• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Redirecting, and general help for a newbie!

Bekki

I keep going in circles reading posts on the forum and nothing really helps me. I'm relatively new to osCommerce so simple help would be great!

I can't make a test purchase myself as I'm working on the site for someone else, and I can't give the site URL either.

It sounds like (I haven't seen it myself) paypal isn't redirecting to the right page. It's either that or the information isn't being sent back to osCommerce properly.

To start with, where can I check the URL it's going back to and what should it be? Nothing has changed as far as I know yet this problem started occurring. What could have caused this?

Thanks.

More than the half people here are working on "somebody's else" site. You need to be able anyway to place test orders to check the system. Strange that you can not place test orders, but you have access to the code.

Did you try the "sandbox" option of paypal? You can also check at paypal it self to where it is redirecting after the confirmation there.

It's hard to give you an answer, as you don't know even your self what exactly the problem is, what paypal module you have installed, what else you have installed etc

Where in paypal can I check where it's being redirected? I had a look but couldn't see anything.

I can't really turn the sandbox option on as it's a live site I'm having to work on.

I'm using the paypal module that's included with osCommerce. The osCommerce version is 2.2 RC1 if that helps.

In your merchand account profile under "selling preferences" if I remember well, check around, you will fid it.

I would not start to play around on a live shop, if it's really already working. Upload the whole thing + DB to a new locked location and make all chnages there, or do it locally. After everything works fine, you just place it to the right domain.

I don't know what exactly your plans are, is it just the paypal issue or more things?

Aha, thanks. Got it. Would you say it was the 'website payment preferences' option? If so, I think that's the problem. It's not even set to the right website!

Yeah I think I might work on it somewhere else. I hate working on live sites.

It is just the paypal issue for now. As far as I know everything else is working fine.

Is it checkout_process.php it should redirect to or something else? I saw it earlier but can't find it now!

Edited by Bekki

I've changed it to checkout_process.php but I'm now getting the error "Fatal error: Call to undefined function count_store_products_purchased() in

checkout_process.php on line 59" when paypal returns to the site.

I've changed it to checkout_process.php but I'm now getting the error "Fatal error: Call to undefined function count_store_products_purchased() in

checkout_process.php on line 59" when paypal returns to the site.

Put it to checkout_confirmation.php