• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

UPSXML_v1_3_5 works but breaks the shopping cart

Dee Long

I installed the UPSXML_v1_3_5 contribution (Online Merchant v 2.2 RC1) and it works as expected until you get to the Order Confirmation page where the shipping costs show, but the product price is $0 and the address format value is also missing.

I notice that the sessions table carries those values until you get to the Delivery Information page, then they are mysteriously gone! All other values appear to be intact.

I'm not sure how these values get into the sessions table or why they are being lost. Does anyone know how this works? Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks for your time!

I installed the UPSXML_v1_3_5 contribution (Online Merchant v 2.2 RC1) and it works as expected until you get to the Order Confirmation page where the shipping costs show, but the product price is $0 and the address format value is also missing.

I notice that the sessions table carries those values until you get to the Delivery Information page, then they are mysteriously gone! All other values appear to be intact.

I'm not sure how these values get into the sessions table or why they are being lost. Does anyone know how this works? Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks for your time!

I just fixed this problem with the UPSXML shipping module by removing the Shopping Cart box from column_right.php while using the cart.

Not yet sure what the cause is!

I don't need to display the box anyway since you are already in the Shopping Cart.

Okay, I had a customer call me and complain that my site was down. THey were getting:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/bearclaw/html/catalog/includes/classes/xmldocument.php on line 58

I tried it on a few machines and got the same thing consistently. At first I though it was the server or a hacker, but nothing showed as different since the last order I received (friday, 10 Jul 09 at 2:30 ish).

Luckily I remembered that the UPS site required a whole lot of extra effort (re-log in, sign user agreements, check account settings, etc) the last time I used it (saturday). So, I disabled the UPS methods and my site is working again.

Any news on an updated module in the works?