• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Can anyone recommend the best discount contributions?

Almirena

Hello - I have been working on getting osCommerce up and running for a bookshop supplying titles to libraries.

I've managed with the help of some excellent contributions here to do the following:

1. Added extra fields so that ISBN, Author, Title, Number of CDs, etc., could be added the product descriptions;

2. Added a field for the librarians to specify some additional information;

3. Added free postage to all orders within Australia, with AP-specified postage to be applied to New Zealand library orders;

4. Included GST for Australian libraries and excluded it for New Zealand libraries.

I think the last thing I need to do is add the ability to apply a discount to all orders, all products, irrespective of number of titles ordered.

This osCommerce installation is at present ONLY going to be used by libraries, all of whom will be entitled to free postage within Australia and the standard discount clearly displayed.

I've been looking through the descriptions of the Discount contributions and find myself confused. Which of the contributions will do the task? - That is, apply the discount to all products, regardless of whether free shipping is applied, regardless of the dollar amount or quantity, and with the retail prices of the titles showing so that the discount will only be applied and seen when the order's actually placed? (The order sub-total has to show the discount at the checkout, in other words.)

I would value your advice on which of the contributions will perform this task best. Thanks in advance.

Thank you, Burt - I appreciate the reply. I had gone ahead and played with a few contributions on a separate installation (my "play with it" installation), and I found the one that seemed to work best to produce what I had in mind was http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/1672. It's not EXACTLY what I was looking for, but since the libraries are supplied with invoice anyway (generated from the b&m shop's POS), it was most important to let the librarians know the total as they went along.

As long as every librarian's account is set up with the discount, it works well.