• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

please feedback my site

DAKstaff

Its my first site,did it for the place i work.Its pretty much done apart from some niggling email issues,so would appreciate critique in other areas.

www.dakltd DOT co.uk

Thanks,

When viewing products under each category, you have a quantity column. What does that mean exactly? Does that mean that is how many you are buying or how many you have in stock? Also, the file size of your product images on the category page is big.

When viewing products under each category, you have a quantity column. What does that mean exactly? Does that mean that is how many you are buying or how many you have in stock? Also, the file size of your product images on the category page is big.

thanks for your feedback,the quantity field is simply where i switched on the option in oscommerce to show the stock amount for that item.

I see what you mean about the file size for the catagory images,i thought the program resized them,obviously its time to run some batch jobs in photoshop. :rolleyes:

thanks for your feedback,the quantity field is simply where i switched on the option in oscommerce to show the stock amount for that item.

I see what you mean about the file size for the catagory images,i thought the program resized them,obviously its time to run some batch jobs in photoshop. :rolleyes:

There is an add-on for that. You can resize them on the fly with GD library or ImageMagick.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For a computer related store, i was expecting something that looked high tech. Instead i found a boring oscommerce looking store that doesnt inspire me at all.

Your product descriptions are useless to me. I want to see full secs of products. if you cant give those, put links to the manufacturers website where i can find them. I dont want to know when the product was added to your catalogue. This is the total of your product description for one product.

Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy 2 PCI Sound Card SB0240
. Would you buy on the strength of that.

You only have one language and currency so remove the unnecessary boxes.

If you are a UK based shop, selling only to the UK, sort your create account pages and the others to UK formats. Its not hard to do.

Remove the silly oscommerce cartoon imasges from some of your pages. You have done some, but not them all.

You have top and catalogue in your navbar. They lead to the same place, remove one of them.

Got bored looking now.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Archived