• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Blank page after new language installation

Sibe

Hello

I made my way around to the OSC solution and there is a problem for which I could not find any suitable solution.

I could not find either the case in another topic here or on the Internet.

The problem:

OSC is properly installed with its default configuration (languages: en-de-es). From the add-ons on the website of OSC, I get a new language (fr). Once I have copied the files via FTP and added fr in the admin/languages interface (which works fine), I go to my online shop and try to switch on fr.

There is the problem: I got nothing else than a blank page, and it's impossible to either get back in the browser nor to solve the problem by deleting fr from the admin interface or by even deleting the fr language directories from the ftp.

I read some hints on the Internet which claim that the problem might be to a cookie deleting (I deleted them, but nothing changed); to an register globals point (but why are other languages working fine then?).

The only thing I could suspect, is that usually a blank page often means there is a knot in the php code. So maybe is the fr language pack I have downloaded simply erroneous.

I would be glad to know a simple and clear (well explained!) solution on how to get rid of the blank page!

Thanks in advance.

Sibe

PS: my config:

OSC v2.2 RC2a.

Operating system Linux (account hosted!)

Apache version 2.2.11 (Unix)

PHP version 5.2.9

MySQL version 5.0.81

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi

I have a same problem,but now i can repair it,

Your language file is problem in some line,Method is easy fix.

01.Copy original english.php on includes\languages paste here and rename to you language

02.open your language file and edit all line.

goodluck

• 5 months later...

Hello

I made my way around to the OSC solution and there is a problem for which I could not find any suitable solution.

I could not find either the case in another topic here or on the Internet.

The problem:

OSC is properly installed with its default configuration (languages: en-de-es). From the add-ons on the website of OSC, I get a new language (fr). Once I have copied the files via FTP and added fr in the admin/languages interface (which works fine), I go to my online shop and try to switch on fr.

There is the problem: I got nothing else than a blank page, and it's impossible to either get back in the browser nor to solve the problem by deleting fr from the admin interface or by even deleting the fr language directories from the ftp.

I read some hints on the Internet which claim that the problem might be to a cookie deleting (I deleted them, but nothing changed); to an register globals point (but why are other languages working fine then?).

The only thing I could suspect, is that usually a blank page often means there is a knot in the php code. So maybe is the fr language pack I have downloaded simply erroneous.

I would be glad to know a simple and clear (well explained!) solution on how to get rid of the blank page!

Thanks in advance.

Sibe

PS: my config:

OSC v2.2 RC2a.

Operating system Linux (account hosted!)

Apache version 2.2.11 (Unix)

PHP version 5.2.9

MySQL version 5.0.81

Hello,

First of all check your language file in this way

includes/languages/your language file/index.php,

check that index.php file are available or not.

solution--

is No.then copy the index.php file of other language & change the content language in your language.

Try It.

Edited by parthiv