• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Authorize.net issues, "There has been an error processing your credit card"

serpicolugnut

Not sure what happened, but I had a OSCommerce 2.2 rc2 install setup and working fine with Authorize.net, and all of a sudden this week we discovered it wasn't processing transactions. When the user enters their CC info and clicks submit, they get this msg:

"There has been an error processing your credit card

Please try again and if problems persist, please try another payment method."

My first attempt to fix involved regenerating a transaction key and reinstalling in the module. No effect.

Next, I contacted Authorize.net and they asked for the error code. When I told them it wasn't displaying one, they pointed me to a forum post here which told of how to enable it in the authorize_cc_aim.php file. I tried that, but it still doesn't display any error code when the error above is returned.

Anybody have any ideas on how to enable the payment module to display error codes? According to the comments in the module, I'm using version 1803 2008-01-11 .

Thanks.

Sounds similar to a problem I had a couple of months ago. Ended up being a security upgrade to our website. Something has changed if it just stopped working.

Have you install any contributions recently? If you haven't changed anything on your site, check with your hosting company, have they recently done any upgrades or changes on the host computer?

Ask them to check the firewall on the host computer, make sure port 443 is open and https://secure.authorize.net is not being blocked.

Authorize.Net is a great company, but they will not admit if anything goes wrong on their end. Just keep looking for anything that may have changed with your setup.

Frank

• 1 month later...
Sounds similar to a problem I had a couple of months ago. Ended up being a security upgrade to our website. Something has changed if it just stopped working.

Have you install any contributions recently? If you haven't changed anything on your site, check with your hosting company, have they recently done any upgrades or changes on the host computer?

Ask them to check the firewall on the host computer, make sure port 443 is open and https://secure.authorize.net is not being blocked.

Authorize.Net is a great company, but they will not admit if anything goes wrong on their end. Just keep looking for anything that may have changed with your setup.

Frank

Hey, did you ever get this resolved? I am running into the same error and i see no error codes whatsoever so Authorize.net cannot help me. I even tried installing another contrib for authorize.net, which worked in test mode, took it right out of test mode and placed into live mode and i immediately get redirected to the checkout_payment page with the same error as with the old contrib. Should I call go daddy again and see if they have port 443 open, which i would assume would be because I have SSL installed.

I am currently just learning osCommerce and PHP, but am always willing to help out.

Have successfully installed the following: Discount Coupons, UPS shipping module, Ultimate SEO URL's, Easy Meta Tags for SEO 1.0, Google XML Sitemap SEO v1.3, HTML Editor for Email and Newsletters.

• 1 month later...
Hey, did you ever get this resolved? I am running into the same error and i see no error codes whatsoever so Authorize.net cannot help me. I even tried installing another contrib for authorize.net, which worked in test mode, took it right out of test mode and placed into live mode and i immediately get redirected to the checkout_payment page with the same error as with the old contrib. Should I call go daddy again and see if they have port 443 open, which i would assume would be because I have SSL installed.

Has anyone found a solution? I'm in the same situation. Please help.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm not sure which Auth.Net module you're using, but I've seen some that use an annoying approach to error reporting. When Auth.Net replies to your transaction request, they send back an error text every time with at least minimally _useful_ information about why it failed. The problem is that the module often dumbs it down for our "benefit" rather than actually pass through the real error message from Auth.net. I suppose that this is a preference, but if you _really_ want to see the error coming back, look for something like this:

if ($regs[0] <> '1') {
	$ecode = ' Error Code: ' . $regs[2] . '. ';
	switch ($regs[2]) {
	case '6':
	$error = $ecode . ' The credit card number is invalid. ';
	break;

case '7':
	$error = $ecode . ' The credit card expiration date is invalid. ';
	break;

case '8':
	$error = $ecode . ' The credit card has expired. ';
	break;

case '17':
	$error = $ecode . ' The merchant does not accept this type of credit card. ';
	break;

case '28':
	$error = $ecode . ' The merchant does not accept this type of credit card. ';
	break;

case '78':
	$error = $ecode . ' The Card Code (CVV2/CVC2/CID) is invalid. ';
	break;

default:
	$error = $ecode . ' ' . $regs[3];
	break;
	}

and change it to be like this:

if ($regs[0] <> '1') {
	$ecode = ' Error Code: ' . $regs[2] . '. ';
	switch ($regs[2]) {
	case '6':
	//$error = $ecode . ' The credit card number is invalid. ';
	break;

case '7':
	//$error = $ecode . ' The credit card expiration date is invalid. ';
	break;

case '8':
	//$error = $ecode . ' The credit card has expired. ';
	break;

case '17':
	//$error = $ecode . ' The merchant does not accept this type of credit card. ';
	break;

case '28':
	//$error = $ecode . ' The merchant does not accept this type of credit card. ';
	break;

case '78':
	//$error = $ecode . ' The Card Code (CVV2/CVC2/CID) is invalid. ';
	break;

default:
	break;
	}

Note that your code may look a bit different, but if you actually look at it instead of just copying and pasting, you can see the differences. The main change is using $regs[3] instead of some pre-defined (by the contrib author) error message text. Note that these changes I've pasted above will _always_ show Authorize.Net's response text in the case of an error. You can see all of the error codes in Auth.Net's developer pages, but if my customers were getting error messages, I'd like them to be able to tell me what the actual error is rather than some generic error that I can't do much with.

-jared

If somebody wants to update an Auth.Net module with the above, that'd be peachy. I've been meaning to for quite some time, but let myself be too occupied with other things.

-jared

• 1 year later...

Anyone?

I also have it...and can't get it...and tried a million work arounds.

Did you ever solve this problem I'm having the same issue. I just applied for an SSL certificate to see if that helps but I really cant find any answers anywhere to something that seems like a very common problem.

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

AIM no longer requires the md5 hash. After banging my head against my desk for three days trying to figure out what is going on, I simply removed the md5 hash from the osCommerce options and left the field blank. It works now.

• 7 months later...

My stores were working great...then all of a sudden they quite taking CC. What's up here?

Well I've tried a bunch of suggestions here and none seem to work. Removing the md5 did not work. I've double triple checked the

Log ID / Transaction Key in oscommerce and I'm still getting

"Please try again and if problems persist, please try another payment method."

Appreciate any suggestions.

If I can't get this figured out I'm going to have to switch all my stores...which I don't want to do. Anyone please have suggestions on what's going on here.?

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I'm having this issue too... I can't find any support "anywhere" to get this problem resolved. I am using the latest AIM module offered in the osCommerce modules panel. I've tried everything that everyone listed above.

Thanks for any help...

S