• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help with finding the right UPS module

WIBFAB

I am new to all of this so I am not sure which module works best, so if anyone has any suggestions that would be great.

My first question: are all the modules fee based? I downloaded waytoship ups module, but it wasn't until the end that I found out that they charge a $10/month service fee. I am opening 4 stores and that just is not feesible. I didn't see anything that would say that they are, but then I could have missed it. I already have our own system for printing labels and we have a UPS account.

Second question: I am used to Miva Merchant and the way UPS is configured in that. It would allow you to seperate boxes out. So if you had a kit that weighed 250lbs you could tell it was in 4 different boxes at different weights, allowing you to figure shipping cost. Otherwise it says it can't go UPS because of the weight. Any suggestions on what UPS module works best would be greatly appreciated. I need something easy to do - I'm lost at some of this stuff - different world that what I am used to.

Thanks

I am new to all of this so I am not sure which module works best, so if anyone has any suggestions that would be great.

My first question: are all the modules fee based? I downloaded waytoship ups module, but it wasn't until the end that I found out that they charge a $10/month service fee. I am opening 4 stores and that just is not feesible. I didn't see anything that would say that they are, but then I could have missed it. I already have our own system for printing labels and we have a UPS account.

I'm not familiar with that contribution but the UPSXML and the UPS Choice contributions only need you to have a UPS account (and the UPS Choice not even that I think, can only be used for US based shops though).

Second question: I am used to Miva Merchant and the way UPS is configured in that. It would allow you to seperate boxes out. So if you had a kit that weighed 250lbs you could tell it was in 4 different boxes at different weights, allowing you to figure shipping cost. Otherwise it says it can't go UPS because of the weight.

You can do that with the UPSXML contribution, check the dimensional support part of it (split packages).

I'm not familiar with that contribution but the UPSXML and the UPS Choice contributions only need you to have a UPS account (and the UPS Choice not even that I think, can only be used for US based shops though).

You can do that with the UPSXML contribution, check the dimensional support part of it (split packages).

Thank you so much! I will look into this. One more question - and it may be a dumb question, but I am really in unfamiliar territory here - do I start w/the first download in 2003 and work my way up? I'm guessing I would need to since the others are updates......