• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Order Update Tool- too sweet!

Warren Ashcroft:

I am not trying to pick on CC. I don't even know CC. However, I am just saying that any good programer would make sure that there are no problems/bugs with any programing that they create. And, If I had created this contribution, and someone brought to my attention this problem. I would have said thank you I really appreciate you taking the time to test my program, and pointing out any and all problems with it. I would have then fixed the problem, and asked those same people if they would be kinda enough to test it again. Don't take it personal.

RazorSharp

This is OPEN SOURCE, even OSC 2.2 is not out of beta yet, so why do you use it?

No one's job is to release code that works, they release code on GPL so we can all change it to our needs and make it work how we need it.

You are trying to stipulate that the original code creator should fix it for all. That isnt gonna happen in a lot of cases.

Around here if you want something doing, do it yourself, and then re-share it!

If your case it that it is buggy for you and it should be changed, Fine.

I however think it is fine and does not need a change for my use.

So with your thinking who is right and who is wrong?

Answer: Neither of us, you just play with the code yourself until you are happy with it.

CC:

Apparently, I have hurt your feelings. Don't take it personally. I will leave you alone. And, I am not a newbie.

RazorSharp

No you didnt hurt my feelings, if I couldnt take things like that I wouldnt be here on the forums 900+ posts later.

I have been flamed big timein the past, all part of a days work my friend.

Dont lose sleep over it, I didnt !

CC.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find another problem

If you have an order with an option like this

T Shirt XXL +3$

Shirt M

blabla

----------------------

and other items in the order....If you delete an item, the option of the other item is also deleted. So the order total is not right. It meansthe order update support no options.

This tool is great, but this is a problem.

Could anyone fix this?

Its the same option or attributes. If you update an order with maybe 5 products....if one of them had as attribute + 5 $.....

If you update the order. the product with the attribute loose the + 5 $

Try it on your shop. Try an order with a lot products and some attributes and update this order. You will see that the total is not correct.

Well we knew that would be the case, becos this contribution does not handle attributes whatsoever.

Therefore it can not deduce the cost of what an attribute maybe.

My suggestion would be that if you use a lot of attributes within your site you do not use this contribution until attributes have been added.

The only way to make sure this happens is either, someone who really needs this in the OSC community undertakes the task of adding an attributes handler for this contribution, or someone gets paid for putting it together.

If enough of you need it, why dont you get together in order to share the cost and make it less of a burden.

Just get a freelance php coder to do this for you.

CC.

Marie,

Sweet site. i've having my wife bookmark it!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

has anyone had their 'orders total' not updating correctly?

i've used this 2-3 times in the last week and notice that it doesn't

add the shipping fee to the order total properly.

my shipping rates are based on the table-rate and using a 9/02 snapshot.

been too lazy to go in and fix the problem since i don't update orders

much.

just wondering if its just me experiencing the problem ...

I've found that if you add or delete items you need to select the shipping method like UPS Ground again in order for it to update the change in weight. If you select "leave shipping as is" it will do just that and not update the weight and the susequent change in shipping amount. HTH

• 1 month later...

I'm using OS v2.1.

I have a error that ;

Warning: main(catalog/includes/module/shipping/ups.php) [function.main]: failed to create stream: No such file or directory in /usr2/home/bethel/www/catalog/admin/update_order.php on line 148

Warning: main() [function.main]: Failed opening 'catalog/includes/module/shipping/ups.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /usr2/home/bethel/www/catalog/admin/update_order.php on line 148

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: _ups in /usr2/home/bethel/www/catalog/admin/update_order.php on line 149

Is anyone have a same problem or fixed this problem ?

Thanks

I'm using OS v2.1.

I have a error that ;

Warning: main(catalog/includes/module/shipping/ups.php) [function.main]: failed to create stream: No such file or directory in /usr2/home/bethel/www/catalog/admin/update_order.php on line 148

Warning: main() [function.main]: Failed opening 'catalog/includes/module/shipping/ups.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /usr2/home/bethel/www/catalog/admin/update_order.php on line 148

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: _ups in /usr2/home/bethel/www/catalog/admin/update_order.php on line 149

Is anyone have a same problem or fixed this problem ?

Thanks

the ERROR has the answer already

you are missing the file

catalog/includes/module/shipping/ups.php

Robert

We all need to learn it once, how hard it may seem when you look at it, also you will master it someday ;)

This contribution, as well as 99% of the others was made specifically for version 2.2 or MS1

Might be a good time to upgrade.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am using MS1 and I just recently installed this handy contribution, all works but the updating shipping part. I get error

Warning: main(../catalog/includes/classes/_ups.php) [function.main]: failed to create stream: No such file or directory in /home/cosmicfl/public_html/catalog/admin/update_order.php on line 250

Warning: main() [function.main]: Failed opening '../catalog/includes/classes/_ups.php' for inclusion (include_path='') in /home/cosmicfl/public_html/catalog/admin/update_order.php on line 250

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: _ups in /home/cosmicfl/public_html/catalog/admin/update_order.php on line 251

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

thanks,

Brian

• 2 weeks later...

Great Contrib pal, a little rough, but really usefoul. Thx for your work.

I've a question: i've noticed that this tool don't update quantity, if u add or delete article the quantity in the catalog don't change.. i'm right or is only my site?

thx again. bye

my contribution: Alex's Contributions

I cant get this Cotribution to function correctly with Random Order Number Contribution Installed, instead of haveing order numbers like 56, mine look more like HU0621037, I dont see it should be any different its still a order_id in the database.

this is the error I get:

Failure

I was unable to fetch the orders information from maxidvd.orders. Make sure you have a valid order ID.

