• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

estimate shipping based on zip (before account creation) ?

shellyky

HI, i was wondering if it's possible to have an add on that when you 'view cart' you're presented with a "ZIP CODE" box and can use that to estimate shipping cost based on your zip vs. what is in your cart....without having to create account then finally get to see the numbers. I'm using only UPS ship services.

My customer sells things that are 1 pound, all the way to 100 pounds so knowing the shipping estimate pretty quickly, is vital to someone buying. I don't really know what to look for--i havent found any search results pretaining to this

HI, i was wondering if it's possible to have an add on that when you 'view cart' you're presented with a "ZIP CODE" box and can use that to estimate shipping cost based on your zip vs. what is in your cart....without having to create account then finally get to see the numbers. I'm using only UPS ship services.

My customer sells things that are 1 pound, all the way to 100 pounds so knowing the shipping estimate pretty quickly, is vital to someone buying. I don't really know what to look for--i havent found any search results pretaining to this

replying to own post...

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3072

Estimated Shipping Module

how does it acquire the rates?

• 2 months later...