• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Option Types v2

Zappo

Hello:

Looking for a bit of help on the option types images part.

If I have two Product options set to use images when I go to the catalog and try to select the first option every option value for both product options is shown no matter which product option is tried.

IE:

Product Options:

Fonts Image

Logo Image

Option Values:

Fonts Contemporary

Fonts Roman

Fonts Script

Logo Circle

Logo Flowers

Logo Borders

Now if you go to the catalog this is what happens:

Fonts shows correctly - shows only the 3 font options

When you try to select a Logo:

All 3 fonts show and all 3 logo choices show in the drop down.

Can anyone help???

Thanks!

Edited by pete636ua

can anyone help me figure out why when I add a +price to an option it is always wrong? I put + 248 for an option thats say 1000 quantity and when you view the product it says it's 269.01? ANY help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

It sounds like it's adding tax, no?

First of all, thank you so much! I did install it a while ago, and it was perfect!

But then I did something wrong and had to reinstall my shop from a backup, and since then it has been some trouble...

I have also installed the "Simple Multiple Images (Unlimited) with Fancy Popups V1.25", and suddenly I can't get the two to work together. Everything looks just fine, but when I go to the shop the added text field is a drop-down with the text "CUSTOMER-INPUT". This happens if I try to select radio or checkbox to...

It looks like this:

http://www.unikegaver.no/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=27&products_id=39

Any ideas? Or do I have to do it all over again? I have absolutely no idea wath I'm doing, I started this project a month ago, with no experience in php... Help?... :blink:

It sounds like it's adding tax, no?

No I have only one test product right now and its set to tax class = none. Thank you very much for your help, I can't move forward with this site if these product option prices are not right.

Take care,

Edited by DeanDesign

Hello:

Looking for a bit of help on the option types images part.

If I have two Product options set to use images when I go to the catalog and try to select the first option every option value for both product options is shown no matter which product option is tried.

IE:

Product Options:

Fonts Image

Logo Image

Option Values:

Fonts Contemporary

Fonts Roman

Fonts Script

Logo Circle

Logo Flowers

Logo Borders

Now if you go to the catalog this is what happens:

Fonts shows correctly - shows only the 3 font options

When you try to select a Logo:

All 3 fonts show and all 3 logo choices show in the drop down.

Can anyone help???

Thanks!

Is there anyone that can assist me with this problem??? Thanks in advance!!

It is somehow adding tax or something because when I changed the price to 1.00 it somehow changed it to 1.08> What is going on? What should I be looking at? Im lost. Thanks for any help!

Ok yeah this is whacked. I think this contrib busted my new install. Now when ever I add a product it doesnt display the price right. So the price says 1.00 and the attrib manager says the option costs 248 but when you look at it in the store the price is 1.08 and the option price is 269.01. Any help seriously appreciated!

Edited by DeanDesign

Well.... Not always :lol:

Is it worth a Package-Update?

Maybe send it to me so I can get it integrated, or maybe you can add an update package to the contribution yourself?

Only reason I would say its not worth a package update is because the functionality isn't "smart" enough to know to only use the function when an image is being uploaded. I feel some people would rather not have the annoying little popup window if they are only passing on a few fields of text. This was my reasoning to not creating an update. Maybe if someone could could add a couple lines to the admin side to be able to turn the option on/off it would be update worthy.

Yeah, Im really confused. I've searched every post here and I still can't fugure this out.

Zappo:

I found the line of code to test the product option prices and you can see in the screen below that they are wrong? Why are my product option prices off? I have the prices of the product set to 0, the options are supposed to make the price....I think I read that it shouldn't show if its set to zero but it always does. Of course my main concern is the prices though. ANY HELP REALLY APPRECIATED!

testingprice.jpg

Thanks EVERYONE. This is an AWESOME CONTIB!

Edited by DeanDesign

First of all, thank you so much! I did install it a while ago, and it was perfect!

But then I did something wrong and had to reinstall my shop from a backup, and since then it has been some trouble...

I have also installed the "Simple Multiple Images (Unlimited) with Fancy Popups V1.25", and suddenly I can't get the two to work together. Everything looks just fine, but when I go to the shop the added text field is a drop-down with the text "CUSTOMER-INPUT". This happens if I try to select radio or checkbox to...

It looks like this:

http://www.unikegaver.no/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=27&products_id=39

Any ideas? Or do I have to do it all over again? I have absolutely no idea wath I'm doing, I started this project a month ago, with no experience in php... Help?... :blink:

I now (somehow) made the text field work, and the radio buttons too... But then the "Simple Multiple Images" disapear. They'r still in the products page, but does not show in the shop. The settings in "Images" are still there too.

Any idea what's causing this? Please help... I need both the multiple images and the text field....

