• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Have you Bing'ed it?

GemRock

with just one week into exsistence (in the UK), i already set Bing as my default search engine as I am impressed by its search results. Can it Bin google, not sure about that at the moment but it certainly looks very promissing, with the same simplicity as google for the home page but Bing's attractive & stunning background photos is a plus. It is good to have a real competitor, unlike Cuil, to rival google.

Ken

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

over 20 years of computer programming experience.

Looks OK, not sure its any better than google though, but one BIG BIG issue, its another microsoft product!!! :blink:

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

...its another microsoft product!!! :blink:

i know many people do not like M$, which is why I did not mention its from M$ in my post. But to be fair and from I know back in the 90's, there were and still are excellent, talented developers in M$ plus a large developer community. It was just Bill Gate's stupid ideas making stupid decisions that gave M$ a bad reputation. now that BG has gone, things are changing (for the better hopefully): the forth-coming windows 7, unlike the short live vista, is getting good review, and now Bing is the proof.

Heres a few good points of Bing over google:

1. no sponsor links (at least now) at the top or the right column, a google moneyspinner;

2. a neat layout on the search result page, better than google;

3. a snapshot/summary of what each site in the returned results is about if you move mouse towards the right edge of each search result.

Ken

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

...1. no sponsor links (at least now) at the top or the right column, a google moneyspinner;...

Sorry, theres sponsors links depending on what you serach for.

Ken

now that BG has gone, things are changing (for the better hopefully)

Well if what happened with the ISO and OOXML is a good indicator I would think absolutely nothing has changed in that respect.

You do know that BING stands for Bing Is Not Google :)

Well if what happened with the ISO and OOXML is a good indicator I would think absolutely nothing has changed in that respect.

You do know that BING stands for Bing Is Not Google :)

well, i dont use other M$ office products much (except Access as there no equivalent in OpenOffice) but i seem to remember it is using OOXML file format since word 2007?

also IE8 is much better RE css.

yep but Bing Is Not Google sounds nonsence, i therefore invented this Bin-g(oogle), which i guess is what they eventually want to achieve anyway.

Ken

• 2 weeks later...

i gave it a shot and don't like it so far. a lot of unrelated results for certain keywords, whereas google comes up with more targeted stuff for the exact same term.

i don't see much of a difference from live.

i REALLY do not like the image results. takes forever to load even on a fast pc!

Archived