• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Receiving a "general error" although payments are procssing

spankaveli

This is my first post to the forum but I have an interesting (to me) issue.

Whenever I process payments through either authorize.net module (aim or sim), after I enter card information, i am brought back to the payment information page with an error at the top in red that reads "Please try again and if problems persist, please try another payment method." The page url i'm brought to is ".../checkout_payment.php?payment_error=authorizenet_cc_aim&error=general"

What makes this interesting is that my payments are processing. I receive an email from authorize with a receipt (the buyer) and also a merchant receipt and the payment shows up in my authorize.net account.

Does anyone know what the problem might be?

eta: i receive the same error regardless of whether i choose authorize or capture processing method.

Edited by spankaveli

Do you get any errors in test mode? When you look at the transaction details in A.net are there any errors shown there? I've had transactions that went through but still had an error showing on A.net that were helpful in locating problems.

you mean test mode on authorize or osc?