• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Option Types v2

Zappo

Hi,

Just wanted to say this is a great contribution, but I'm having a little problem with it. When I first applied the mod to the store, it worked like a charm, but now whenever you try to add something to your shopping card you get this message:

Warning: unlink(images/temp/..) [function.unlink]: Is a directory in /home/gbtrophy/public_html/includes/application_top.php on line 374

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/gbtrophy/public_html/includes/application_top.php:374) in /home/gbtrophy/public_html/includes/functions/general.php on line 33

If you click the back button, it does actually add the item to the cart, but I'd like for it to do it without the error. Any ideas?

The only other mod that the store has is the purchase without an account contribution.

Please help if you can, I need this store up and running before Monday.

Thanks!

Edited by DandA

there's no real "quick fix" for either problem...
The quick fix for a store owner is to be careful about how the order in which they add option values and add an explicit order by in the value query, e.g something like
		$products_options_query = tep_db_query("select pov.products_options_values_id, pov.products_options_values_name, pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " pov where pa.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pa.options_id = '" . (int)$ProdOpt_ID . "' and pa.options_values_id = pov.products_options_values_id and pov.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by pov.products_options_values_id");

If the current behavior is to select the first value from the menu, then the desired value should be added first. Obviously, better fixes in the long term would require adding a sort order column that can be changed, as exists in other contributions and adding a "set as default" status for attributes (to allow for values other than the first to be selected).

Always back up before making changes.

Just wanted to say this is a great contribution, but I'm having a little problem with it. When I first applied the mod to the store, it worked like a charm, but now whenever you try to add something to your shopping card you get this message:

Warning: unlink(images/temp/..) [function.unlink]: Is a directory in /home/gbtrophy/public_html/includes/application_top.php on line 374

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/gbtrophy/public_html/includes/application_top.php:374) in /home/gbtrophy/public_html/includes/functions/general.php on line 33

If you click the back button, it does actually add the item to the card, but I'd like for it to do it without the error. Any ideas?

Strange error...

As I see it, the code tries to delete the directory ".."

To fix this, edit application_top.php:

FIND (As the error states, around line 374)

if ($file != ('.htaccess') && filemtime(TMP_DIR . $file) < strtotime(OPTIONS_TYPE_PURGETIME)) {
								unlink(TMP_DIR . $file);  // Delete file from server...

AND REPLACE WITH:

if ($file != ('.htaccess') && $file != ('.') && $file != ('..') && filemtime(TMP_DIR . $file) < strtotime(OPTIONS_TYPE_PURGETIME)) {
								unlink(TMP_DIR . $file);  // Delete file from server...

(Didn't test this, but I'm pretty sure it'll work)

Like Eek said... It never hurts to help!
----------------------------------------

No, it doesn't work with QTPro.

I don't know if anyone managed to integrate the two?...

I did manage to let them work besides each other.

But i still couldn't find a way to integrate them as i wish.

I still want to be able to show if a product is in or out off stock per attribute(combination).

I had QTPro installed before i installed this contribution.

Tell me if you have any problems anywhere and ten i will tell you what code if have there.

I have been working on this for some time and i can't seem to find the answer.

I have installed this awesome contribution and everything seems to work perfectly, except for one thing. When a user types some free text into the option on the product info page and then presses "Add to Cart" the option shows up with a value of "CUSTOMER-INPUT". However, when you go to checkout it does not show this, but shows the actually text that was typed in.

I know that CUSTOMER-INPUT is just the default value for the input. I have searched through the shopping_cart class and application_top and can't find anything. I also don't understand why it works in the order confirmation page and why not in the shopping cart page.

Any help would be great!!! Thanks so much.

Hi,

I've installed OT v2.1.1 into a fresh OSC 2.2rc2a installation. I've followed the install instructions to the letter, but I am not seeing any choices for the type of product option.

I.e. I have no facility to create radio buttons, check boxes etc. I'm stuck with only a text box.

