• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

language pack doesnt work in all browsers

crowd

hello.

i`ve installed osc 2.2rc2a plus russian pack.

it works good with ie (all in russian), but it is still english with firefox, opera, google chrome...

what¨s wrong?

it's difficult to say exactly without seeing the site but one of the reasons could be that other browsers are not russian.

You mean the pack doesn't work: it doesn't switch to russian language at all or doesn't show by default it?

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for belated reply.

one of the reasons could be that other browsers are not russian

Yes, lots of users in Russia use non-russian browsers. I use only one browser in Rusian - IE. And osc is russian there. But what to do in such a situation?

What encoding does the language pack you got has?

ANSI. I changed it to UTF-8, but no changes.

the problem´s solved, thanks.

in spite of the fact that i set Russian as a default language, the site would still use English as default. So i just deleted English so that only Russian remained. That solved the problem.

So actually the question is - why Russian wasnt set as default language though i marked it in admin panel?