• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

HELP! My shopping cart is appearing below my website!

CroonerJE

I could really use some help here... and am happy to throw a few bucks to someone who can REALLY help.

I am using PayPal Website Payments Pro. Works perfectly.

I THINK... that AFTER installing the updated shopping carts scripts (provided by paypal), that any operation involving the shopping cart (add to cart, checkout, etc)... these pages began appearing at the bottom of page, instead of within the designated section at right of the page.

I have made NUMEROUS efforts to reach some at www.scriptsfeed.com - the template provider - they will not answer any of my emails.

Go to www.terrificbigbandcharts.com and add one of the New Products to the cart. You can see firsthand.

The revised scripts are...

checkout_confirmation.php

checkout_payment.php

checkout_success.php

checkout_shipping.php

create_account.php

ec_process.php

shopping_cart.php

I REALLY WOULD DEEPLY APPRECIATE SOME HELP.

John

You have an html mismatch possibly in the shopping_cart.php but hard to tell since you are using a template.

A guess would be you have to many </td> after column_left.php ends. look in the shopping cart .php file it shouls start with a <table> tag and end with a </table>.

HTML can be hard to track down. You might try view source on a working page and view source on the broken page and compare them.

You might try w3c page checker too. It may expose where the trouble lies.

How do you know when you know what you want to do for the rest of your life?

maybe the paypal script has the width set too wide so I would check those first, or It looks like the width or float has been reset in the CSS/HTML coding for the template wnen you added your paypal scripts. Though I cant tell without knowing exactly what you did to have this happen.

Good point. I meant to tell you the "BOX_WIDTH" called in the script for column width is not defined.

Slip the following into application_top.php

// customization for the design layout
 define('BOX_WIDTH', 125); // how wide the boxes should be in pixels (default: 125)

In shopping_cart.php change:

<!-- left_navigation_eof //-->
</td></tr></tbody></table>
<!-- body_text //-->

to

</td>
<td valign="top" width="100%">
<!-- body_text //-->

That will probably work in IE (it does in the web developer plugin in Firefox).

Then there a boatload of useless code dealing with a non existant column right you should trash, but I'm not going there...

:huh:

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Thank you. I added the BOX WIDTH command. No change, but thank you for noticing that.

The upgrade did not involve the css (at least directly). I am very new to css and php, but can find my way around quite well.

Very frustrating. I have managed to make some nice visual tweaks to my site with no negative effects, but I am quite certain that after the paypal integration that this happened.

I WELCOME YOUR EXPERTISE GREATLY!!!

Good point. I meant to tell you the "BOX_WIDTH" called in the script for column width is not defined.

Slip the following into application_top.php

// customization for the design layout
 define('BOX_WIDTH', 125); // how wide the boxes should be in pixels (default: 125)

OK Germ... we're getting there. Please go back and have a look.

I am using Firefox BTW... cart is now in proper sector... but sizing is weird.

Please advise.

Thank you. I added the BOX WIDTH command. No change, but thank you for noticing that.

The upgrade did not involve the css (at least directly). I am very new to css and php, but can find my way around quite well.

Very frustrating. I have managed to make some nice visual tweaks to my site with no negative effects, but I am quite certain that after the paypal integration that this happened.

I WELCOME YOUR EXPERTISE GREATLY!!!

OK I did the work for you. Yes I am not a happy camper. If you had done like I said and compared a good file to the bad one you would see this in shopping cart.php view source.

<td width="125" valign="top"><table border="0" width="125" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<!-- left_navigation //-->

<table border="0"cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" class="box_width_left">

Opening two tables??? Hello!

I'm done.

I see:

</td>

<!-- body_text //-->
<td width="100%" valign="top">

Not exactly what I posted...

:blush:

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

Did I say something wrong Tim? Bear with me... really excited you guys are coming through, but bear with me.

As far as comparing goes... I would need to know WHAT I was comparing! Hope you understand. I appreciate you.

The html you provided me with moments ago... where to place it? Right below the coding that "Germ" provided?

Thank you again

OK I did the work for you. Yes I am not a happy camper. If you had done like I said and compared a good file to the bad one you would see this in shopping cart.php view source.

<td width="125" valign="top"><table border="0" width="125" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<!-- left_navigation //-->

<table border="0"cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" class="box_width_left">

Opening two tables??? Hello!

I'm done.

This is what I see in the HTML source in Firefox:

</td>
<!-- body_text //-->
[color="#FF0000"]    </td><td valign="top" width="100%">[/color]

Remove the code I put in RED

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

Archived