I'm not much good with PHP or scripts in general, but would be grateful for any ideas or suggestions.

Thanks

Mark

capture.jpg

I hate to post twice, but I also cannot seem to get AJAX to work with this option types. It will say CUSTOMER-INPUT in the attribute manager, but when I go to the product page it is simply a drop-down with the option of "CUSTOMER-INPUT".

Thanks.

I hate to post twice, but I also cannot seem to get AJAX to work with this option types. It will say CUSTOMER-INPUT in the attribute manager, but when I go to the product page it is simply a drop-down with the option of "CUSTOMER-INPUT".

Thanks.

I also find this issue.

after I select image and add to cart, it will not go to shopping_cart.php and still on product)info.php page, but shopping cart box have add this quanlity.

any advice?

best Regards,

Firstly Great contribution - thank you for your efforts

How do I get rid of the progress bar showing in the front end?

In the Administration is the first Option you can change "Use progress bar" - i switched it to "text area" because there seems to be a sence for them since the textarea is not endless - but you're right - there should be an 4th option "None"

Hi,

I've installed OT v2.1.1 into a fresh OSC 2.2rc2a installation. I've followed the install instructions to the letter, but I am not seeing any choices for the type of product option.

I.e. I have no facility to create radio buttons, check boxes etc. I'm stuck with only a text box.

I'm not much good with PHP or scripts in general, but would be grateful for any ideas or suggestions.

Thanks

Mark

capture.jpg

i could see same in my installation

did you manage to sort it out some how?

i could see same in my installation

did you manage to sort it out some how?

OMG Guys!!!

I made a typo in the instructions for the removal of Products Attributes from products_attributes.php!!!!

In products_attributes.php FIND: (That's if you already made the changes)

<!-- options and values//-->
  <tr>
	<td width="100%"><table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
<?php
//BOF - Zappo - Option Types v2 - AttribManager - Rearanged Product options and Option Values
/*		  <tr>
		<td valign="top" width="50%"><table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
//EOF - Zappo - Option Types v2 - AttribManager - Rearanged Product options and Option Values
?>

And REPLACE WITH:

<!-- options and values//-->
  <tr>
	<td width="100%"><table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
<?php
//BOF - Zappo - Option Types v2 - AttribManager - Rearanged Product options and Option Values
/*		  <tr>
		<td valign="top" width="50%"><table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">*/
//EOF - Zappo - Option Types v2 - AttribManager - Rearanged Product options and Option Values
?>

Took me quite a while to find/think of that Typo... (notice the missing */)

It was your screenshots that gave the clue: You're also missing the "Options" part of products_attributes...

Sorry for the mistake guys! :blush:

(Didn't test b.t.w. but I suspect that'll do the trick)

Edited by Zappo

In the Administration is the first Option you can change "Use progress bar" - i switched it to "text area" because there seems to be a sence for them since the textarea is not endless - but you're right - there should be an 4th option "None"

You're both right, of course!

I don't really know why I didn't add that in the first place! (Think I was used to having the progress bar @ least with the TextArea, because that's how the "old" option types contribution works...)

Anyway, I don't have time for full updates 'n stuff, but thought I'd try and help some people out who posted here...

To add the option of using No Progress Bars @ all:

in catalog/includes/modules/option_types.php,

FIND: (Around line 42)
  if (OPTIONS_TYPE_PROGRESS != 'TextArea') {

AND REPLACE WITH:
  if (OPTIONS_TYPE_PROGRESS == 'Text' || OPTIONS_TYPE_PROGRESS == 'Both') {
-----------------------------
FIND: (Around line 57)
  if (OPTIONS_TYPE_PROGRESS != 'Text') {

AND REPLACE WITH:
  if (OPTIONS_TYPE_PROGRESS == 'TextArea' || OPTIONS_TYPE_PROGRESS == 'Both') {

If you already ran the SQL file (already installed Option Types v2), Run the following SQL to add the "None" Option:

# BOF - Zappo - Option Types v2 - Update Progress Bars Choices (add "None")
UPDATE `configuration` SET set_function = 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'None\', \'Text\', \'TextArea\', \'Both\'),' WHERE `configuration_key` = 'OPTIONS_TYPE_PROGRESS';
# EOF - Zappo - Option Types v2 - Update Progress Bars Choices (add "None")

That's all folks!

