• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

free shipping by categories support thread

• 11 months later...

Hi;

I have this contrib installed but have run into a snag. I also have Order Editor installed

and am now receiving this error when I try to manually edit an order :

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_categories_name() in /home/content/l/a/d/ladykdelights/html/catalog/includes/modules/shipping/freecats.php on line 80

Does any one know of a fix for this? Any help would be most appreciated smile.gif

I got the same issues when I trying to use this add on with order edit function.

yes, if you look at the instructions there is a function, tep_get_categories_name, that needs to be added to catalog\includes\functions\general.php

This same function needs to be added also to catalog\admin\includes\functions\general.php

//Begin: Added per Free Shipping by Category
function tep_get_categories_name($cID, $language = ''){
  global $languages_id;
	 if (!tep_not_null($language))
 	  $language = $languages_id;

$cname = tep_db_fetch_array(tep_db_query('select categories_name from '.TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION.' where categories_id="'.$cID.'" and language_id="'.$language.'"'));

return  $cname['categories_name'];
}
//End: Added per Free Shipping by Category

Edited by d-woo

• 1 month later...

I don't know if anybody is still interessed but i have solution for the most of your problems.

The error is made by the script itself because it uses table zones to geozones.

So when you add it in admin section and chose for state to ship it will look for your country id in that table.

Be sure yuo have configured your zone in here.

That should solve most problems.

Any question i'm free to answer.

• 4 months later...

Ok, I narrowed it down to this bit of code

if ( MODULE_SHIPPING_FREECATS_ONLY_OR_ANY == 'Only' ){		
//check if product id exist elsewhere except free cats
$check_query = tep_db_query('select * from '.TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES.' where categories_id not in ('.MODULE_SHIPPING_FREECATS_CATEGORIES.') and products_id in ('.$pID_list.')');
if (tep_db_num_rows($check_query)){
	$is_free = false;
}
}

Basically if you have Only selected then it checks if product id exist elsewhere except free cats.

Just need to write it to say, check if all products are in FREECATS

How?

I have the same problem !!!

Would you please tell me where i have to past the above code provided by you ??? pl;ease !!

I've tested this contribution, seems to be working quite well.

However, I noticed one problem I'm trying to fix.

I have products in CAT1, and CAT1 offers free shipping for all products in CAT1 - Works great.

However, I can't get Free shipping to work if I add products from CAT1 and CAT2 ( Free shipping is not allowd for the products from this CAT2 ) both at a time in my cart.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance !!

• 3 weeks later...

I also have a problem...

I get this error

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_draw_pull_multiselect_menu() in /home/www/morsunivers.dk/kontrolpanel/includes/functions/general.php on line 1642

And the problem is this:

$string = tep_draw_pull_multiselect_menu($name,tep_get_categories(), $value_array,' size="8" ');

But why?

• 3 weeks later...

tried installing this on OSC 2.3.1.. as soon as i click "checkout" after adding an item to my cart i get this:

1054 - Unknown column 'Array' in 'where clause'

select * from products_to_categories where categories_id not in (Array) and products_id in (60)

[TEP STOP]

any suggestions?

Edited by ndamico

tried installing this on OSC 2.3.1.. as soon as i click "checkout" after adding an item to my cart i get this:

any suggestions?

Did you get an answer to that? I'm having the same issue!

• 1 month later...

In case anyone else has this issue, you have to make this module first in the sort order, and also if you have a base tar weight you will need to add it in after the product is free, as this is not included in the calculation of weight if products that are not free are in the cart as well.

Edited by dsolutions

• 2 weeks later...

I thought that I might explain my issue better.

I have it working to reduce the cost to show the proper shipping amount on the checkout shipping page along with the weight, but for some reason, when I get to the checkout_confirmation page it has the total weight and cost before the mixed cart reduction. Does anyone know what could be happening that would cause it to not relay the reduced cost and method?

Thanks