effect.

I would add some meta tags on your pages, and get rid of "this product was added on....".

Another good think to have is a dynamic sitemap.

Add a phone number on your contact page.

I like the design, however I find it sort of too black and white for a wedding bands store, just my personal opinion though.

The photo on the index sort of appears harsh against the white background, again, just personal opinion.

I love the rings pics with the shadow underneath.

And (nothing to do with feedback), but I LOVE your tungsten bands!

~ Don't mistake my kindness for weakness ~

• 2 weeks later...

Not a bad looking site but a bit black and white. It needs metatags. A good sitemap would help not only the custiomers but also the search engines. It needs some descriptive text in the ptoduct descriptions i think. All of your click to enlarge images are no bigger than the second product image. Do you really need date of birth and company in your create account page.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Archived