• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Redirect loop after domain transfer, please help

NodsDorf

If anybody can help me I would greatly appreciate it. I am stuck pretty bad here.

We are in the process of transferring host, as such we also need to get oscommerce back up.

I used fireFTP from Mozilla, downloaded everything, then re-uploaded it. Did a SQL zip, then unpack.

The initial process seemed fine.. Pages show up, and all appears to be good. I modified the configure.php files to match the new location. The index page for the catalog seems to work fine except for when you click a category or product you get stuck in a permanent re-direct loop. Firefox says no thanks, and IE does it standard no good link description.

The website is: http://ecbiz66.inmotionhosting.com/~columb22/shop/catalog/

this is just a temp URL till we go live with our changes.

If anybody has any ideas I would love to hear them. I have checked everything I could think of.

Quick background,

The original installation is at: shop.columbiaerd.com/catalog you should see it works there no problem.

Installed modules, STS, Ultimate SEO, Header Tags, Min Quantity, and price breaks.

If I turn on Ultimate SEO instead of getting re-direct loops we get file not found.

Thanks for any help.

The path in the .htaccess file for Ultimate SEO is probably not setup correctly.

Jack

I'll check this out tomorrow when I get back to work. It sounds logical to me, as if I remember correctly the Ultimate SEO came with an auto installer. The good thing is it was easy to install, bad thing is you don't know for sure what it changed, so I'll read the manual install notes to figure it out.

Many thanks.

I'm not familiar with an auto-installer for it. Of course, there are many versions so one may have that. The version I uploaded does not. Although, you may be speaking of the code installing the database changes. If so, yes, it does that. But it doesn't change any of the files. Those you have to do yourself.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

The autoinstaller is also doing changes to the files, but I don't know what he does with the .htaccess file.

In any case, I beleive that the settings in your .htaccess are pointing to the old domain.

The autoinstaller is also doing changes to the files, but I don't know what he does with the .htaccess file.

In any case, I beleive that the settings in your .htaccess are pointing to the old domain.

Just took a look at it, and it appears that the .htaccess files do not translate through FTP or atleast the FTP program I used. I manually downloaded all them, then re-uploaded them. But still have the same issue. There were several htaccess files so I'm hoping I got them all.

Catalog 1

-admin 1

--backups 1

--includes 1

-download 1

-includes 1

-pub 1

The only htaccess with any substantial data was the /catalog

Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On 
RewriteBase /catalog/

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-([0-9]+).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-([0-9]+).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-([0-9]+).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-([0-9]+).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-([0-9]+).html$ information.php?info_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-links-(.*).html$ links.php?lPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

I don't really understand how these files are server specific. Whats the difference from the old server to this one? None of these files reference anything specific to the server right? So in theory these should be working, now that they are uploaded.

I could use some guidance as where to put and what directory's should have the .htaccess files.

The shop is at: http://ecbiz66.inmotionhosting.com/~columb...talog/index.php

Our previous installation was located at just a /catalog/ directory. I thought I may need to drop a .htacess into the shop folder so I copied the one from the USEO package labeled the path as /shop/ and uploaded it. Still having the same issue. Its only specific to the selecting categories you can click on any of the other item (shipping & returns, contact us etc.) and not have an issue but as soon as you click a category you get looped.

Do I need a .htaccess file in the root ?

Lost, I am.

You shop is located in the shop/catalog directory. You have the .htaccess file set to the catalog directory. See the difference?

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived