• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Better Product listings & Display. Ultra pics, J query, Image Controller, Product listing as list or Grid + More

FIMBLE

Hi all,

I have just uploaded my latest contribution

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6855

Brief outline

* J query with ultra pics,

* Product review pages have J query

* Better product listing and product display,

* Images controller,

* Product short description

* Now Admin controllable product listing

Admin control for the sort order on the product_listing page either by Price or Name

Admin control over the amount of characters to show on the short descriptions

Admin control over Product style, list or Grid

Random new_products page with buy now and view buttons

A lot is my own work, but I have also used other contributions to bring this together into one easy to install package.

I hope to have made this to be easy to install and to use, please note it may only work on a vanilla install of osCommerce.

Regards

Nic

Sometimes you're the dog and sometimes the lamp post

[/url]

My Contributions

Thank you so much for this contribution. I installed it without difficulty and everything seems to be working quite well. The only thing I happened to notice is that the English for the social bookmarks at the bottom of the product_info page doesn't seem to be translating. I was able to copy the English.php file from your Better product listing and product info contribution and implemented it without any trouble. I just felt I should perhaps mention it. ;)

Thank you again for all the work you did on this contribution!

Thank you so much for this contribution. I installed it without difficulty and everything seems to be working quite well. The only thing I happened to notice is that the English for the social bookmarks at the bottom of the product_info page doesn't seem to be translating. I was able to copy the English.php file from your Better product listing and product info contribution and implemented it without any trouble. I just felt I should perhaps mention it. ;)

Thank you again for all the work you did on this contribution!

Hi Thanks for the info,

I did not think this would be a problem, i will post an update here shortly.

Nic

[/url]

My Contributions

Hi, I installed this without problem.

But how to display product model in main page's product listing?

Hello

You need to set the value to true in your

admin / configuration / product Listing / Display Product Model set it to 1

Nic

[/url]

My Contributions

Hello Fimble,

I'm so sorry if I offended you through PM :(

... but wish you could point me some directions? :unsure:

I finally got the admin part... I just deleted the tep_hide_session_id(); on the admin/categories.php and it worked! (wish i wont effect anything)

and now.. even though I updated both SM and XL image the Photo wont pop-up. but it will roll the product page down.. and down there i can see the

previous/next

CLOSE

and when I click the CLOSE it would close.. and the excess rolled pages below will be gone.

is there anything I mised?

my web: www.baby-glider.com

Sorry again.. very very sorry.. :(

regards,

Jac

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi FIMBLE

thanks for this great contribution - its helped me a lot.

I would like to, like the poster above me, add extra products stats. the one i want to add is the Manufacturers.

i'm not a programmer, and tried various ways (by imitating) to get this to work, but none seem to work.

here is the original code:

select p.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_model, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, pd.products_url, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_date_added, p.products_date_available, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'"

here's what i have tried:

try 1

select p.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_model, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, pd.products_url, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_date_added, p.products_date_available, p.manufacturers_id, m.manufacturers_name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m where p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'"

and its error code:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' products_description pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = '11' ' at line 1

select p.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_model, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, pd.products_url, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_date_added, p.products_date_available, p.manufacturers_id, m.manufacturers_name from products p, manufacturers m where p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id, products_description pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = '11' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '1'

try 2

select p.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_model, p.products_quantity,
     p.products_image, pd.products_url, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_date_added,
     p.products_date_available, p.manufacturers_id, m.manufacturers_name
     from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd
     LEFT JOIN manufacturers AS m ON (p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id)
     where p.products_status = '1'
     and p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "'
     and pd.products_id = p.products_id
     and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'"

its error code:

1054 - Unknown column 'p.manufacturers_id' in 'on clause'

select p.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_model, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, pd.products_url, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_date_added, p.products_date_available, p.manufacturers_id, m.manufacturers_name from products p, products_description pd LEFT JOIN manufacturers AS m ON (p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id) where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = '11' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '1'

i'd appreciate any help you can give here.

thanks!

