• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Is anyone having problems with Paypal

I don't know if this is the appropriate place to ask this question. If it's not I apologize.

About 2 months ago, my sales dropped by 2/3.

I have checked everything. It's not search engine traffice or keyword related. Orders seem to working fine on the Oscommerce side. I don't have any new competition blowing me out of the water. My bounce rate hasn't gone up. In some cases, it's actually gone down. I can't find any explanation for it.

I am getting complaints from customers that they are getting declined, or the order won't go through, on the paypal side.

In four years, I've never had any of these complaints.

Is anyone else having problems with paypal?

I'm running 2.2 if that is germane.

As somewhat an aside, does anyone use authorize.net, psigate? How is their service?

It could just be the economy. It's huting everyone. You may want to ask paypal to reivew your account. They may be blocking purchases for some reason. Authorize.net is the most stable of all of the payment modules but they are also the most expensive.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

It could just be the economy. It's huting everyone. You may want to ask paypal to reivew your account. They may be blocking purchases for some reason. Authorize.net is the most stable of all of the payment modules but they are also the most expensive.

Jack

I don't think it's the economy because up to April 20, 2009 it was fine. Then it went off the cliff. I have written paypal and they are not helpful. Thanks for the info on authorize.net.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't think it's the economy because up to April 20, 2009 it was fine. Then it went off the cliff. I have written paypal and they are not helpful. Thanks for the info on authorize.net.

For anyone that cares, the problem was I have an old 2.2 system and it was using a depreciated paypal landing page. This caused a major problem when paypal did all of it's upgrades.

Here's the right line for anyone with an old system, using paypal:

paypal.php

$this->form_action_url = 'https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr';

This is at least part of the problem, as my sales have increased at least 300% since I implemented the change.

• 2 weeks later...
For anyone that cares, the problem was I have an old 2.2 system and it was using a depreciated paypal landing page. This caused a major problem when paypal did all of it's upgrades.

Here's the right line for anyone with an old system, using paypal:

paypal.php

This is at least part of the problem, as my sales have increased at least 300% since I implemented the change.

You are awesome! Thanks so much for posting the fix, what a cool thing to do. I was just searching through here thinking "I will never find it and I will have to post..." and there it was. My PayPal just suddenly stopped working and I used the code you posted and it worked.

Thanks again!

Nicole

• 3 weeks later...
You are awesome! Thanks so much for posting the fix, what a cool thing to do. I was just searching through here thinking "I will never find it and I will have to post..." and there it was. My PayPal just suddenly stopped working and I used the code you posted and it worked.

Thanks again!

Nicole

Ditto-Thanks for posting this-it worked a treat. How did you find out about it?

Regards

Thanks again!

Nicole

thanks. Just to double check,

Old Code: $this->form_action_url = 'https://secure.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr';

New Code: $this->form_action_url = 'https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr';

I have experienced the same issue. Is thse previous code I posted here the same code you all changed?

Thanks,

Tom

Hi,

This is exactly the problem I have been having! My sales completely died out about a month ago, I didn't realize why until I started getting emails about it. The problem now is that I have no idea what I'm doing with the codes or where to enter them... a web developer set up my site and now he wants hundreds of dollars any time I ask him to help with anything... I just don't have 300 to spend on it, especially since my income had been completely non existant since my site was not accepting payments!

Can anyone help me figure out what to so to fix this on my own? Feel free to explain like you were talking to an idiot, since I have no idea where to begin.

Thanks SO SO MUCH!!!

Thank you!

I think the fix mentioned in this thread is for an old version of a paypal module. Since these modules install, for the most part, by just copying files, it hardly seems worth the effort to try fixing them. Just download either the Paypal Standard or Paypal IPN contribution and give it a try.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I think the fix mentioned in this thread is for an old version of a paypal module. Since these modules install, for the most part, by just copying files, it hardly seems worth the effort to try fixing them. Just download either the Paypal Standard or Paypal IPN contribution and give it a try.

Jack

Hi,

The problem is that I don't know where to install these or where to make changes... I kind of need step by step instructions since I'm really new at this

Thank you!

Hi,

The problem is that I don't know where to install these or where to make changes... I kind of need step by step instructions since I'm really new at this

Go to the above menu, Community->Contributions and search for "Paypal Standard" (no quotes). When you get to that page, there will be a botton on the right to download it (hold the mouse over it to determine which one). Save the package to your computer and then open it. There will be files in it you need to upload and another file that has instructions. I know it is very difficult when you haven't done something before but this is quite easy, as contributions go. Take it one step at a time. If you can't fine the contribution, as here. If you don't know how to open it, ask here. You'll eventually get through it. I would suggest though that you open a new thread for any problems since that is not what this one is about and it isn't polite to change the subject of a thread.

Jack

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

am getting the same error message too:

Your credit or debit card has been declined for this transaction; PayPal could not validate the card. Please verify that the information you entered is correct, or try a different credit or debit card.

Tried the lillian's code, and still not working.

