• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Option Types v2

Zappo

George I did not receive the links of sites. Not because any fault of yours. Email address was one of my web sites and not a real email address. I just changed it.

Could you resend links for the 2.3.1

Thanks a million

"Do what I'm thinking Not what I said." https:windowanddoorparts.us

Hello All,

Installed Option Types 231, but received the following error when trying to add product to cart:

Warning: opendir(images/temp/) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home/ixoye97/public_html/giftofnames.com/includes/application_top.php on line 342

Could not openimages/temp/

Line 342 reads in application_top.php

$purgeDir = opendir(TMP_DIR) or die ('Could not open'.TMP_DIR);

Can anyone shed light on what I did wrong?

Chloe, do you have a folder /images/temp/ ? The error says there is not.

In total there are 3 new folders to create in folder /images/ and they all must have same permissions as the images folder it self

What are the three folders I need to create and where do I place them?

Chloe, they should be mentioned in the install instructions, can you please check this?

Folders to create are

images/options/ (in case you want to use the "image" option type)

images/temp/ (for fileuploads)

images/uploads/ (for fileuploads)

Also make sure the folders have the same permissions as the /images/ folder

Edited by multimixer

Please help! When I tried to add options in admin for a product, I received the following errors.

Warning: include(includes/modules/option_types.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/ixoye97/public_html/giftofnames.com/product_info.php on line 186

Warning: include(includes/modules/option_types.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/ixoye97/public_html/giftofnames.com/product_info.php on line 186

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/modules/option_types.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/ixoye97/public_html/giftofnames.com/product_info.php on line 186

Any idea of what I did wrong?

Chloe, the error says:

Warning: include(includes/modules/option_types.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in/home/ixoye97/public_html/giftofnames.com/product_info.php on line 186

Are you sure the file is there?

Also, are you sure you get the error when you are in admin? It looks like you have the error when you are on the product info page on the store side

Some of the paypal modules use their "own" "checkout_process.php" file, that means that any changes tone to file catalog/checkout_process.php need to be repeatet accordingly for the paypal module you use, that will be located in catalog/includes/modules/payment/

The otion types v2 version for RC2a, has such a paypal file included, I don't know if this is the case also for the 231 update, anyway, you can check that file and do changes to your paypal file accordingly

Multimixer, to confirm, I use the PayPal IPN contribution.placed in /includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php. Are you saying that I have to make the same modifications to that file that are in Option Type v2's /includes/modules/payment/paypal_standard.php or that I have to make these changes to another file?

Multimixer, to confirm, I use the PayPal IPN contribution.placed in /includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php. Are you saying that I have to make the same modifications to that file that are in Option Type v2's /includes/modules/payment/paypal_standard.php or that I have to make these changes to another file?

I can't tell you this, since I don't know the contents of that file. Does it repeat the process (DB entries, mail etc) like in file checkout_process.php? In case of yes, then you need to do the changes that are done in checkout_process.php (or paypal_standard.php , they are same) also to the paypal file you use.

In case you are not sure and have the feeling that you need to show that file to someone, please do not post it here since it s not related to option types itself. You can pm it to me instead

i have item with no Available Options, which adds to shopping cart fine.

if i have a drop down box and i have an item to the shopping cart, the item adds to shopping cart but the available options doesn't add and you can not update the qty unless you go back to the same item and add a second qty to the shopping cart then the available options appear

http://www.aspubsports.com/product_info.php?cPath=90&products_id=359 - this item has just drop down box..

if the item has a text box it will not add to the shopping cart at all..

http://www.aspubsports.com/product_info.php?cPath=86_129&products_id=391 - example with text box

i followed the mod completely and only thing don't work is shopping cart.

hope this makes sense lol.

steven

Steven

I can't say for sure, but it looks like the problem is in file includes/classes/shopping_cart.php or possibly even in includes/application_top.php

Check again the instructions to make sure you followed all steps. For the includes/classes/shopping_cart.php file, did you merge it manually or did you use the file of the download package?

includes/application_top.php you had to modify manually anyway

EDIT: check your pm inbox

Edited by multimixer

Hi George,

few people are having the error if you see from 18th October, but i have double checked everything and all of this is fine, if you think you could help me i can message you them two files if you don't mind having a look?

I don't use the uploaded package my self, so I can't say if there is any issue with instructions or files.

Please check your pm and send me the files, you could get in touch directly right away having this kind of problems

Steven, check your email, the issue was in file includes/classes/shopping_cart.php

To all

Checking both, the uploaded file and the manual instructions about file includes/classes/shopping_cart.php, I think they are both wrong, no wonder that it doesn't work

Till there is an update to that package, I recommend to use the file from the old package instead and merge it manually into your new file

Edited by multimixer