You now should have the added Progress Bar Configuration option of "None".

Edited by Zappo

echo $messageStack->output('upload')

don't work on product_info.php

Indeed.

That's actually a "left over" from the previous Option Types contribution, and has absolutely no use at all...

Everybody who feels like it, may remove the following useless lines from product_info.php: (Around line 85)

<tr>
	<td><?php echo $messageStack->output('upload'); ?></td>
  </tr>

Thanks for posting, Sunrise!

Thanks.

I'm thinking something is not installed correctly...

The CUSTOMER-INPUT in AttribManager is correct. (What else do you want to show there? --> It's what the Customer will later Input in the field (Either text or a file)

Seems like the Option Type doesn't get (or can't get) detected as a Text or Upload, and the standard dropdown is displayed instead (which will indeed show "CUSTOMER-INPUT" if that happens...

Did you include option_types.php correctly (in product_info.php)? Are all the files in place (includes/modules/option_types.php)

Check if you installed correctly...

I also find this issue.

after I select image and add to cart, it will not go to shopping_cart.php and still on product)info.php page, but shopping cart box have add this quanlity.

any advice?

best Regards,

That should not happen...

Did you set "Display Cart After Adding Product" to TRUE in "Configuration-->My Store"???

hello

i have just installed oscommerce rc2a with the following contributions : seperate pricing per customer 4.2.2 and SPPC pricebreaks v2.

after installing option type in admin everything worked ok.

i also get produkt_info.php installed and working. but after choosing a tex or textarea atribute the shopping cart stays empty. <_<

the problem lies in the fact that the attribute code in several php files are so much different from original ocs rc2a that i can not make anything out of it to replace it with the code from the option type v2contribution.

has anyone installed all 3 contributions ??

Hi Eric,

I actually contributed a little to those contribs as well, and did merge them with the previous version of Option Types...

Although the "old" Option Types contrib is very much the same, it's not identical.

So it can be done (and I will do it again with Option Types v2, but not for a while I'm afraid)

If you need some help with any particular code, just drop me a message.

dear zappo,

first thanks for the contributio. it is very nice one and exactly what i need for the site i am building

i have 3 questions:

1) Is it possible to add a file upload progress bar or something similar to show the user file is uploading

2) I am thinking of adding a separate button to say "add to card and upload a file" in addition to the "add to card" button. The problem is i would like this button to appear only when the products with upload option are selected. And not appear with other products.

3) Is it possible to force select of one attribute option or make by default one attribute option always selected? Let say the product has a £0.00 price and the user has to be forced to select one attribute option or by default one of them is always selected.

hope you can give me some tips

thanks again

valerif

i have 3 questions:

1) Is it possible to add a file upload progress bar or something similar to show the user file is uploading

2) I am thinking of adding a separate button to say "add to card and upload a file" in addition to the "add to card" button. The problem is i would like this button to appear only when the products with upload option are selected. And not appear with other products.

3) Is it possible to force select of one attribute option or make by default one attribute option always selected? Let say the product has a £0.00 price and the user has to be forced to select one attribute option or by default one of them is always selected.

1) I actually have been looking into that, but it's not at all easy to make!!! (It's very possible, but also pretty complicated...)

2) You could have a variable set @ uploads (variable will only exist if an upload is also shown), and then use that variable to display/hide the extra button... It's not very pretty, but should work like a charm... (can provide some code if needed)

3) That question was asked before, and we do need such functionality... Still looking into that (and the sort-order for attributes)