• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Forum for OSC

lxfx

and here?s the direct link:

http://www.magicmushrooms.org/products/forum.php

there?s only one little bug, the forum is also driven with Session Id?s --> when you change from the start page to the viewtopicpage, please make sure you have column_right in place of column left (it?s in the download) otherwise the shop get?s all freaked out...

but it?s not a biggie, is it?

lx

Some improvement suggestions:

No <font> tags. No good for no one. Use <span classes> and maybe include another stylesheet or additions to the current. If this is way you use formatting, you will have alot of extra work if you ever want to change the general look of your site.

Language files. none. Hard coded.

Could the administraton be handled from administration ?

Warning: Failed opening 'includesconfigure.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /home/voimaharjo/public_html/catalog/forum_config.php on line 4

Warning: Failed opening 'loginbox.inc' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /home/voimaharjo/public_html/catalog/forum_newtopic.php on line 202

files that can be replaced (I saw no real fuctionality for these)

forum_header.php

forum_footer.php

forum_config.php

Then for the good part:

Was really easy to install.

Has administartion

Has potential, if fixed. Out of all the forums there are as contributions I will be trying this one out.

"Use no way as way, have no limitation as limitation." - Bruce Lee

nice forum lxfx.

Although I changed the name to "guestbook" cos it seems to fuction more as that.

Question... I'm interested in looking at the "administration" part... but what userid/password does it ask for? I've tried the one I use for my shop but no joy... is there a default or so?

you didn't mention anything about this in your install file...

any suggestions?

ps: your contrib has lot of potential, keep working on it!

I'm trying it out and it looks nice. Don't understand why my right column has to be moved to the left though :shock:

anyways! keep it up!

_____.:::.________###__________|/______

:(o o): . (o o) (o o)

ooO--(_)--Ooo-ooO--(_)--Ooo-ooO--(_)--Ooo-

Notice: Undefined variable: vadmin in D:Overdogcatalogforum_auth.php on line 17

Notice: Undefined variable: vpassword in D:Overdogcatalogforum_auth.php on line 17

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at D:Overdogcatalogforum_auth.php:17) in D:Overdogcatalogforum_auth.php on line 18

Thanks

• 2 months later...

I've been trying to install this forum for hours. It seemed like it installed correctly -that is, the forum shows up, but the posts do not. When I make a test post it redirects me to a blank page. The #posts counter changes, but the posts don't show up anywhere. When I attempt to open the posts, I get this error:

1146 - Table 'reality_osc1.TABLE_USER' doesn't exist

SELECT title FROM TABLE_USER WHERE username=''

[TEP STOP]

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? This is the first php project I've ever tackled, and I'm more than a little lost!

• 1 year later...
Notice: Undefined variable: vadmin in D:Overdogcatalogforum_auth.php on line 17

Notice: Undefined variable: vpassword in D:Overdogcatalogforum_auth.php on line 17

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at D:Overdogcatalogforum_auth.php:17) in D:Overdogcatalogforum_auth.php on line 18

Thanks

How do you solve this problem

regards

Jorn

Jorn

Also when I hit the reply button it send me back to default.php page or my home page ?

I do a mouse over on the reply tab and see #forum as the redirect url or atleast thats what I think it is ?

How do yoy solve this matter

Regards

Jorn

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all,

I've installed the forum and have it working to the point that when I try to NEW POST it sends me to http://www.guyssigns.com/catalog/forum_newtopic.php the newtopic.php howeve nothing shows up just a blank page and doing a mouse over shows no links. A look at the source indicates that the html and Javescript were not loaded.

Any help would be appreaciated.

Thanks

• 4 months later...

Hi, I have been working on installing the forum for a few hours and can't figure what it is giving me an error:

Error - Connection to database is not established !

I was having other errors, but fixed them on the config file. This is my config file.

<?php

include("includes/configure.php");

//---- General Option ----

$admin = "admin";
$password = "password";

//---- MySQL configuration ---- 

$dbhost = DB_SERVER;   	 //MySQL host name for OSC leave it like this!
$dbuser = DB_SERVER_USERNAME; 	 //MySQL user name for OSC leave it like this!
$dbpass = DB_SERVER_PASSWORD; 	 //MySQL password for OSC leave it like this!
$db = DB_DATABASE;      //database name for OSC leave it like this!  I know, still pretty hardcoded huh;)

//---- Layout configuration ----

$forum_title = "1 Stop CB Shop Forum";
$itemperpage = 15;
$tablewidth = 500; //minimum value is 600
$default_font = "Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif";
$color1 = "#F8F8F9";
$color2 = "#f0f0f0";
$buttons = "#669966";
$topbar = "#669966";
$headlines = "#669966";
?>

I installed the .sql file in my phpadmin, although I am new to oscommerce, and php. I really want this to work, I like the forum.

-----------------------------------

DIFFERENT ISSUE WITH INFO BOX

My info box doesn't have correct link in it. I did as the instructions said, but the "forums" name comes up, but link is to /catalog/FILENAME_FORUM, having problems fixing it.

DIFFERENT ISSUE WITH INFO BOX

My info box doesn't have correct link in it.  I did as the instructions said, but the "forums" name comes up, but link is to /catalog/FILENAME_FORUM, having problems fixing it.

HI, add in catalog/includes/filenames.php this:

define('FILENAME_FORUM', 'forum.php');

in database_tables.php this:

define('TABLE_FORUM_POST', 'forum_post');

define('TABLE_FORUM_POSTEXT', 'forum_postext');

define('TABLE_FORUM_SMILE', 'forum_smile');

define('TABLE_FORUM_TOPIC', 'forum_topic');

MIchael

Edited by unpersoenlich

• 2 weeks later...

I have found the forum contribution for osc

The trouble is i think it is based on phpbb 2.0.10, there is a major security flaw with this version of phpbb so I would think it is unsafe to install. Maybe this osc version isn't affected by the flaw, as there seems to be far less files.?

Anyway if anyone can help?

cheers guys

mes...