• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SEO Header Tags v5

zefeena

I've gone through the installation instructions. Put all the files in place, then it says (How to...) as below. When i paste the code it says syntax error and my website is no more. I've swapped it back to the original, and the sites loading fine again. Surely there can't be an error in the code, else it would happen to everyone. So waht have i done wrong???

How to use - adding dynamic header tags to your shop

1. Open index.php (under the catalog folder or your web root) for edit:

Find this code::

} else {

$category_depth = 'products'; // category has no products, but display the 'no products' message

}

}

}

Replace with::

} else {

$category_depth = 'products'; // category has no products, but display the 'no products' message

}

}

//get current category tags when a category is selected

$cat_tags_query = tep_db_query("SELECT categories_name, title_tag, desc_tag, keywords_tag FROM " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' AND language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

$cat_tags = tep_db_fetch_array($cat_tags_query);

$categories_name = $cat_tags['categories_name'];

$title_tag = $cat_tags['title_tag'];

$desc_tag = $cat_tags['desc_tag'];

$keywords_tag = $cat_tags['keywords_tag'];

//set default

$kws_home_default = $categories_name;

$desc_home_default = $categories_name;

$title_home_default = $categories_name;

} else {

//no category is selected: randomly select category names as keywords

$cat_names_query = tep_db_query("SELECT categories_name FROM " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " WHERE language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'" . " ORDER BY RAND()");

$kws_home_default = "";

$num_rows = tep_db_num_rows($cat_names_query);

if ($num_rows > 20){

$i = rand(1,$num_rows);

for ($count = $i; $count < $i + 20; $count++) {

$cat_names = tep_db_fetch_array($cat_names_query);

$kws_home_default .= $cat_names['categories_name'] . ', ';

}

} else {

while ($cat_names = tep_db_fetch_array($cat_names_query)){

$kws_home_default .= $cat_names['categories_name'] . ', ';

}

}

//default title tag for the index (home) page

$title_home_default = "ENTER YOUR DEFAULT TITLE TEXT HERE";

//default keywords for the index (home) page

$kws_home_default .= STORE_NAME;

//default Description for the index (home) page

$desc_home_default = "ENTER YOUR DEFAULT DESCRIPTION TAG TEXT HERE FOR THE HOME PAGE";

}

NB: Replace the above "ENTER YOUR DEFAULT TITLE TEXT HERE" and "ENTER YOUR DEFAULT DESCRIPTION TAG TEXT HERE FOR THE HOME PAGE" with your default Title (in addition to the store name) and Description for the home page.

Running a botched up version of  osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 bootstrap with the dresscode theme installed, numerous add-ons, terrible coding, terrible website, but will have to make do until I have made up for my losses and can risk shutting down for a couple of weeks while I start all over again. - I did not install my program but am endeavouring to fix it with your help.

...NB: Replace the above "ENTER YOUR DEFAULT TITLE TEXT HERE" and "ENTER YOUR DEFAULT DESCRIPTION TAG TEXT HERE FOR THE HOME PAGE" with your default Title (in addition to the store name) and Description for the home page...

the official support thread is Here

No one has ever reported such an error.

make sute you dont paste the "NB: Replace....." into the index.php file.

Ken

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

over 20 years of computer programming experience.