• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Problems with some international buyers

nealc

I am not sure if anyone has come across this problem, but I just recently had an international customer sign up from Iceland and wanted to purchase from me but when they go to through the checkout process they cannot proceed as no shipping option is available. Now, I do have a shipping option, I use UPS. I was able to recreate their issue by creating a fake account and entered my place of origin as Iceland.

I have added the Icelandic currency of Krona and updated it via Xe. Tried going through the purchase again with no success. Any ideas?

I am currently just learning osCommerce and PHP, but am always willing to help out.

Have successfully installed the following: Discount Coupons, UPS shipping module, Ultimate SEO URL's, Easy Meta Tags for SEO 1.0, Google XML Sitemap SEO v1.3, HTML Editor for Email and Newsletters.

Hi Neal,

Look at your shipping module to see if you have allowed a shipping Zone for Iceland. I you have not created an international Zone, then UPS will not calculate shipping costs.

Chris

Hi Neal,

Look at your shipping module to see if you have allowed a shipping Zone for Iceland. I you have not created an international Zone, then UPS will not calculate shipping costs.

Chris

Chris,

I don't have an shipping zones declared under my UPS shipping module. This is what is says for shipping zone for the UPS module: Shipping Zone

If a zone is selected, only enable this shipping method for that zone. That is the reason I did not select a shipping zone, also I do not see anywhere to declare a new shipping zone. Do you know where I would set this?

Thanks,

Neal

I am currently just learning osCommerce and PHP, but am always willing to help out.

Have successfully installed the following: Discount Coupons, UPS shipping module, Ultimate SEO URL's, Easy Meta Tags for SEO 1.0, Google XML Sitemap SEO v1.3, HTML Editor for Email and Newsletters.

Archived