• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

register global Problem while installing new template

anoopd

Hi,

I am a total newbie with oscommerce .. i installed it in my local server(Xampp) and it worked fine .. but when i tried to install a new template from TM it is showing error register globals are not enabled .. i searched the xamp dir and found two php.ini files and changed register globals to on .. but it is not working .. may i know what i did wrong ?

Hi,

I am a total newbie with oscommerce .. i installed it in my local server(Xampp) and it worked fine .. but when i tried to install a new template from TM it is showing error register globals are not enabled .. i searched the xamp dir and found two php.ini files and changed register globals to on .. but it is not working .. may i know what i did wrong ?

Did you restart APACHE?

Yea i tried that too ... but of no use:( ... Anyway thank you for your reply

Open a text editor and type these

php_flag register_globals on

php_value register_globals on

save the file as ".htaccess" and place it in catalog folder or wherever your site is located.

If you already have an .htaccess file in your catalog folder, open it and insert those two lines.

Close all browsers and restart APACHE.