Latest News: (loading..)
Sign in to follow this  
jalung

Smoothe Populate

I'm importing products into OSC with SP. Everything is basically working okay, with one exception: the existing category and manufacturer images are being blanked out during the import.

For example, I've already set up the category "CatA" and the manufacturer "MfgA" in OSC, both with images. I then import a few products, one of which is in category CatA and from manufacturer MfgA. Once the import is finished, I look at the details for CatA and MfgA and neither has an image associated with it.

I tried removing all the related image fields from the import but that made no difference. I understand from the documentation that if a manufacturer or a category processed during import is already in the OSC database, the image will be updated. But that only makes sense if I want to update the image. What if I'm importing new products with existing categories and manufacturers and I have no interest in changing their images?

Weird.

This is unintended behaviour and is confirmed to be the case. One work-around until an update is published is to employ the brute force method of copying the category & manufacturer images to catalog/images/products/originals and under the respective image field in the csv put the name of the image for every new entry concerned.

Or you can simply put the name of the image in the category/manufacturer field if you know the image exists for all the new records.

It is in 3.0a5. I am exporting the whole layout, and trying to reinsert. It is making changes to the products that already exist in the store, but it refuses to add new ones. I tried it manually and it wont even let me add new products manually at this point.

More information is needed for anyone to help. Are you using Smoothe Populate and osC 3.0a5? If so, you should export a complete layout, make the changes and and re-import.

If you have new products with variants, these should be created manually in admin. If you exported products with variants they will be reimported too with the rest of them, but you must know what you are doing if you manually modify these kinds of records (variants) in the csv.

It is in 3.0a5. I am exporting the whole layout, and trying to reinsert. It is making changes to the products that already exist in the store, but it refuses to add new ones. I tried it manually and it wont even let me add new products manually at this point.

Based on what you have said so far it seems there may be compatibility problems with SP and your mysql or the data you are importing. That error message is from a bad mysql query action.

Are there any error messages from SP itself? This will be at the top of the screen or at the bottom after the run.

Does it crash or completes normally?

Are all your keywords unique?

Check to see if you are using mysql ver > 5.0.77.

SP version 1.2 released.

This version address some important fixes, an upgrade is recommended.

STEPS:

- Backup your database as usual.

- Install package

- Do a complete export in .zip format

- Re-import without making changes

The error comes up after the run, same place other SP related errors were coming up before I fixed those. It does run normally, but sometimes it makes me log in again afterwards. All the keywords are unique. I'll try and check the SQL version, why would different sql versions cause a crash?

Also, I get the same error word for word trying to add products through the regular GUI too. Beginning to think it may be a general database problem.

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it.

The error comes up after the run, same place other SP related errors were coming up before I fixed those. It does run normally, but sometimes it makes me log in again afterwards. All the keywords are unique. I'll try and check the SQL version, why would different sql versions cause a crash?

Also, I get the same error word for word trying to add products through the regular GUI too. Beginning to think it may be a general database problem.

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it.

The SQL version matters because OSC requires mysql >5 but early versions of mysql 5 have known deficiencies. You need one greater than or equal to 5.0.77. Also it matters in the same way when your host changes from mysql 4 to 5 and you store stops working. The stock osc 3.0a5 has a few issues that you need to fix. One of them is the product delete from the admin; it leaves crap behind that needs to be cleaned out. I'm not saying that this is the problem, but you should go through the bug reports and do some checking.

SP 1.2 deals a lot better with some of the entries left behind like in the above case.

I'm importing products into OSC with SP. Everything is basically working okay, with one exception: the existing category and manufacturer images are being blanked out during the import.

FYI this is definitely fixed in SP 1.2. Yay!

Edited by jrivett

Please.. I need lots of help. :( I downloaded Smoothe Populate from http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6835/v,30 and I have osCommerce v3.0 installed. I just don't know how to install Smoothe Populate ... any help would be greatly appreciated.... I'm so lost. :blink:

Hi,

Please read this document.

---

Thanks and regards

Marsy from Hungary

Hello all,

SP 1.3 released.

