• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal Standard

jakkeyypoo

Hello,

Please Help!

I am using PayPal Website Payment Standard.

When customers go through the checkout process on my site the last link before transferring to Pay Pal says confirm order. When they click on that I receive there order in the back end, but not money is transferred into my Pay Pal account! When I look at the status on my back end it says Preparing [PayPal Standard].

Another time I received money from a customer but no such order was found in the back end?

There are also instances where I receive the money in my Pay Pal account and I can see it clearly in my Back end. The status then says Pending.

If theres anyone that can help me I would really appreciate it!

• 1 month later...

The order is placed with status as preparing when a customer moves to paypal.

If they pay at paypal then an IPN is recd that will update the payment order status.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

• 2 weeks later...
The order is placed with status as preparing when a customer moves to paypal.

If they pay at paypal then an IPN is recd that will update the payment order status.

Satish

Satish,

Having the same problem here. This is the third PayPal contrib i have tried. No money is coming into PayPal and no notice sent to the store. Only showing up under 'orders'.

Satish,

Having the same problem here. This is the third PayPal contrib i have tried. No money is coming into PayPal and no notice sent to the store. Only showing up under 'orders'.

As some incomplete info provided.

I suggest following steps to be checked.

1) On confirmation are You able to reach paypal site and its Your account where payment is expected to go.

So wehn You reach paypal it should say you will be paying to.....

Case: If first step is wrong then You need to modify admin configuration and make sure that seller id has Your paypal ID.

If You are not reaching paypal then check whether sandbox is true or false and the Paypal url placed in the module class is right.

Note : When customer moves from site to paypal.Order is dumped with status pending(generally set in config).

2)If You reach paypal and pay(You cant pay Your self with Your own paypal account so trying paying with some other account).Then only amount will be deposited in Your paypal account.

3)If Payment is made and You have set Paypal IPN on in Your paypal profile then an IPN should be posted to Your Paypal IPN code part.This will result in some script getting executed and Your siye order status getting updated.

Hope this helps.

Satish

As some incomplete info provided.

I suggest following steps to be checked.

1) On confirmation are You able to reach paypal site and its Your account where payment is expected to go.

So wehn You reach paypal it should say you will be paying to.....

Case: If first step is wrong then You need to modify admin configuration and make sure that seller id has Your paypal ID.

If You are not reaching paypal then check whether sandbox is true or false and the Paypal url placed in the module class is right.

Note : When customer moves from site to paypal.Order is dumped with status pending(generally set in config).

2)If You reach paypal and pay(You cant pay Your self with Your own paypal account so trying paying with some other account).Then only amount will be deposited in Your paypal account.

3)If Payment is made and You have set Paypal IPN on in Your paypal profile then an IPN should be posted to Your Paypal IPN code part.This will result in some script getting executed and Your siye order status getting updated.

Hope this helps.

Satish

I've even gone through the site and made a purchase and everything worked. Seems to fail only with customers outside the US. I have it set up so outside the US customers can only use PayPal. These are my config settings...

Visit PayPal Website (info)

Using the above link to signup at PayPal grants osCommerce a small financial bonus for referring a customer.

Enable PayPal Website Payments Standard

True

E-Mail Address

[email protected]

Payment Zone

ROW

Set Preparing Order Status

Preparing [PayPal Standard]

Set PayPal Acknowledged Order Status

Processing

Gateway Server

Live

Transaction Method

Sale

Page Style

PayPal

Debug E-Mail Address

[email protected]

Sort order of display.

Enable Encrypted Web Payments

False

Your Private Key

Your Public Certificate

PayPals Public Certificate

Your PayPal Public Certificate ID

Working Directory

OpenSSL Location

/usr/bin/openssl

I've even gone through the site and made a purchase and everything worked. Seems to fail only with customers outside the US. I have it set up so outside the US customers can only use PayPal. These are my config settings...

Visit PayPal Website (info)

Using the above link to signup at PayPal grants osCommerce a small financial bonus for referring a customer.

Enable PayPal Website Payments Standard

True

E-Mail Address

[email protected]

Payment Zone

ROW

Set Preparing Order Status

Preparing [PayPal Standard]

Set PayPal Acknowledged Order Status

Processing

Gateway Server

Live

Transaction Method

Sale

Page Style

PayPal

Debug E-Mail Address

[email protected]

Sort order of display.

Enable Encrypted Web Payments

False

Your Private Key

Your Public Certificate

PayPals Public Certificate

Your PayPal Public Certificate ID

Working Directory

OpenSSL Location

/usr/bin/openssl

check the following:

1)What currencies are acceptable on Your paypal profile.

2)On Your Paypal profile are the countries that You allow or test a set to make purchases.

in short its more of an issue with Your Paypal profile setting.

I suggest You to contact Paypal on this and they will let You know whats wrong.

Once You get input from Paypal and still not resolved post what they are saying.

Satish