• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Site is live :)

sighthound

Just a note - this site does stock some adult products so if anybody finds that objectionable, then please don't click the link :)

www.cocobella.co.nz

This is my first OsCommerce site, so be gentle with me ;)

VERY NICE!! I like the colors and choice in background.. like that theres an image but its not overpowering.

I might switch around the categories and the info boxes.. I dont know.. generally people go to the top left for categories and top right for shopping cart. Its just reflex. You can then take the more important links from that info box like DOWNLOADS, STORE LOCATIONS, NEW in the top with those large orange buttons you have there.. That will make the orange buttons look like they are more a part of the website, and it will keep your important info links up there, while putting the categories where people expect it.

And theres no shopping cart box? How do i know how much I am spending if i am adding multiple products?

In your product listing page, you have a BUY button.. but when I clck it, it doesnt add it to cart because I need to choose a size or something.. So it is misleading.. You should turn that button into a button that says DETAILS and have the BUY button only on those products that actually allow you to buy from the product listing.

overall.. i think you did a VERY VERY nice job. I love it

** you should note in your first post that its considered NSFW (not safe for work) meaning lingerie and other items..

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

Overall, a great looking site! Couple of things on the SEO side

1. Make Sure All of Your Internal Links Point to the Same Domain

By the same domain, I’m referring to whether you want your site to be known as

http://www.yourstore.com

or

http://yourstore.com

2. Each of your products and pages needs a unique TITLE and meta tags.

3. Install the Ultimate SEO URLS contrib.

Thank you both very much for your replies :)

Yes, I have noticed that my url loses the www on links. How do I change this? I have made the base href on the index.php page as www, but it doesn't seem to alter anything. Do I need to add something to the htaccess file of my host?

cheers :)

this LIKELY happens because of your configure.php file.. Check and see if you have the root folder set to http://yourdomain.com or http://www.yourdomain.com

wheny ou say that you made the "base href" what do you mean by that>

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

• 1 year later...

Hi, I've just checked out your site and it looks really good - how did you transform from the boring oscommerce standard into what you have?! I have been working on my store for about 2 months now and I still do not have anything as good as what you have!!

Well done! I can just hope that eventually I will have a site that is as good as yours!

Rachel

Archived