• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal: Sorry - Your Last Action Could Not Be Completed

oringmonkey

If your customers are using Paypal to check out and they're getting the message "Sorry - your last action could not be completed", the solution is:

Edit Paypal.php (Includes>Modules>Payments>Paypal.php)

Search for this line: $this->form_action_url = 'https://secure.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr';

Change it to: $this->form_action_url = 'https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr';

Worked like a charm for me!

nice tip, thanks

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

Mine started 2 nights ago which was weird. I haven't done any changes to the site so not sure why Paypal was blaming OSCommerce for the problem

They said that 5 or 6 other people called in for the same exact problem within the past 2 days also and said that there has been no changes to Paypal...but ooh well at least the problem was solved. For me at least (I'm in no way a programmer). Hope it helps out!

Hello,

Was suffering the same problem. I use the standard paypal.php module in includes>modules>payments .

It appears the issue could be with the "cmd" _xclick method. It has also been suggested that _xclick is being phased out but I cannot find an official answer from PayPal.

The following changes from _xclick to _cart method.

1. Backup includes>modules>payments>paypal.php

2. Backup includes>modules>payments>paypal.php !!!!

3. Open paypal.php in an editor and find $process_button_string (approx line 88)

4. Change

$process_button_string = tep_draw_hidden_field('cmd', '_xclick') .

to

$process_button_string = tep_draw_hidden_field('cmd', '_cart') .

5. Add an extra hidden field

tep_draw_hidden_field('upload', '1') .

You can copy and paste this line into the string after

$process_button_string = tep_draw_hidden_field('cmd', '_cart') .

6. Change

tep_draw_hidden_field('item_name', STORE_NAME) .

to

tep_draw_hidden_field('item_name_1', STORE_NAME) .

7. Change

tep_draw_hidden_field('amount', number_format(($order->info['total'] - $order->info['shipping_cost']) * $currencies->get_value($my_currency), $currencies->get_decimal_places($my_currency))) .

to

tep_draw_hidden_field('amount_1', number_format(($order->info['total'] - $order->info['shipping_cost']) * $currencies->get_value($my_currency), $currencies->get_decimal_places($my_currency))) .

8. Change

tep_draw_hidden_field('shipping', number_format($order->info['shipping_cost'] * $currencies->get_value($my_currency), $currencies->get_decimal_places($my_currency)))

to

tep_draw_hidden_field('shipping_1', number_format($order->info['shipping_cost'] * $currencies->get_value($my_currency), $currencies->get_decimal_places($my_currency)))

9. Save and upload.

10. Run a checkout test to PayPal.

Hope this helps.

Many Thanks,

Shaun

hejhog

Mine started 2 nights ago which was weird. I haven't done any changes to the site so not sure why Paypal was blaming OSCommerce for the problem

They said that 5 or 6 other people called in for the same exact problem within the past 2 days also and said that there has been no changes to Paypal...but ooh well at least the problem was solved. For me at least (I'm in no way a programmer). Hope it helps out!

Sounds just like mine! That seemed to fix it for me, thank a lot!!!

If you're not a programmer, how on earth did you figure it out??? :lol:

Sounds just like mine! That seemed to fix it for me, thank a lot!!!

If you're not a programmer, how on earth did you figure it out??? :lol:

Hahah! I did a lot of searches on Google and here and found the post by Magdalena and tried it out. I'm still puzzled as to why or how everything suddenly changed...

Thanks!

I think this fixed my problem!

Mine started a few days ago as well, and Paypal tried to blame OsCommerce at first, claiming they didn't change anything. Then Paypal told me I must have been hacked. :blink:

I am glad to see I am not the crazy one here...

• 2 weeks later...

Haha, PayPal tried to blame our code too. The above fix worked for me, but I suspect PayPal has been tinkering with their own systems, I'm sure they would have told the likes of eBay about this change, but not the common man.

Thanks again.

Haha, PayPal tried to blame our code too. The above fix worked for me, but I suspect PayPal has been tinkering with their own systems, I'm sure they would have told the likes of eBay about this change, but not the common man.

Thanks again.

Thank you for the Tip!!

Paypal tried to blame my code and when I stated it used to work and we have not changed anything they had no answers and said they would escalate it. Still have not heard and that was 1 week ago.

I suspect Paypal is tinkering and maybe that was an old page that they were phasing out and did not realise people were still using it.

• 5 months later...

Hello,

According to oringmokey's reply the answer to the PayPal problem would be to change a small part in the file Paypal.php.

Edit Paypal.php (Includes>Modules>Payments>Paypal.php)

Search for this line: $this->form_action_url = 'https://secure.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr';

Change it to: $this->form_action_url = 'https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr';

I've searched all the Magento folders but could not find a file called "Paypal.php". Therefor unable to do the changes.

Perhaps I'm missing something. But does this file come with Magento or is it part of one of the extensions.

Would very much like to solve this annoying problem.

Thanks in advance,

Willem

• 5 months later...