Tanya

• 1 month later...

Hi All.

I was wondering if you have considered adding a multi image contrib to this so that you can have extra images?

Spooks has a real nice that I have seen under the fancy box contrib.

The lack of extra images and being too hard for me to add the extra images contrib kept me from installing this.

• 1 month later...

Hi

I wondered if you could help me, I have installed the addon to a new installation as per the installation instructions but when I select New Product in the admin I get the follow error.

1054 - Unknown column 'products_image_med' in 'where clause'

select count(*) as total from products where products_image='' or products_image_med='' or products_image_lrg=''

[TEP STOP]

Would appriciate your help.

Thanks

Looks like a great contribution :D but I've got problems... :'(

uploaded all the files and when I ran the sql I got the following error:

Error

SQL query: Documentation

INSERT INTO configuration( configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function )

VALUES (

'', 'Enable Additional Images?', 'ULTIMATE_ADDITIONAL_IMAGES', 'enable', 'Display Additional Images below Product Description?', 4, 10, now( ) , now( ) , NULL , 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'enable\', \'disable\'),'

);

MySQL said: Documentation

#1046 - No database selected

Edited by nx7t

Looks like a great contribution :D but I've got problems... :'(

uploaded all the files ran the install and when I ran the sql I got the following error:

Error

SQL query: Documentation

INSERT INTO configuration( configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function )

VALUES (

'', 'Enable Additional Images?', 'ULTIMATE_ADDITIONAL_IMAGES', 'enable', 'Display Additional Images below Product Description?', 4, 10, now( ) , now( ) , NULL , 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'enable\', \'disable\'),'

);

MySQL said: Documentation

#1046 - No database selected

also

When I click on the image I get this...

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_image_med' in 'field list'

select p.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_model, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, p.products_image_med, p.products_image_lrg, p.products_image_sm_1, p.products_image_xl_1, p.products_image_sm_2, p.products_image_xl_2, p.products_image_sm_3, p.products_image_xl_3, p.products_image_sm_4, p.products_image_xl_4, p.products_image_sm_5, p.products_image_xl_5, p.products_image_sm_6, p.products_image_xl_6, pd.products_url, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_date_added, p.products_date_available, p.manufacturers_id from products p, products_description pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = '1303' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '1'

Also found in Admin, under reviews... this error

Reviews

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #3 is not an array in /usr/www/users/mwarner/09essco/catalog/admin/reviews.php on line 215

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in /usr/www/users/mwarner/09essco/catalog/admin/reviews.php on line 216

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #3 is not an array in /usr/www/users/mwarner/09essco/catalog/admin/reviews.php on line 216

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in /usr/www/users/mwarner/09essco/catalog/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 17

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /usr/www/users/mwarner/09essco/catalog/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 18

Edited by nx7t

• 2 weeks later...

I have installed the green bubble store, great looking template, thanks for your work. A few issues though:

1.On clicking the 'Buy Now' button, (from categories), I get the following error message:

Not Found

The requested URL /1_8/cPath/1_8/action/buy_now/products_id/25 was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

2.On getting out of the 'Delivery information' window, I get the following error message

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/woiqqwab/public_html/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/sservices.php:25) in /home/woiqqwab/public_html/includes/functions/general.php on line 33

3. I cannot find this in admin:

To use the new Edit pages, all you have to do is log into the admin, and goto Edit Pages, select the page you want to edit and add Flash, Images, Links, Format text, add bullet points etc... etc... etc...

4.After checking the sitemonitor for hacked files, I get the following, ( I installed sitemonitor before the the template):

Checked 214 directories containing a total of 1150 files. Skipped 823 files. 20 suspected hacked files found.