I have tried everything but no success! Someone please HELP ME, I have sold anything since June. Terrible situation!

and this what my paypal.php looks like:

<?php
/*
 $Id: $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 [url="http://www.oscommerce.com"]http://www.oscommerce.com[/url]

Copyright © 2007 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

class paypal {
   var $code, $title, $description, $enabled;

// class constructor
   function paypal() {
     global $order;

$this->code = 'paypal';
     $this->title = MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_TEXT_TITLE;
     $this->description = MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_TEXT_DESCRIPTION;
     $this->sort_order = MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_SORT_ORDER;
     $this->enabled = ((MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_STATUS == 'True') ? true : false);

if ((int)MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_ORDER_STATUS_ID > 0) {
       $this->order_status = MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_ORDER_STATUS_ID;
     }

if (is_object($order)) $this->update_status();

if (MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_TRANSACTION_SERVER == 'Live') {

} else {
       $this->form_action_url = 'https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr';
     }
   }

// class methods
   function update_status() {
     global $order;

if ( ($this->enabled == true) && ((int)MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_ZONE > 0) ) {
       $check_flag = false;
       $check_query = tep_db_query("select zone_id from " . TABLE_ZONES_TO_GEO_ZONES . " where geo_zone_id = '" . MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_ZONE . "' and zone_country_id = '" . $order->billing['country']['id'] . "' order by zone_id");
       while ($check = tep_db_fetch_array($check_query)) {
         if ($check['zone_id'] < 1) {
           $check_flag = true;
           break;
         } elseif ($check['zone_id'] == $order->billing['zone_id']) {
           $check_flag = true;
           break;
         }
       }

if ($check_flag == false) {
         $this->enabled = false;
       }
     }
   }

function javascript_validation() {
     return false;
   }
//get paypal images
function get_paypal_image() {
	$paypal_image .= tep_image(DIR_WS_ICONS . 'paypal.gif', $value);
return $paypal_image;
}

function selection() {
     return array('id' => $this->code,
  'module' => $this->title . '     ' . $this->get_paypal_image());

}

function pre_confirmation_check() {
     return false;
   }

function confirmation() {
     return false;
   }

function process_button() {
     global $order, $currencies, $currency;

if (MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_CURRENCY == 'Selected Currency') {
       $my_currency = $currency;
     } else {
       $my_currency = substr(MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_CURRENCY, 5);
     }
     if (!in_array($my_currency, array('CAD', 'EUR', 'GBP', 'JPY', 'USD'))) {
       $my_currency = 'USD';
     }

$process_button_string = tep_draw_hidden_field('cmd', '_cart') .
                              tep_draw_hidden_field('upload', '1') .
                              tep_draw_hidden_field('business', MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_ID) .
                              tep_draw_hidden_field('item_name_1', STORE_NAME) .
                              tep_draw_hidden_field('amount_1', number_format(($order->info['total'] - $order->info['shipping_cost']) * $currencies->get_value($my_currency), $currencies->get_decimal_places($my_currency))) .
                              tep_draw_hidden_field('shipping_1', number_format($order->info['shipping_cost'] * $currencies->get_value($my_currency), $currencies->get_decimal_places($my_currency))).
                              tep_draw_hidden_field('currency_code', $my_currency) .
                              tep_draw_hidden_field('return', tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PROCESS, '', 'SSL')) .
                              tep_draw_hidden_field('cancel_return', tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, '', 'SSL'));

return $process_button_string;
   }

function before_process() {
     return false;
   }

function after_process() {
     return false;
   }

function output_error() {
     return false;
   }

function check() {
     if (!isset($this->_check)) {
       $check_query = tep_db_query("select configuration_value from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " where configuration_key = 'MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_STATUS'");
       $this->_check = tep_db_num_rows($check_query);
     }
     return $this->_check;
   }

function install() {
     tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Enable PayPal Module', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_STATUS', 'True', 'Do you want to accept PayPal payments?', '6', '3', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'True\', \'False\'), ', now())");
     tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('E-Mail Address', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_ID', '', 'The e-mail address to use for the PayPal service', '6', '4', now())");
     tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Transaction Currency', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_CURRENCY', 'Selected Currency', 'The currency to use for credit card transactions', '6', '6', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'Selected Currency\',\'Only USD\',\'Only CAD\',\'Only EUR\',\'Only GBP\',\'Only JPY\'), ', now())");
     tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Transaction Server', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_TRANSACTION_SERVER', 'Live', 'The server to use to process transactions', '6', '3', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'Live\', \'Sandbox\'), ', now())");
     tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Sort order of display.', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_SORT_ORDER', '0', 'Sort order of display. Lowest is displayed first.', '6', '0', now())");
     tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, use_function, set_function, date_added) values ('Payment Zone', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_ZONE', '0', 'If a zone is selected, only enable this payment method for that zone.', '6', '2', 'tep_get_zone_class_title', 'tep_cfg_pull_down_zone_classes(', now())");
     tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, use_function, date_added) values ('Set Order Status', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_ORDER_STATUS_ID', '0', 'Set the status of orders made with this payment module to this value', '6', '0', 'tep_cfg_pull_down_order_statuses(', 'tep_get_order_status_name', now())");
   }

function remove() {
     tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " where configuration_key in ('" . implode("', '", $this->keys()) . "')");
   }

function keys() {
     return array('MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_STATUS', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_ID', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_CURRENCY', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_TRANSACTION_SERVER', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_ZONE', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_ORDER_STATUS_ID', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_SORT_ORDER');
   }
 }
?>

I had the same problem, and I replaced the line of code as shown by a previous poster in paypal.php. I'll let you know if that worked. It was located in catalog\includes\modules\payment.

Carolyn

See post #10

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...c=335698&hl=

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Replacing the line of code worked, I'm getting orders again!

Old Code: $this->form_action_url = 'https://secure.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr';

New Code: $this->form_action_url = 'https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr';

Carolyn

Archived