• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal Module

Missy

Hello everyone,

I am severely new to osCommerce, and had my website and shopping cart installed by my company. I am having severe problems with PayPal. I have a merchant account at PayPal, have set up all of the instructions through:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=327233

but when my "faux customer" tries to complete the sale at the PayPal website, this message comes up:

"Unable to process payment. Please contact the merchant as the shipping address provided by the merchant is invalid, and the merchant has requested that your order must be shipped to that address."

I really am not a web designer, nor have I done things like this before. A lot of the words and codes are completely foreign to me. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated!!

• 2 weeks later...
Any suggestions or help would be appreciated

There is a setting in Paypal Account > Profile > Payment Receiving Preferences > 'Block payments from U.S. users who do not provide a Confirmed Address:' > 'set No'. Paypal checks to see if the address exists, so misspelling buyer account - state / city / road names can cause the error...

• 1 month later...
There is a setting in Paypal Account > Profile > Payment Receiving Preferences > 'Block payments from U.S. users who do not provide a Confirmed Address:' > 'set No'. Paypal checks to see if the address exists, so misspelling buyer account - state / city / road names can cause the error...

Hi, I tried what you suggested but I am still getting the same error that Missy is receiving. Any other suggestions?

I contacted paypal and this was their response.

This error message means that the you are using a variable called "address_override" in your button code. This variables presence with a value set to one means the address specified in pre-population from you website variables overrides the user's stored address. The customer is shown the passed-in address but cannot edit it. If the address is not valid such as missing any required fields, including country) or not included. They may get this error message. Removing this variable from the posted data sent to PayPal will resolve this error message.

So i went into <your domain.com>/catalog/includes/module/payment/paypal_standard.php'

and deleted the entire line which read $parameters['address_override'] = '1';

I contacted paypal and this was their response.
$parameters['address_override'] = '1';

change to

$parameters['address_override'] = '0';

Should accomplish the same...seems this should be set to '0' by default, good info and solution...