• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Authorize.net problem - error occurred while trying to report this transaction to the merchant

teatoenjoy

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to use the Authorize.net SIM MS2.2 from Aug 2007 to connect to Authorize.net. I need to use the SIM module because I do not have an SSL certificate for my site. When I process an order in test I get the error displayed :

An error occurred while trying to report this transaction to the merchant. An e-mail has been sent to the merchant informing them of the error. The following is the result of the attempt to charge your credit card.

This transaction has been approved.

It is advisable for you to contact the merchant to verify that you will receive the product or service.

I have found forum postings for issues simiar to this ( like error 52 ) but I cant seem to find anything specific on what this issue is or how it would be fixed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Darren

One thing I have noticed is that there is no interface in the Admin UI for this component to configure the MD5 HASH. I do have this turned on at Authorize.net. Maybe that is causing the issue above. I congigured it at Authorize.net becasue a previous module I tried said it was an option. It cant see an easy way at the website to disable the MD5 HASh feature so I'll have to wait till their support opens at 6 AM PST ( can you believe they are not 24 hr support? )

• 1 year later...