• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

"Call for Shiiping" option for specific states

godleuf

Not really, as the order_process expects a money value (whether that is $0 or $x) for the order to be actually placed. If you made the shipping module say "call for pricing" then 1 of the following is probably true;

1. The order will be placed with an incorrect shipping charge, so the store owner would recieve an incorrect payment - then she would have to get back to the client for the shipping charge separately

or

2. The order will not progress past the checkout_shipping page, resulting in (potentially) a lost order.

So, how about your client charging for Alaska and Hawaii (based on whatever pricing she wants, flat rate, zones etc) and allowing the order to actually happen and be correct...that would seem simplest to me.

How does the client want to charge for AL and HI?

I am not sure yet what the shipping would be for those states yet, but I do know that it will probably change based on the product.