• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

NewsDesk v1.2 Relased!

moyashi

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'MAX_DISPLAY_NEWSDESK_NEWS' at line 4

select p.newsdesk_id, pd.language_id, pd.newsdesk_article_name, pd.newsdesk_article_description, pd.newsdesk_article_shorttext, pd.newsdesk_article_url, p.newsdesk_image, p.newsdesk_date_added, p.newsdesk_last_modified, p.newsdesk_date_available, p.newsdesk_status from newsdesk p, newsdesk_description pd WHERE pd.newsdesk_id = p.newsdesk_id and pd.language_id = "1" and newsdesk_status = 1 ORDER BY newsdesk_date_added DESC LIMIT MAX_DISPLAY_NEWSDESK_NEWS

[TEP STOP]

Just did an upgrade to 1.2 overwriting the previous files AND updating each of the lines in application_top.php

Any thought on what this could be?

Thanks!

Bobby

Jared Geesey

Carsten,

I've just removed the test catalogs & products and added more of my own. Now ALL of my product catalogs are listed in the news info box.

I've been pouring throught the code (not easy since I'm no programmer) and found TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES definition thoughout the Newsdesk php files (newsdesk_index.php & newsdesk_general.php). This definition seems to have been amended to TABLE_newsdesk_TO_CATEGORIES to build the new contribution. I therefore assume that, somewhere along the line one was missed.

Still looking.

Regards

Kenny

If you learn more than you forget then that's a good thing.

Hopefully Carsten will get this contrib going without too much trouble. In the meantime......Is there anyway for me to just show my News without have the product categories showing? Basically, all I want to do is give some information about the care and value of the products I sell.

More ideas :idea: :idea: :idea: that's all...

i'm just kidding.. i think that what i'd be great would be an integration with some user level login contribution... so as to give only access to the newsdesk write article page... and to use the manufacterers as to authors...

ideas are coming to my mind... i'm just my mind's speaker..

patagonia, argentina

hey! if you put the news category box in your left column it only show the news categories!!! but.. this happen when i put my category (product) box in the right column... maybe this help to solve the problem...

cheers

emiliano

patagonia, argentina

Annette

A quick fix would be to remove the info box all together and just use the news on the default.php page - linking to the newsdesk page.

If you don't know what to do -

Undo the column_right.php edits mentioned in the install notes. Either remove the code completely or add // at the begining of each line.

UGH :twisted: found the "TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES" it's hiding it's ugly head in newsdesk_general.php

How did that get in there??? :shock:

Ok, just edit it to ::: "TABLE_newsdesk_TO_CATEGORIES"

There are 2 occurances of it in that file.

Thanks Kenny!

@ emiliano

:wink: I would love to have that but osC isn't too sharp yet on having multiple user levels. I'll take a look into it but give me a week or so. I'm halfway finished with 1.3

@ boxes

v 1.3 is going to have a configuration setting for that :o

@MAX_DISPLAY_NEWSDESK_NEWS errors

I have a funny feeling that pre-December snapshots are going to have this problem. I'll try looking into that tonight after I clear off my desktop which has about 20 files open right now.

@ thanks all for the great feed back!!!

NewsDesk(934) / FAQDesk(1106) / OrderCheck(1168) :::

CArsten

I changed he TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES in another file too. but it then it caled for $products_id instead of newsdesk _id - tried a global change of productsId & screwed it. WIll rebuild