• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Option Types v2

Zappo

Simple question hopefully, I finally got things running how I want them too, the only thing I need to know now is, is there a way to have the image uploader accept other file formats such as word docs and PSD.'s?

Along with upping the upload file size limit.

The upload file size limit is typically controlled by your web server. <2Mb is typically the default defined in your server variables. Some people have found ways around this if their server allows for a php.ini file to override their server variables. I believe you should Google UPLOAD_MAXFILESIZE . My memory could be failing here.

Suggestion on the file types question: You should be able to upload other file types with some edits to the code. You will have to write an if statement to first query the file extension. If .jpg - run the current code - if other - run a standard file upload script without the image resizing script.

Edited by smailliwnosaj

You will have to write an if statement to first query the file extension. If .jpg - run the current code - if other - run a standard file upload script without the image resizing script.

Good point!

Forgot about that! :blush:

This only means this should REALLY be a configurable setting!

Edited by Zappo

Like Eek said... It never hurts to help!
----------------------------------------

OK I can get the code for a standard file upload script as I built one before for a website before, but would you care to elaborate on how to write the "if" statement to run said script, as I am really bad with php syntax but slowly learning.

Edited by thewebagency

Hi,

i've installed option type v2..

Product%20options.jpg

one problem, the option type column displays "Error" for each Option Name entry...when I click on the edit buttons in the Action colunn I get the following error

1054 - Unknown column 'products_options_comment' in 'field list'

select products_options_name, products_options_comment from products_options where products_options_id = '1' and language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

Any ideas on this ?

Thanks,

Rory

Yeah...

Many problems indeed, and Option Types has to do with just a tiny fraction of it...

Looks like quite a mess...

The site was working perfectly fine until I installed the contribution so it couldn't have been anything else. I followed the instructions exactly, so I have no idea how this all happened.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

It has to do with the application_type file since that is the one giving an error on the product pages.

I installed this contribution but now when I click a product, I get the error "Fatal error: Call to a member function add_current_page() on a non-object in /home/aj23/public_html/includes/application_top.php on line 312"

Does anyone know the problem and how I can fix this?

thanks

Take a look at the site, where you can clearly see many problems now.

www.genxgsm.com

All of the problems have to be from installing this, since it is all I did before getting all these problems. It has to do with the application_top file since I get that error on many pages as well. I have no idea how my whole site got messed up when i followed the instructions as they said.

Does anyone have any suggestions on fixing this problem?

Edited by aj23

The site was working perfectly fine until I installed the contribution so it couldn't have been anything else.

It has to do with the application_type file since that is the one giving an error on the product pages.

Then why do I see the error message on your site:

1146 - Table 'aj23_d60527111.TABLE_AUTHORS' doesn't exist

This certainly has nothing to do with Option Types, neither does the messed up template...

If the problem is in application_top.php you should examine ALL the changes made to that file...

1054 - Unknown column 'products_options_comment' in 'field list'

select products_options_name, products_options_comment from products_options where products_options_id = '1' and language_id = '1'

As the error says, the column for option comments does not exist.

You probably didn't execute the SQL file...

Then why do I see the error message on your site:

1146 - Table 'aj23_d60527111.TABLE_AUTHORS' doesn't exist

This certainly has nothing to do with Option Types, neither does the messed up template...

If the problem is in application_top.php you should examine ALL the changes made to that file...

Could it be due to interference with other contributions that I previously had? There was one image contribution that i didn't install myself, so it could be with that....but yea before I tried getting this up the site was fine, luckily I have a backup, but either way I need this contribution for half of my products so I'll have to find a way to get it to work.

Could it be due to interference with other contributions that I previously had?

That does seem to be the case.

Your suspicion that it's just application_top could be correct though.

You could try using the one supplied with Option Types, and check what other changes (if any) you need after that.

That does seem to be the case.

Your suspicion that it's just application_top could be correct though.

You could try using the one supplied with Option Types, and check what other changes (if any) you need after that.

Is this the one you are talking about?

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/160

I can't seem to find much else that has to do with option types.

Thanks

Is this the one you are talking about?

I can't seem to find much else that has to do with option types.

Dude!

This is the Official Support Thread for Option Types v2!!

As stated in the 3rd post:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6818

Oh my bad man lol. I thought you meant like an option types v1 or something.

Here is the line 312, $navigation->add_current_page();

But I still don't see how it could have created this many problems for me. Maybe I should just backup to before I installed it and then try again...but I have to wait for my host to upload the backup file.

Here is the line 312, $navigation->add_current_page();

But I still don't see how it could have created this many problems for me. Maybe I should just backup to before I installed it and then try again...but I have to wait for my host to upload the backup file.

