• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Extra Product Fields 1.0

Mrstech

Is there anyway to change the look of the filter on product listing page from this vertical to nice horizontal, where the description if above the drop down?

I have been looking into the code to think about it, but for me as a noob it's quite impossible. The code looks like it's general self repeating creation of drop down if they exist. This way I don't have any clue how I can position the drop downs...

If my feeling is right, the piece responsible for that is in product_listing.php:

// begin extra product fields
           $extra = '';
           foreach ($epf as $e) {
             if ($e['listing']) {
               $mt = ($e['uses_list'] && !$e['multi_select'] ? ($listing[$e['field']] == 0) : !tep_not_null($listing[$e['field']]));
               if (!$mt) { // only list fields that aren't empty
                 $extra .= '<br><b>' . $e['label'] . ': </b>';
                 if ($e['uses_list']) {
                   if ($e['multi_select']) {
                     $epf_values = explode('|', trim($listing[$e['field']], '|'));
                     $epf_string = '';
                     foreach ($epf_values as $v) {
                       $epf_string .= tep_get_extra_field_list_value($v) . ', ';
                     }
                     $extra .= trim($epf_string, ', ');
                   } else {
                     $extra .= tep_get_extra_field_list_value($listing[$e['field']],$e['show_chain'] == 1);
                   }
                 } else {
                   $extra .= $listing[$e['field']];
                 }
               }
             }
           }
           // end extra product fields

Anyone did this?

Is there anyway to change the look of the filter on product listing page from this vertical to nice horizontal, where the description if above the drop down?

Ok, as nobody helped, I managed to spend an evening to learn more about PHP and I've found a solution by myself.

The idea was to have the filter drop-downs not as a vertical list with the name of each drop down above it, but to compose it in a nice horizontal line side by side with the name of the drop down filter inside it as a default not filtered. To make it you need to:

1) Open index.php and to change line:

echo sprintf(TEXT_RESTRICT_TO, $e['label'], tep_draw_pull_down_menu($e['field'], tep_build_epf_pulldown($e['id'], $languages_id, array(array('id' => '', 'text' => TEXT_ANY_VALUE))),'', 'onchange="this.form.submit()"')) . '<br />';

with

echo sprintf(TEXT_RESTRICT_TO, '', tep_draw_pull_down_menu($e['field'], tep_build_epf_pulldown($e['id'], $languages_id, array(array('id' => '', 'text' => $e['label']))),'', 'onchange="this.form.submit()"')) . ' ';

2) Open all your main language files (here example of default english) /includes/languages/english.php and change the line:

define('TEXT_RESTRICT_TO', 'Select <b>%s</b> : %s');

with

define('TEXT_RESTRICT_TO', '<b>%s</b>%s');

Those mdoification change only the code added with EPF.