Latest News: (loading..)
Sign in to follow this  
swguy

[Contribution] Better Together

Better Together for osCommerce 3.0 is now available for download. It allows you to perform the following discounts:

- Two for one on a specific product

- Two for one for all products in a specific category

- Buy one specific product, get another specific product at a discount

- Buy one specific category, get another specific category at a discount

- Buy one specific product, get a product from a specific category at a discount

- Buy an item from a specific category, get a specific product at a discount.

Discounts may be expressed in dollars (i.e. currency units) off or in % of

The download is here: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6812

Contributions: Better Together and Quantity Discounts, for osCommerce 2.2, 2.3.x and 3.0. See my profile for more details.

Cannot get the deduction to show on order total page. shows a discount of $0

$this->add_cat_to_prod(1,1,"$", 70);

$this->add_cat_to_prod(2,1,"$", 70);

cat # 1 & 2 are filled with martial arts programs

prod #1 is their uniform

on products page, it shows that a discount is available.

Just does not pass the amount to the order total.

The mind controls the body, you control the mind ... Control Your Mind!

and it isnot addint the order in the admin since i installed.

Then you've really done something wrong. If you install this on a vanilla 30a5 cart, you'll see it works fine.

Contributions: Better Together and Quantity Discounts, for osCommerce 2.2, 2.3.x and 3.0. See my profile for more details.

I was hoping for a little more "support" as opposed to the obvious. No kidding ... something is wrong !!!

Re-Installed OSC3 Alpha 5 and your addon. All works well untill I try to add variants. Once I do, the cat_to_cat stops working.

I hope that this time you might offer a little help ... no offense intended, just looking for support and not mere observations.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Installation is a professional service I offer if you are unable to install my software.

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in /var/www/virtual/taegon.us/htdocs/proshop/includes/modules/order_total/better_together.php on line 437

What needs to be corrected? This is at top of page on confirmation.

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in /var/www/virtual/taegon.us/htdocs/proshop/includes/modules/order_total/better_together.php on line 437

A fix for this issue has just been posted to the download area. The documentation has also been updated.

Wondering if anyone has this installed. I'm having the same problem as wolfspyryt. None of the discounts calculate when using categories. The marketing line shows on the appropriate products but does not calculate the discount upon checkout. All of the individual product discounts work. This seems like a good add-on but doesn't seem to work on categories. Any ideas?

Have you verified in your database that the category ids are what you think they are?

Yes, I opened MYSQL database and viewed the categories_description table and the category numbers are correct. After doing some more testing, it seems to have something to do with products that have varients. When I selected items from categories that did not have varients, it calculated the discounts properly. When I selected an item from the same category but with a varient, it did not calculate the discount.

My observations:

product 385 category 11 has varients

product 23 category 11 no varients

product 210 category 16 no varients

product 117 category 8 has varients

selecting product 23 and product 117

$this->add_cat_to_prod(11, 117, "%", 100); This works

selecting product 385 and product 117

$this->add_cat_to_prod(11, 117, "%", 100); This does not work

selecting product 117 and product 23

$this->add_prod_to_cat(117, 11, "%", 100); This works

selecting product 117 and product 385

$this->add_prod_to_cat(117, 385, "%", 100); This does not work

selecting product 23 and product 210

$this->add_cat_to_cat(11, 16, "%", 100); This works

selecting product 23 and product 117

$this->add_cat_to_cat(11, 8, "%", 100); This does not work

I hope this makes sense. It seems that when you pick an item that has varients from a category it does not calculate. It shows the marketing text but no discount on chechout.

I may want to get the checkout candy and offers on listing pages but need to get this bug fixed first. Since I have categories with items with and without varients, I can't have it showing marketing text for everything but only getting the discount on the ones without varients.

Sorry for the long message :)

Are you using osCommerce 3.0?

In includes/modules/order_total/better_together.php look for the function cat_compatible - around line 280.

At the top of the function under the global $oscDatabase line, please add

$thisprod = new osC_Product($products_id);

$products_id = $thisprod->getMasterID();

then press the "update shopping cart" button on your checkout page (don't just refresh the page with the browser's update -this doesn't do anything.)

Yes I'm using 3.0. Thank You, I think that did it. I did some quick testing and it appears to be working perfectly. Thank you for the quick response. I need to go to my "other" job now but will be contacting you later by email about the other add-on's and another project I'm thinking about.

Rich

Thanks for confirming. I will post the update to the downloads area shortly.

Version 3.0.2 has been posted; all users should update to get this fix.