This release is considered stable and 100% compatible with osC3a5. All outstanding issues are fixed. Please upgrade and give a test drive.

is there a known issue if you are not using the manufacturers or date available fields/modules?

Notice: Undefined index: date_available in /home/pressure/public_html/onlinestore/admin/includes/applications/smoothepopulate/functions/smoothepopulate_functions_custom.php on line 147

Notice: Undefined index: v_manufacturers_id in /home/pressure/public_html/onlinestore/admin/includes/applications/smoothepopulate/functions/smoothepopulate_functions_custom.php on line 197

it seems that when i try to export the fact that these values are not populated in my products table is causing this error :( any thoughts?

is there a known issue if you are not using the manufacturers or date available fields/modules?

Notice: Undefined index: date_available in /home/pressure/public_html/onlinestore/admin/includes/applications/smoothepopulate/functions/smoothepopulate_functions_custom.php on line 147

Notice: Undefined index: v_manufacturers_id in /home/pressure/public_html/onlinestore/admin/includes/applications/smoothepopulate/functions/smoothepopulate_functions_custom.php on line 197

it seems that when i try to export the fact that these values are not populated in my products table is causing this error :( any thoughts?

These are not an errors nor are they issues, but notices that "manufacturer" and "date available" attributes are not specified for your product. You can ignore these. Attempts were made to minimise these sorts of notices, but not all situations and possibilities were covered.

Hello!

I get the following error message when I try to download and create:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /***/public_html/store/admin/includes/applications/smoothepopulate/includes/configdef.php:1) in /***/public_html/store/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 46

Maybe someone can help?

Thanks!

Headers Already Sent

Click the link above for an explanation.

The problem is in /store/admin/includes/applications/smoothepopulate/includes/configdef.php (line 1)

The opening PHP tag:

<?php

MUST be at the very beginning of the file, no blank lines or spaces preceding it.

Another possibility:

click me

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

configdef.php is one of the first files loaded for the SP GUI. Do you see any output/messages at the top of the screen when looking at the GUI before you run the export?

When you request help, provide as much info as you can like version numbers of php, mysql, oscommerce and if you are running in a frame like joomla etc.

Edited by jalung

Thanks! The following is my server information:

Server OS: Linux 2.6.18-128.7.1.el5PAE

Database: MySQL

HTTP Server: Apache/2.2.13 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.13 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4

FrontPage/5.0.2.2635

PHP Version: PHP: 5.2.6 / Zend: 2.2.0

I'm running osCommeerce v3.0a5.

I did have an empty space at the end of the file, but the problem in the end was the fact it was saved as UTF-8 with BOM, as suggested in solution two. It's working now, thanks a lot for the help!

Dovi

I downloaded the Sept 09 version and unzipped the php file. Don't see any instructions?

I assume you replace the two files formerly in the functions folder with the one file.

I assume you replace the two files formerly in the functions folder with the one file.

'Sept 09' upload is a single file, not the full package! Assuming you have installed SP 1.3 , overwrite one single installed file with this new file.

file in question: ../smoothepopulate/functions/smoothepopulate_functions.php

Hi, I've installed the latest version of SP but when I try to download a complete csv file I get this message:

Error : Load PHP's "zip\zlib" extensions for compressed output or select "none" for no compression.

I have looked at the server info under tools and it is now giving me this message:

Warning: mysql_get_server_info() [function.mysql-get-server-info]: Access denied for user 'ex-military.org'@'srv97.one.com' (using password: NO) in /customers/ex-military.org/ex-military.org/httpd.www/qms/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 80

Warning: mysql_get_server_info() [function.mysql-get-server-info]: A link to the server could not be established in /customers/ex-military.org/ex-military.org/httpd.www/qms/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 80

Server Information

Server Host: () Database Host: localhost (127.0.0.1)

Server OS: Database: MySQL

Server Date: 11/19/2009 15:54:42 Database Date: 11/19/2009 15:54:42

Server Up Time:

Database Up Time: 33:55

HTTP Server: Apache PHP Version: PHP: 5.2.10 / Zend: 2.2.0 (more info)

Could someone please suggest what might be going wrong? Thank you in advance by the way. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hi, I've installed the latest version of SP but when I try to download a complete csv file I get this message:

Error : Load PHP's "zip\zlib" extensions for compressed output or select "none" for no compression.