Hacked Files Found

power/fckeditor/fckeditor.afp

power/fckeditor/fckeditor.asp

power/fckeditor/fckeditor.cfc

power/fckeditor/fckeditor.cfm

power/fckeditor/fckeditor.js

power/fckeditor/fckeditor.lasso

power/fckeditor/fckeditor.pl

power/fckeditor/fckeditor.py

power/fckeditor/fckeditor_php4.php

power/fckeditor/fckeditor_php5.php

power/fckeditor/editor/fckdialog.html

power/fckeditor/editor/dialog/fck_docprops.html

power/fckeditor/editor/dialog/fck_flash.html

power/fckeditor/editor/dialog/fck_image.html

power/fckeditor/editor/dialog/fck_link.html

power/fckeditor/editor/dialog/fck_paste.html

power/fckeditor/editor/dialog/fck_spellerpages.html

power/fckeditor/editor/filemanager/connectors/test.html

power/fckeditor/editor/filemanager/connectors/uploadtest.html

power/fckeditor/editor/js/fckdebug.html

What could be the problems and solutions to these?

Thanking you in advance for your assistance.

Felix

I have installed the green bubble store, great looking template, thanks for your work. A few issues though:

1.On clicking the 'Buy Now' button, (from categories), I get the following error message:

Not Found

The requested URL /1_8/cPath/1_8/action/buy_now/products_id/25 was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

2.On getting out of the 'Delivery information' window, I get the following error message

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/woiqqwab/public_html/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/sservices.php:25) in /home/woiqqwab/public_html/includes/functions/general.php on line 33

3. I cannot find this in admin:

To use the new Edit pages, all you have to do is log into the admin, and goto Edit Pages, select the page you want to edit and add Flash, Images, Links, Format text, add bullet points etc... etc... etc...

4.After checking the sitemonitor for hacked files, I get the following, ( I installed sitemonitor before the the template):

Checked 214 directories containing a total of 1150 files. Skipped 823 files. 20 suspected hacked files found.

Hacked Files Found

power/fckeditor/fckeditor.afp

power/fckeditor/fckeditor.asp

power/fckeditor/fckeditor.cfc

power/fckeditor/fckeditor.cfm

power/fckeditor/fckeditor.js

power/fckeditor/fckeditor.lasso

power/fckeditor/fckeditor.pl

power/fckeditor/fckeditor.py

power/fckeditor/fckeditor_php4.php

power/fckeditor/fckeditor_php5.php

power/fckeditor/editor/fckdialog.html

power/fckeditor/editor/dialog/fck_docprops.html

power/fckeditor/editor/dialog/fck_flash.html

power/fckeditor/editor/dialog/fck_image.html

power/fckeditor/editor/dialog/fck_link.html

power/fckeditor/editor/dialog/fck_paste.html

power/fckeditor/editor/dialog/fck_spellerpages.html

power/fckeditor/editor/filemanager/connectors/test.html

power/fckeditor/editor/filemanager/connectors/uploadtest.html

power/fckeditor/editor/js/fckdebug.html

What could be the problems and solutions to these?

Thanking you in advance for your assistance.

Felix

Great work Nic, thanks for everything and I hope everybody notices the great work you do

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Fimble,

I have a problem about "Best_product_listing_and_presentation_package".

I like it and start to use (thank you very much). But when I click to buy_now button any product's below in any category inside I receive an error like below.

I checked everythings and didn't find any unusual situation. I am not a programmer but I am learning day by day.

I use osCommerce_2.2rc2a

I hope you will find the solution, because I would like to use your add-on.

Best regards

Not Found

The requested URL /catalog/1/cPath/1/action/buy_now/products_id/29 was not found on this server.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache Server at www.mysite.com Port 80

Not Found

The requested URL /catalog/1/cPath/1/action/buy_now/products_id/29 was not found on this server.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Switch off the SEFU (search engine friendly url's) in the admin (I guess you use that, but it also so it's beta... if never got out of beta).

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jan Zonjee,

Thank you very much you have answered my question. I tried your solution before, but did not work.

I found the solution about my problem like that:

If we change some codes (in 182nd row) in product_listing.php file it will be OK

Find:

tep_href_link(basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'])

Replace

tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF)

thats it :)

• 4 months later...

