AUTO EMAIL REPLY

Contribution link: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6900

Version 1 July 24th 2009

########################

Author

Sol Harris

www.purpledogdesign.com

INTRO

I wanted a way to be able to send an auto email reply to a customer enquiry to say "thanks, we got your email, we'll reply ASAP within 1 or 2 days - and by the way, here's our phone number"! ETC....

And also - it helps the customer when they have a copy of their own enquiry!

I searched the contributions section and the forum and was unable to find anything at all! I was surprised by this (and a little disappointed) so I decided to write one myself - and here it is - for better or worse.

Hopefully, it will work for you as it does for me.

This contribution assumes that your email is already working. Works fine on modified stores without any problem. I use it in conjunction with Visual Verify Code (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/1560)

########################

FEATURES

* Sends an "automated" response to a customer email enquiry.

* Copies the content of the customer enquiry - to the customer for their records.

* Sample "thank you" message included - but the variations are limitless - for example, you could put special offers in that text, opening times, whatever you want - it's another opportunity to be in your customer's inbox :-)

* This contribution also adds two extra fields to your contact_us.php file "COMPANY NAME" and "TELEPHONE NUMBER". If you don't want these additions, just erase them from the code mods, or modify them to suit your purpose (i.e. change company name to website address or mobile number etc....

########################

INSTALLATION

should take about 10 minutes

Just two files to change.

K I S S

Keep It Simple Stupid

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP any file you change FIRST so that you can go back if you need to...

########################

Edited by ssnb

Thanks you dear.

it is a really a good contribution and it send automatic response.

But after it send it doesn't show the success page. it shows a blank page.

it send mail and response very fine but redirect back to web site with success message is not working in my case.

can you give me any suggestion.

if you kindly can help me, i will post my code here to show you.

Till now, i restored the back up.

Thanks you in advance.

Thanks you dear.

it is a really a good contribution and it send automatic response.

But after it send it doesn't show the success page. it shows a blank page.

it send mail and response very fine but redirect back to web site with success message is not working in my case.

can you give me any suggestion.

if you kindly can help me, i will post my code here to show you.

Till now, i restored the back up.

Thanks you in advance.

Please post your code here from the catalog/contact_us.php and the languages/english/contact_us.php

Thanks

Sol

• 10 months later...

I like this contribution...very simple but extremely helpful. I was wondering if there was a way to eliminate or control the number of spaces in an email. Right now, I'm getting 3 lines between each line (between name and email, for example). It's no biggie, but most of my emails are managed on my phone and it's a lot of scrolling... Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I've followed this (except removed the comments from your code) and I haven't used the visual part as y form currently doesnt have a visual option.

I receive an email when the form is filled in, but it only lists the enquiry field...not the company name, or phone number. any thoughts?

Also, I've tested with my personal account but I dont receive the email confirmation from the form. Any thoughts on this too?

Thanks

Chris

Hi,

I've followed this (except removed the comments from your code) and I haven't used the visual part as y form currently doesnt have a visual option.

I receive an email when the form is filled in, but it only lists the enquiry field...not the company name, or phone number. any thoughts?

Also, I've tested with my personal account but I dont receive the email confirmation from the form. Any thoughts on this too?

I'm using 2.2RC2.

Thanks

Chris