I have looked at the server info under tools and it is now giving me this message:

Warning: mysql_get_server_info() [function.mysql-get-server-info]: Access denied for user 'ex-military.org'@'srv97.one.com' (using password: NO) in /customers/ex-military.org/ex-military.org/httpd.www/qms/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 80

Warning: mysql_get_server_info() [function.mysql-get-server-info]: A link to the server could not be established in /customers/ex-military.org/ex-military.org/httpd.www/qms/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 80

Server Information

Server Host: () Database Host: localhost (127.0.0.1)

Server OS: Database: MySQL

Server Date: 11/19/2009 15:54:42 Database Date: 11/19/2009 15:54:42

Server Up Time:

Database Up Time: 33:55

HTTP Server: Apache PHP Version: PHP: 5.2.10 / Zend: 2.2.0 (more info)

Could someone please suggest what might be going wrong? Thank you in advance by the way. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You do not have zip functions available in your PHP installation. The "Quick Links" default to zip downloads.

Under "Export SP or Froogle Product File" select "none" for no compression and "Complete" from the drop down menus and build the file uncompressed. Note: Downloading and uploading uncompressed plain text files with quotes and special characters over http can leave your data format inconsistent.

Mysql messages you received under tools are unrelated to SP. The user your apache server is running as is not a user in mysql. Read here http://forums.oscommerce.com/topic/339380-smoothe-populate/page__view__findpost__p__1417340

Hello,

SP version 1.4 released.

Minor changes have been made which includes:

* "none" as a value can be entered in v_date_avail, v_categories_image_x

and v_manufacturers_image. This is in order to blank out or delete these

attributes in database for the respective products on import.

* A blank value in v_specials_product_price will now delete specials for product

But i alway's had problems to see the advantage of easypopulate , and now that there's osc3(beta) , i see it is still go/will and needed to be used.

Easy Populate for osC 2.x and Smoothe Populate for osC 3.0a5 serve the same purpose of populating an oscommerce store with products. Let's Say you had a 6000 product csv from a supplier or you exported a comparable amount of records from your database to a csv. You could run an excel macro against it to just update the prices for example and move the columns to fit SP or EP and then load them in your store instead of adding or changing these products individually using the admin interface.

But i alway's thought that the csv output would generate a fancy layout in excell ( yes ofcourse i tryed this contribution).

But as that never was the case , and i abandoned this contribution , couse it was to hard to understand for me and the potential osc cliënts i had, i never "pointed to it".

Now i do believe that there are users who take advantage of this contribution in a GUI (graphical user interface) inside excell (office/openoffice).

But how does that look?

How is it simplified for the end-user?

Can someone who uses this post a screenshot HOW he/she use it?

There isnt an "excel GUI" of these contributions.

And not just for me , but also for other osc users who ignoring this contribution.I truly think i have a point here...dont you?

If you have a small store the benefits may not be apparent. You could conceivably type up 20 products in much less time than it would take to write a macro that manipulates incoming data to fit SP or EP expected format.

You are correct in your understanding that some expertise in excel is necessary. The input/output is a plain .csv or tab .txt excel file. Your skilled staff should be able to manipulate large amounts of data from external sources and then use SP or EP as a means of getting it in your osC store.

More information is available in the documentation provided with these packages, but in a nutshell, you simply install the program , export your existing products to a csv, update it in excel (fix typos, prices, mark products for delete etc.) and reimport it.

Thanks for the feedback.

Edited by jalung

Hello,

I need some help.

You say "ImageMagick must also be installed for automatic resizing of images"

But where can i find that.

I had imagemagick in my running 2.2 store but i dont know where i got it from :blush:

Can you help me out?

If you need server details let me know.

Best regards,

jasper