Ok I tried merging this with add-weight-to-product-attributes v0.2 and when I got to the products_attributes.php page I couldnt figure out how to complete the merge because of code mods from this contrib (OptionTypes). Can anyone help me with merging these two contirbs? I also use the AttribManager so it would really be nice if I could add weight to any attribute option.

Thanks!

Edited by DeanDesign

How to make work Option Types v2 togehter with http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/1385 Options Price Update

Due to german rules for online trade i have to update the price of an article after someone has changed some options.

In my shop to be builded i have 2 different options

1.) simple dropdown - e.g. do you want the cards sold to be printet on one side or on both - an Options Price Update will immediatele change the total price due to the amount stated in database

2.) dropdown with picture - e.g. do you want the imprint in black only or do you want to add some red or green. The colours are shown in an example-text as soon as you pick them from an dropdownlist. but in that case the price will not be updatet - or worse, it will change to zero - 0,00 EUR. (thats too cheap :( )

As i already learned, the first case is handled in the product_info.php, the second in the module option_types.php.

The only change i made in this module was in the line 167 as follows:

$ImageSelector_Dropdown = '<select name="' . $Image_Dropdown_ID . '" onChange="document.getElementById(\'ImageSelect' . $product_info['products_id'] . '\').innerHTML=ImageText'.$product_info['products_id'].'[this.selectedIndex];showPrice(this.form);showPrice1(this.form);">' . $Image_Dropdown[$product_info['products_id']] . '</select> ' . $ProdOpt_Comment;

without that price will be always that of default option, after changing, an option with no addiditonal price will work correctly, with an extra price it will change to zero

what can be the reason? :blink:

I now (somehow) made the text field work, and the radio buttons too... But then the "Simple Multiple Images" disapear. They'r still in the products page, but does not show in the shop. The settings in "Images" are still there too.

Any idea what's causing this? Please help... I need both the multiple images and the text field....

Case closed!

Still no luck on a simple way to get my fields to display in the order I choose as opposed to alphabetically? Lets say I have:

Name:

Email:

Phone:

Image:

And I want them displayed in that order on my product page. It arranges them alphabetically instead so they would be like:

Email:

Image:

Name:

Phone:

I'm assuming there has to be a simple way to change this, for the life of me I just can't find it.

Still no luck on a simple way to get my fields to display in the order I choose as opposed to alphabetically? Lets say I have:

I'm assuming there has to be a simple way to change this, for the life of me I just can't find it.

I'm really pressed on time right now, and don't even know if this is a bug, but here's a pointer:

Look for the file(s) where this happens, and search for:

order by 

I'm guessing somewhere, it's set to order by option_name. you should change that to "order by" whatever you want.

(Mind you, I'm guessing here...)

IF this is a bug (Someone else seen this behaviour?) of course, a package update should be made...

Edited by Zappo

Like Eek said... It never hurts to help!
----------------------------------------

Hi, I have run into problems install OTv2. I can only get a drop down list of options. There are no text inputs at all. A prompt to allow file downloads also works, but it's the text input I'm really after. I already checked the database contributions indexes match, well they do know, somehow I had managed to get 2 complete sets of entries, so I have deleted the highest numbered set. Any assistance will be much appreciated !

Hi, I have run into problems install OTv2. I can only get a drop down list of options. There are no text inputs at all. A prompt to allow file downloads also works, but it's the text input I'm really after. I already checked the database contributions indexes match, well they do know, somehow I had managed to get 2 complete sets of entries, so I have deleted the highest numbered set. Any assistance will be much appreciated !

If I understand you right, uploads DO show up and work, and Text inputs don't show up?

Or do you mean the dropdown in the Admin side?

I'm guessing you haven't included a (or both) configure.php file: (admin/)includes/local/configure.php

If you HAVE included those files, please check if the file is included by application_top.php (I believe around line 25)

Like Eek said... It never hurts to help!
----------------------------------------

If I understand you right, uploads DO show up and work, and Text inputs don't show up?

Or do you mean the dropdown in the Admin side?

I'm guessing you haven't included a (or both) configure.php file: (admin/)includes/local/configure.php

If you HAVE included those files, please check if the file is included by application_top.php (I believe around line 25)

Thanks for your reply, I checked the files you indicated, they are all in the right places and application_top.php contains

// Set the local configuration parameters - mainly for developers

if (file_exists('includes/local/configure.php')) include('includes/local/configure.php');

at line 25.

I have placed a couple of images here: http://www.marnick.com/wiki/tiki-index.php?page=Oscommerce&saved_msg=y

showing the store view and the edit view.

maybe they will provide a clue ...

I tried merging this with add-weight-to-product-attributes v0.2 and when I got to the products_attributes.php page I couldnt figure out how to complete the merge. Can anyone help me with merging these two contirbs? I REALLY need to be able to add weights to attributes. I also use the Ajax AttribManager...

Thanks for any insight,

:thumbsup: