• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SalesForce

Jack_mcs

I think I must modify the other contributes (Send HTLM, Order Email Text, Email order text, etc) and integrate the code of this.

Those types of contributions usually use a different email function or maybe an edited one. So you would need to find how they are sending the emails differently and change the code in this contribution to match it. Asking in the support thread for that contribution may be the best way to find out what format is needed.

In other hand, the extrange bug of Duplicated Salesmen is not problem of this contribution. Began to fail after installing SPPC.

SPPC changes many, many parts of the code and installing contributions into a shop with it installed is not always easy. You need to check for conditions in the code, like if (customer_group..., and place the code from this contribution in the appropriate place. I know that is a very general statement but I haven't installed Sales Force into a shop with SPPC so I can't say what to look for off the top of my head.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello guys,

I thought in some like this:

a) create a sales_rep_id field at customers table at DB;

B) at /admin/customers.php when edit the customer account, show the reps list and let the administrator choose the exclusive rep to this customer;

c) change the catalog/checkout_confirmation.php and instead show the drop list to the customers select the rep name, only show the name of the sale rep linked at your account.

The next steps are the same, go to the next pages carrying the sales_rep name linked to the customer and register your sale.

Is it possible?

If anyone knows how to create this modification, just reply and we will talk about costs.

Fabio Silva

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

I hope I am in the right place, if not please direct me to the proper forum.

I am a newbie and still have a lot to learn.

I downloaded the Sales Force, extracted it, and uploaded the files to a clean install of oscommerce.

I followed the instructions my service provider gave me for creating a new MySQL database.

(I really didn't think I needed to create a new one called salesforce)

I do not know how to get the salesforce.sql to the proper place on my server.

I see the Sales Force in the admin section but when I click on it I get a page that displays this:

1146 - Table 'C250884_oscommerce2.sales_groups' doesn't exist

select count(*) as ttl from sales_groups

[TEP STOP]

Can anyone help me with getting this setup properly? I have been working on it for two days and going back and forth with technical support. Maybe I am just not asking them the right questions?

None the less, I am very frustrated.

Your help is more than welcome and appreciated.

dink

Maybe some day I will be as smart as all of you.

Hello all,

I hope I am in the right place, if not please direct me to the proper forum.

I am a newbie and still have a lot to learn.

I downloaded the Sales Force, extracted it, and uploaded the files to a clean install of oscommerce.

I followed the instructions my service provider gave me for creating a new MySQL database.

(I really didn't think I needed to create a new one called salesforce)

I do not know how to get the salesforce.sql to the proper place on my server.

I see the Sales Force in the admin section but when I click on it I get a page that displays this:

1146 - Table 'C250884_oscommerce2.sales_groups' doesn't exist

select count(*) as ttl from sales_groups

[TEP STOP]

Can anyone help me with getting this setup properly? I have been working on it for two days and going back and forth with technical support. Maybe

The error is saying the database change hasn't been made. Assuming you have a working oscommerce shop, you need to login to your hosts control panel and use the program named phpmyadmin to run the sql comands. Your host should be able to guide you through that, though some won't, or there are threads in these forums and on the web.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

The error is saying the database change hasn't been made. Assuming you have a working oscommerce shop, you need to login to your hosts control panel and use the program named phpmyadmin to run the sql comands. Your host should be able to guide you through that, though some won't, or there are threads in these forums and on the web.

Thanks, Jack.

Ok now for the really stupid question: What sql commands do I need to run?

Do I add a table or amend or something else?

dink

Thanks, Jack.

Ok now for the really stupid question: What sql commands do I need to run?

Do I add a table or amend or something else?

dink

I have resolved the issues. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction! It is working so far.

dink

Jack I have another problem.

I have deleted everything store, database, all files and directories on the server

then I reinstalled osc using the control panel on the server, uploaded the required tables via phpAdmin(got verification the 6 queries were successful)

Since it was a new install I just uploaded all your files as directed.

I set up a Sales Group, and Sales Reps in the admin part of the store.

I then setup a customer account on the store side and went shopping. I have tried different products from all the categories listed in the default install.

The products are added to the cart properly but when I click on checkout I am taken to a blank page.

(catalog/shopping_cart.php click checkout and go to catalog/checkout_shipping.php which is a blank page)

It doesn't make a difference if I click the checkout button or the icon at the top, I still get the same result.

I checked the tables in the database and the sales group and sales rep are correctly listed.

What is the fix for this one?

Dink

Since it was working before, the problem isn't related to your server and the contributon. It is almost certainly an installation problem. White pages usually indicate a file in the wrong location or an error on the page. If your host has error reporting turned off, you won't see such an error and will have to look at the error log to see if there are any problems.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jack,

I have moderate coding experience and have tried twice now (without 100% success) to add this to an osCMax cart. Is this something you might work on in the future or do you know if it's in the works by someone else?

Just looking to save a few hours perhaps :)

David

I have moderate coding experience and have tried twice now (without 100% success) to add this to an osCMax cart. Is this something you might work on in the future or do you know if it's in the works by someone else?

Just looking to save a few hours perhaps :)

It will work in any oscommerce based cart but it is against forum rules to offer support for other carts here.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

There are threads here on the forums for how to convert to 2.3. I don't know there but a quick search of google should allow you to find them.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

OKay didnt even use the archived post but converted on my own. For some reason I had a clear enough mind this morning that when I looked at it, it just clicked on how to get the menu in place. My next question is:

I do not know if this has to do with version, but when I try to make a report nothing is populated. no reps/groups or orders populate the temp.doc file. Am I missing something due to version or is it something else.

Update... Sorry If i am being pest. I realized I am having the same problem that caused me to uninstall this years ago with older version. When I checkout, and choose rep, after check sql for order info; there is no rep assigned. The repID does not pass through to the database. Can you direct me to where that problem could be. I was having this same problem with old version as well so it is not something missed in conversion or this install only.

No one has reported that problem. But I am aware of one coding error that might have to do with it. In admin/sales_group.php, find

case TEXT_CREATE_A_NEW_GROUP:
			 echo '<td align="center">' . tep_image_submit('button_new_file.gif', IMAGE_UPDATE, 'name="group_new"') . '</td>';
			 break;	 
		   default: 

and add this line under it

echo tep_draw_hidden_field('group_id', $group_id);	

Other than that, I would have to troubleshoot it and I can't do that in a support thread.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Okay, well tried that but didnt help the issue. The problem has to be somewhere in the area of the checkout shipping file, because when i choose rep from drop down menu it doesn't record in the database, and subsequently not in report. When I make the new group or rep it gets recorded in database. So I'll keep searching for where the problem is.

I thank you for trying to help me solve this issue. Too bad it wasn't an easy fix, or something that someone else was having a problem with. Thanks again.