Ok well now I restored most of my files, including mysql and now its back without any noticeable differences (still have some files for this contribution up). First thing I noticed, is that by using this product_info file, it takes away the whole pricing and information box that is on the top left of the product page, leaving just the image and desciption below, so that file is one problem for me straight off, and I didn't look much more into it. So I'm guessing it's going to be a lot of work for me to get this working with my site? Hopefully there is a simple way, because I'm still new to oscommerce and all.

As the error says, the column for option comments does not exist.

You probably didn't execute the SQL file...

Hi,

sure i ran the sql file first thing! but ran it again and now looking a lot better!! thanks!!...a few more glitches to sort out but on the road at last,,,thanks again!

Hi, I must ask, does anyone have a more detailed guide on installation? I tried just uploading the files for this contribution, but then of course many problems were created because a lot of code from other things were not there. I have to merge all the files to add the new code, but then I'm not really sure where to even start on that. If not, is there another way I can get something similar running, with a detailed tutorial? I really want to use this one as it seems to be very good, but I'm not able to compare and add code that I need to all my current files.

Thanks

Hi, I must ask, does anyone have a more detailed guide on installation?

Use a comparison software like kDiff3

This allows you to compare (and merge) 3 files at the same time.

Take the original osC file, the file with code you want to add, and the File you want to add to.

You'll see the differences between them, and you'll be able to evaluate what parts need to be merged.

By the way, install instructions would only tell you where to look in what file (In short, it tells you the difference between this, and an original file which is exactly the same thing kDiff3 will do for ya)

Can't help you out any more than that, as I have better things to do than writing install instructions.

And by the way, Attributes and Option Types does nearly do the same as Option Types v2, but I don't think you'll have a breeze installing that one!

Edited by Zappo

Use a comparison software like kDiff3

This allows you to compare (and merge) 3 files at the same time.

Take the original osC file, the file with code you want to add, and the File you want to add to.

You'll see the differences between them, and you'll be able to evaluate what parts need to be merged.

By the way, install instructions would only tell you where to look in what file (In short, it tells you the difference between this, and an original file which is exactly the same thing kDiff3 will do for ya)

Can't help you out any more than that, as I have better things to do than writing install instructions.

And by the way, Attributes and Option Types does nearly do the same as Option Types v2, but I don't think you'll have a breeze installing that one!

Do you mean the original attributes and option types on the site? I was looking at the option types with that, but I don't see any options to add them to a product...

Thanks and I'll try that program as well, or maybe I'll just use winmerge as i was also recommended to use that.

I have no idea what went wrong, but I'm guessing the SQL file wasn't (properly) executed...

Go into your phpMyAdmin, and check the table "configuration_group" for the Option Types entry, and note the "configuration_group_id" number.

Then check the table "configuration", and find the Option Type values (use progress bars?, Upload File Prefix, Delete Uploads older than, upload directory and temporary directory)

These probably don't have the correct configuration_group_id... Set it to the value found in configuration_group

Lat me know if it works out.

We'll try another fix if it doesn't.

It worked well . Thanks a lot.

Edited by zoran23

I just used winmerge on all the files and will try again, hopefully it works! But is paypal_standard the same as if I just have paypal in the modules? I have no paypal_standard but I do have paypal and paypal_ipn.

OK I can get the code for a standard file upload script as I built one before for a website before, but would you care to elaborate on how to write the "if" statement to run said script and also where to add it, as I am really bad with php syntax but slowly learning.

Anyone? :rolleyes:

Edited by thewebagency

• 2 weeks later...

Zappo rules :)

I was reading all your comments and there was someone who already asked it before.

Is there a possibility to connect the product options with the stock?

You were thinking about implementing it in the contribution...

For now i'll try to combine QTpro v1.0 (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,888/)

kind regards

Edited by jannezz

Is there a possibility to connect the product options with the stock?

You were thinking about implementing it in the contribution...

No, there's no way of doing that now...

Also, I'm NOT going to implement stock-tracking. I was thinking of devising a way to show Products as Options.

The best way to implement stock tracking, will indeed be combining QTPro...

If you run into problems with the merging, don't hesitate to ask for some help. (I can imagine other people wanting the same thing)

No, there's no way of doing that now...

Also, I'm NOT going to implement stock-tracking. I was thinking of devising a way to show Products as Options.

The best way to implement stock tracking, will indeed be combining QTPro...

If you run into problems with the merging, don't hesitate to ask for some help. (I can imagine other people wanting the same thing)

Just finished installing the QTPro contribution

Works like a charm!