• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Only business name is passed to paypal.

JonathonH

This forum is so helpful! Without experience of OS commerce and knowing little PHP, I've successfully installed OS Commerce and everything is working properly after several hours. Correctly installed Canadian taxes, tweaked experience and functionality to my liking, but one thing I cannot figure out. When setting up Paypal Standard, if I do a test transaction, the only value that is passed to PayPal is the website name that's listed in the OS Commerce admin page.

How do I get OS Commerce to pass along the info regarding WHAT the person actually purchased, so that it appears on the paypal invoice? This is likely a stupid question, but I haven't been able to figure it out.

Any help would be appreciated.

Can someone help with this??

This forum is so helpful! Without experience of OS commerce and knowing little PHP, I've successfully installed OS Commerce and everything is working properly after several hours. Correctly installed Canadian taxes, tweaked experience and functionality to my liking, but one thing I cannot figure out. When setting up Paypal Standard, if I do a test transaction, the only value that is passed to PayPal is the website name that's listed in the OS Commerce admin page.

How do I get OS Commerce to pass along the info regarding WHAT the person actually purchased, so that it appears on the paypal invoice? This is likely a stupid question, but I haven't been able to figure it out.

Any help would be appreciated.

Can someone help with this??

Hi JonathonH

I have implemented THIS contribution to achieve the effect I think you're after. This passes the users shopping_cart session details to PayPal which in turn show's the customers cart item(s) in the PayPal order. It needs a bit of 'tweaking' on the design side, but works well off the shelf. Give it a go...

Regards,

James