Have added a few mods since adding Better products listings and display, etc and some small edits to get to site to my likings. Now I notice the the new products on index page is missing the header-bar above the products for the month. Already checked index.php, and modules/new-products.php to see if anything is missing. I do not want to a restore back to when I did the last backup dated over a week ago. Because everything in site is working fine. I assume this is just a minor item which might gotten removed or changed a bit. So am asking on any ideas where else I need to look?

Thanks.

my site: greatdiscounts4u-dot-com

Edited by blr044

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bennett

First off my apologies, i must hve deleted the tracking of this topic!!

You have not deleted it. or anything else, it has been removed by me putting together the add on.

To re-enable it open your catalog / includes / modules / new_products.php

on line 25, or just after this code

$info_box_contents = array();
 $info_box_contents[] = array('text' => sprintf(TABLE_HEADING_NEW_PRODUCTS, strftime('%B')));

add

new contentBoxHeading($info_box_contents);

So it looks like

$info_box_contents = array();
 $info_box_contents[] = array('text' => sprintf(TABLE_HEADING_NEW_PRODUCTS, strftime('%B')));
 new contentBoxHeading($info_box_contents);

This will restore the New Products for ....

Regards

Nic

[/url]

My Contributions

• 1 month later...

All of sudden I an receiving an error message while editing product in admin -> categories/products. When deleting images under More Additional Images, I tick the delete radio button and then click the preview button which takes me to the next page. When I select the update button, I receive the following error message:

Warning: unlink(/xxxx/xxxx/xxxx/xxxx/xxxx.xxxxx/images/DSD-533711-1.jpg) [function.unlink]: No such file or directory in /xxxxx/xxxxx/xxxxx/xxxxx/xxx.xxxxx/admin/categories.php on line 271

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /xxxxx/xxxxx/xxxxx/xxxxx/xxx.xxxxx/xxxxx/categories.php:271) in /xxxxx/xxxxx/xxxxx/xxxx/xx.xxxxx/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 22

This is from admin/categories.php - lines 262 thru 272:

// MaxiDVD Added ULTRA Image SM - LG 1
           $image_sm_1_count_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " where products_image_sm_1='" . $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_previous_image_sm_1'] . "'");
           $image_sm_1_count = tep_db_fetch_array($image_sm_1_count_query);
           if (($HTTP_POST_VARS['delete_image_sm_1'] == 'yes') && ($image_sm_1_count['total']<= '1')) {
               unlink(DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES . $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_previous_image_sm_1']);
           }
           $image_xl_1_count_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " where products_image_xl_1='" . $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_previous_image_xl_1'] . "'");
           $image_xl_1_count = tep_db_fetch_array($image_xl_1_count_query);
           if (($HTTP_POST_VARS['delete_image_xl_1'] == 'yes') && ($image_xl_1_count['total']<= '1')) {
               unlink(DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES . $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_previous_image_xl_1']);
           }

This is from /admin/includes/functions/general.php - lines 14 thru 30:

// Redirect to another page or site
 function tep_redirect($url) {
   global $logger;

if ( (strstr($url, "\n") != false) || (strstr($url, "\r") != false) ) {
     tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, '', 'NONSSL', false));
   }

header('Location: ' . $url);

if (STORE_PAGE_PARSE_TIME == 'true') {
     if (!is_object($logger)) $logger = new logger;
     $logger->timer_stop();
   }

exit;
 }

I have not added any contributions for some time now. So not sure what happen that would cause such an error message. In fact, it only happens when deleting additional images.

Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

I have added your best display addon but have run into a problem. Not sure if I missed adding or uploading something but when I go to log into my admin I get this error:

Not Found

The requested URL /401.shtml was not found on this server.

I am going to mysite.com/admin

Any help???

Thank you in advance.

Heather

• 2 weeks later...

I have added this to my new site but I want to use the STS sytem for templates . It all works fine but when I click a image the image dont show ? The lightbox does everything it should , When I click to close the lightbox I then see my image for a split sec almost like its behind it ? I have checked everything I know .

• 3 weeks later...