Last MySQL Message was:

Unknown column 'HU0621037' in 'where clause'

Last MySQL Query was:

SELECT * FROM orders WHERE orders_id=HU0621037

If anyone has these two contributions installed and working correctly couls you please tell what needs to be changed in update_order.php

Thanks Lee

• 3 weeks later...

after installing on a local machine (xp pro) -> it works fine

after installing on the live system (unix) -> blank site

Any ideas?

Torsten

(MS 1)

SELECT * FROM orders WHERE orders_id=HU0621037
I haven't tried this, but have you checked if the query is written
...orders_id=" . $order_id . "...

or

...orders_id='" . $order_id . "'...

It makes sense to me for the first version to only work with IDs that start with a number (the normal situation), while the second takes any string (what you need).

Hth,

Matt

Great Contrib pal, a little rough, but really usefoul. Thx for your work.

I've a question: i've noticed that this tool don't update quantity, if u add or delete article the quantity in the catalog don't change.. i'm right or is only my site?

thx again. bye

somebody?

I just got this thing up and running with no problems... I'm using a CVS snapshot from May 1. I used the 1.3.1 and the direct link thingy... so I guess try it out and take your chances. It's really easy to install or remove - and make sure you have at least one order to test on.

At first glance, it looks a little outdated, and I think there might be a problem updating the shipping, as it's showing more options than I have, and i never installed a 'store pickup' shipping module, and it's not showing the other shipping modules that I DO have installed - that might take a little modding. But it functions well as best I can tell, can update quantities, set quantity to 0 to remove, etc...

And MaxiDVD - just a thought, I don't have that random order id installed (where can I get it?) but it looks like the queries in update_order.php are not geared to handle anything but a number. Try changing these lines:

find -

$Query = "UPDATE orders SET " . join(", ",$tmp_Query) . " WHERE orders_id=$OrderID";

and change it to

$Query = "UPDATE orders SET " . join(", ",$tmp_Query) . " WHERE orders_id='" . $OrderID . "'";

then find

// Insert New Orders_Products Record

$Query = "INSERT INTO orders_products SET orders_products_id=NULL, orders_id=$OrderID, products_id=$NewOrdersProductID, products_model='" . $Row["products_model"] . "', products_name='" . $Row["products_name"] . "', products_price='" . $Row["products_price"] . "', final_price='" . ($Row["products_price"] + ($Row["products_price"]*($Tax/100))). "', products_tax='$Tax', products_quantity=" . $NewOrdersProductQuantity;

and replace that with

$Query = "INSERT INTO orders_products SET orders_products_id=NULL, orders_id='" . $OrderID . "', products_id=$NewOrdersProductID, products_model='" . $Row["products_model"] . "', products_name='" . $Row["products_name"] . "', products_price='" . $Row["products_price"] . "', final_price='" . ($Row["products_price"] + ($Row["products_price"]*($Tax/100))). "', products_tax='$Tax', products_quantity=" . $NewOrdersProductQuantity;

and let me know if that works... oh, iiinetworks already thought of that. Well, that's where the two queries are at any rate.

-D. M. 8)

I just got this thing up and running with no problems... I'm using a CVS snapshot from May 1. I used the 1.3.1 and the direct link thingy... so I guess try it out and take your chances. It's really easy to install or remove - and make sure you have at least one order to test on.

At first glance, it looks a little outdated, and I think there might be a problem updating the shipping, as it's showing more options than I have, and i never installed a 'store pickup' shipping module, and it's not showing the other shipping modules that I DO have installed - that might take a little modding. But it functions well as best I can tell, can update quantities, set quantity to 0 to remove, etc...

And MaxiDVD - just a thought, I don't have that random order id installed (where can I get it?) but it looks like the queries in update_order.php are not geared to handle anything but a number. Try changing these lines:

find -

$Query = "UPDATE orders SET " . join(", ",$tmp_Query) . " WHERE orders_id=$OrderID";

and change it to

$Query = "UPDATE orders SET " . join(", ",$tmp_Query) . " WHERE orders_id='" . $OrderID . "'";

then find

$Query = "INSERT INTO orders_products SET orders_products_id=NULL, orders_id=$OrderID, products_id=$NewOrdersProductID, products_model='" . $Row["products_model"] . "', products_name='" . $Row["products_name"] . "', products_price='" . $Row["products_price"] . "', final_price='" . ($Row["products_price"] + ($Row["products_price"]*($Tax/100))). "', products_tax='$Tax', products_quantity=" . $NewOrdersProductQuantity;

and replace that with

$Query = "INSERT INTO orders_products SET orders_products_id=NULL, orders_id='" . $OrderID . "', products_id=$NewOrdersProductID, products_model='" . $Row["products_model"] . "', products_name='" . $Row["products_name"] . "', products_price='" . $Row["products_price"] . "', final_price='" . ($Row["products_price"] + ($Row["products_price"]*($Tax/100))). "', products_tax='$Tax', products_quantity=" . $NewOrdersProductQuantity;

and let me know if that works... oh, iiinetworks already thought of that. Well, that's where the two queries are at any rate.

did u have problems with quantity? for example when u add or remove something? did this uodate the stock right?